NEurope
skizza83

Wii sports rip of for the ps2

http://www.myrealplay.com/

what does everyone think of this?

it absolutley rips of the wii in every aspect, even look at the advertising!

Is anyone slightley worried? I mean, if this is just a 3rd party doing this imagine what the 1st partys have up their sleeves for the ps3 and maybe even the 360!

Worried? Why do I give a toss?

What exactly is the problem you have with this? Companies jump on board the latest craze, for example all the "Brain Trainers" you have seen. I just think its funny, why are you worried?

And also, your signatures cool. Thats a tonne of PS3's being sold, just shows how great Sony is at marketing quite an expensive product.

Good luck to them, the will need it. The Wii has momentum now and are still a step ahead with Wii Fit.

Unless its sold with the console I really wouldn't worry...

What exactly is the problem you have with this? Companies jump on board the latest craze, for example all the "Brain Trainers" you have seen. I just think its funny, why are you worried?

And also, your signatures cool. Thats a tonne of PS3's being sold, just shows how great Sony is at marketing quite an expensive product.

im not really worried to that, but the thing is theres an absolutley HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE ps2 userbase, bigger than the ps3, 360 and wii put together! And this actually looks quite good.... even if it turns out to be a load of shit, it looks half decent, now brain traning... thats on a lot lower level compared to this

im not really worried to that, but the thing is theres an absolutley HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE ps2 userbase, bigger than the ps3, 360 and wii put together! And this actually looks quite good.... even if it turns out to be a load of shit, it looks half decent, now brain traning... thats on a lot lower level compared to this

Like I said, Nintendo are one step ahead with Wii Fit and I'm sure they have a load of other crap up their sleeves! Plus you need a different controller for each game...The Wii is successful partly because its simple.

You need one controller to play the Wii. You need a controller for each of these games that are coming out on the PS2, so no threat. And the PS2 is almost dead anyway.

http://www.myrealplay.com/

what does everyone think of this?

it absolutley rips of the wii in every aspect, even look at the advertising!

Is anyone slightley worried? I mean, if this is just a 3rd party doing this imagine what the 1st partys have up their sleeves for the ps3 and maybe even the 360!

Not worried at all. It won't take off as it's a peripheral. Plus you need to buy a ton of them to play each different game. It won't work as well as the Wii, it's not as cool and no one's gonna buy it in droves.

That's not a tonne of PS3s being sold, it's PS3 being outsold and capturing less than one sixth of the next gen market place. It's being outsold in every territory by the Wii and in US and Europe by the 360. Even with the clearance on the 60gb model it still failed to overtake the 360.

And to be able to play all 6 games on this ps2 thing (golf, snooker, tennis, driving, roll the ball thingy and bowling), guess how much it costs?

£180! Ouch

And to be able to play all 6 games on this ps2 thing (golf, snooker, tennis, driving, roll the ball thingy and bowling), guess how much it costs?

£180! Ouch

That's what I thought. Mind you, I don't care about it to be honest...

I was confused for a second, but then I realised it's not all 1 game, each sport is it's own game that comes with the controller thing. So you would have to buy each game to get everything.

AAAAAh, i thought they were like a 5 in one disc or something, with 5 different controllers. If its just the 1 game then its all been done before with the golf game on the ps2, That was quite popular though!

Look at this screenshot. They even copy car poses in screenshots.

edit:

£180! Ouch

It's RRP £210 for the lot.

Why do they not show the tennis game!??

And the bowling looks soo bad (physics wise, Monkey Bowling does it better!) it's laughable!!! lol

It won't be as great as the Wii, simply because you need a different controller for each game, and chances are you won't see many future games using many if them.

Unlike the Wii where the one controller can do all that AND more

It won't be as great as the Wii, simply because you need a different controller for each game, and chances are you won't see many future games using many if them.

Unlike the Wii where the one controller can do all that AND more

plus you have to actually pay for the game.......plus it's on a dying console(well not really dying but you get the point)

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see quite a fw companies trying to jump on this interactive gaming bandwagon, however I don't think anyone will be able to carry it off with anything like the skill that Nintendo has.

Plus, by the time everyone else is catching up with the Wii-mote we'll have the balance board.

Even SONY have failed to make a decent alternative, Sixaxis is really not that good at all and the firstgame to fully utilise it is an out and out flop.

A comparison of this and the Wii remote is innevitable. People will go for the more sensible option.

Thinking about it, this could boost Wii sales even more, if the PS2 crowd gains an interest in motion sensing controllers.