NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KKOB

PC Stereo Speakers

I'm looking at getting some decent 2.1 speakers for my computer, and for general audio love making. I've been looking at these for the past couple of months but i'm not sure if there is better out there for the same price . . .

£129

I155182972.jpg

They're pretty sexy, great sound quality as far as i can tell from just listening to them in the Apple store.

Price range is under £200, which should be plenty.

These have also recently got my interest, and they're £30 cheaper than the soundstick ones.

AEgo-M-white-1000x1023.jpg

What do you think? And what do you use for your PC/Mac/Linux based behemoth?

I have some Bose ones but there £199...

I compared the Bose ones that cost £199 with the harman kardon soundsticks in the store and for bass and fuller sound the JBL ones just sounded better and louder without distorting. Can't say it was far as it was a busy store, everytime i went to look at them.

These will be a Christmas present for myself, from my mom, so i want them to be good enough to last for 2-3 years, hence the £200> budget.

Harman/Kardon specs

SYSTEM:

Frequency range:

• 44Hz-20kHz

• Power Consumption:

• 4 W idle, 65 W maximum

Interface:

• Analog (3.5mm)

SUBWOOFER:

Transducers:

• (1) 6 - inch woofer

• Amplifier Output Power:

• 20 Wrms

Dimensions:

• 9.15" (232 mm) diam. x 10.16" (258 mm)

Weight:

• 4.93 pounds = 2.24 kg

SATELLITE:

Transducers:

• (4) 1 - inch full range per channel

• Amplifier output power:

• 10 Wrms per channel

I've got those, great for the money!

The Aego set is supposed to be awesome! Prob gonne be my upgrade, i need em in black though :(

Also, these logitechs are supposed to be great, bit bulkier thant the Aego though: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-2300-Multimedia-Speaker-System/dp/B0006FFO9G/ref=pd_sbs_ce_2/202-3363513-2579801?ie=UTF8&qid=1182322545&sr=1-2

I have the harman cardon ones at home. They're fantastic, had Creative 2.1 before that but Harman Cardon easily outshine them, the sound is very clear and bass settings are also good.

I can wholeheartedly recommend those.

I was looking at the Harmon Kardon set up until I came across this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-2300-Multimedia-Speaker-System/dp/B0006FFO9G/ref=pd_sbs_ce_2/202-3363513-2579801?ie=UTF8&qid=1182322545&sr=1-2

I've had these hooked up to my iMac for about a year. Absolutely beautiful. They can pack a punch (although thanks to moving into a puny apartment I can't crank them up like I used to) and are THX certified. There's alot of reviews out there that really praise them - there's something to do with the speaker shape gives them really good clarity, plus the sub provides ample floor shaking bass.

Having heard the Harman Kardon ones, I can say that the Logitech 2300's are far better (performance and price).

Sign in to follow this