NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
JMarimon

The Perfect Keyboard

Ok, my setup is becoming pretty awesome. I plan on getting a couple of 22 inch monitors soon, I've got some nice big cabinet speakers, an MX Revolution Mouse, and a $10 Logitech keyboard.

Basically, I want a nice new keyboard, but I have some specifications:

- Backlit Keys (Blue preferred)

- Nice looking; black and shiny (blue lights preferred)

- Slim key design; not quit laptop-like, but thinner than the average run-of-the-mill keyboard

- Numpad

- Media keys; Play pause, volume controls, next, previous

- Extra Keys; I like keys for Task Manager, Lock Computer, Sleep, Kill/Start Explorer.exe, and so on

- Wired is preferred, but not needed

Seems like a typical high-end keyboard idea, eh? Try and find it. I've been looking forever, but just can't find it. Also, I am not a PC gamer, so I don't really care about most of those gaming functions and stuff. The closest I've found is the Saitek one, although, it does not have the media/function keys I'd like, and I don't really like the looks of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Some pictures of cool keyboards just to make the thread cooler:

2200756113135.jpg

451edgy269.jpg

pixhis7.jpg

I have the Logitech G15. Blue backlit keys, and LCD screen (there some great apps for it if you seach around). Keys are very nice too type on. Not cluncky, very smooth, but have a good feel to them. Media keys just below the LCD screen. 18 extra macro buttons you can assign almost anything to, with each one having 3 modes. so that's 54 different functions. Very useful for RPGs, buying weapons on CS and generally using your pc. (my first three are bound to copy, past, cut because i'm lazy).

L23-7074.jpg

logitech-g15-keyboard.jpg

logitech_g15.jpg

Ive used the Logitech one in the middle, its a very nice keyboard and im considering getting one myself at the moment but as McPhee says, its pretty pricey.

The diNovo one is great, I have a G15 which i'd recommend to anyone but DAMN, The diNovo. DAMN

- Backlit Keys (Blue preferred)

- Nice looking; black and shiny (blue lights preferred)

- Slim key design; not quit laptop-like, but thinner than the average run-of-the-mill keyboard

- Numpad

- Media keys; Play pause, volume controls, next, previous

- Extra Keys; I like keys for Task Manager, Lock Computer, Sleep, Kill/Start Explorer.exe, and so on

- Wired is preferred, but not needed

2200756113135.jpg

how about the one you just posted!?!?!?! :wtf:

Well, the issue with that Microsoft one is that it lacks the thinner key design. I really prefer typing on laptops, but I want the full-size design of a desktop keyboard. The DiNovo is great, but it lacks a num-pad, which would drive me nuts. It is also very pricey, and rather orange for my blue-light theme.

The G15 is great, although, again, not a gamer. It is kinda big, and doesn't look as cool as I'd like. If they made a dinovo which has a numpad, and blue lights, I would buy it no matter what.

Thus is my problem, the perfect keyboard for my wanting just doesn't seem to exist. Maybe I should try out the keys on the G15, maybe I will like them.

Try to keep searching guys.

Actually, I have seen that one. I kinda really need the extra keys for stuff, and I don't prefer that type of backlight. I prefer it where only the letters and around the keys light up; rather than clear keys like that one.

Thanks again for looking. :bowdown:

Actually, I have seen that one. I kinda really need the extra keys for stuff, and I don't prefer that type of backlight. I prefer it where only the letters and around the keys light up; rather than clear keys like that one.

Thanks again for looking. :bowdown:

I think your gonna need to be a little less picky for a keyboard, your never gonna get something that has every single thing you want by the sounds of it...

What about buying a seperate numberpad? Most of these have programable keys on them too so that'd remove 2 of you're needs

Or buy a keyboard light to light the keyboard after dark

I'm surprised no-one has even mentioned the Optimus Keyboard. It's a little pricey at £800.00 but it does everything you want except the backlighting, along with he added bonus of each key having a 48*48 colour LED screen on it. Imagine the possibilities.

How about the Razer Tarantula?

41C82GJM3HL._SS500_.jpg

I don't know how slim the keys are though but it's a gaming keyboard so I think it should be good.

I never tested it though I only saw it in a gaming shop once.

How about the Razer Tarantula?

41C82GJM3HL._SS500_.jpg

I don't know how slim the keys are though but it's a gaming keyboard so I think it should be good.

I never tested it though I only saw it in a gaming shop once.

Hmmm, not looked into that one yet, I'll look at it more.

I am looking deeply into the G15, it seems to have all I want but the thin keys, and I could live without that if the keys feel really nice.

The keys are great, the best I've ever used at least, not that I'm a keyboard testing enthusiast.

I have the Logitech G15. Blue backlit keys, and LCD screen (there some great apps for it if you seach around). Keys are very nice too type on. Not cluncky, very smooth, but have a good feel to them. Media keys just below the LCD screen. 18 extra macro buttons you can assign almost anything to, with each one having 3 modes. so that's 54 different functions. Very useful for RPGs, buying weapons on CS and generally using your pc. (my first three are bound to copy, past, cut because i'm lazy).

L23-7074.jpg

logitech-g15-keyboard.jpg

logitech_g15.jpg

I use this. Its awesome. The blue light is unneccessary but its nice for showing off :P The screen si where it rocks. You can have it show stuff that you wouldnt normally see. So its like a second screen. In fps you can use it as your score tally and ping rate et. Or you can use it to alert you if you get email. Always has clock etc.

As far as functionality goes, that keyboard does look very cool, and the blue keys have a nice look, but on the whole I do think it's quite ugly :-/ I get the impression of "trying too hard" from it, like it wants to be in a movie set in 2099.

I'm surprised no-one has even mentioned the Optimus Keyboard. It's a little pricey at £800.00 but it does everything you want except the backlighting, along with he added bonus of each key having a 48*48 colour LED screen on it. Imagine the possibilities.

Most people don't spend the whole time staring at the keyboard. Hundreds of thousands of people have learnt keyboard shortcuts without shelling out 800 quid for what is a essentially a very nice bit of kit to show off, but pretty rubbish when it comes to usefulness.

I use this. Its awesome. The blue light is unneccessary but its nice for showing off :P The screen si where it rocks. You can have it show stuff that you wouldnt normally see. So its like a second screen. In fps you can use it as your score tally and ping rate et. Or you can use it to alert you if you get email. Always has clock etc.

Get Sir Reals G15 Applet, it's the best one I've found, Fps, various network speeds (as graphs too), tell you when a programs crashed and lets you close it from the keyboard, memory/CPU usage. All on one screen. Fully customisable to.

Sign in to follow this