NEurope
Hellfire

Next month's ONM: Red Steel 2?

Indeed it does; and I'm not hyped (or pleased with Ubi for that matter) they'll have to convince me because my money shouldn't be taken for granted.

Red Steel is very underrated, I liked it very much. The controls were quite good. Of course they COULD have been better, but they didn't really bother me that much.

Hope the sequel adds some variety to the missions.

i liked redsteel even the graphics

only thing was the Control and no video sequences i dont like the Comic style story line

but the gameplay was good they only have to improve it and ( online play ) is a must

Cool.

If they can fix the graphics and control as well as implementing a good online option, RS2 can be good.

"Fix the graphics"? There wasn't anything wrong with them.

Anyway, a few improvements do need to be made - more interactive swordfights would be nice and co-op and multiplayer bots are always great to have. And I would prefer the traditional health system.

Well now that Metroid has shown how the controls should be done, they cant possibly manage to ruin them. Unless they are complete morans who live in sack behind the airvent.

Guys, it's ONM we're talking about here remember. Either it will be announced before the mag comes out or they won't actually have anything about it at all.

i think it looked pretty good for a launch game and it looks better then any GC game to date

183232334_a5f6bac039.jpg

Better than RE4 ? Better than Metroid Prime, Mario and Zelda?

Guys, it's ONM we're talking about here remember. Either it will be announced before the mag comes out or they won't actually have anything about it at all.

Good point.

It will probably be in the next issue of NGamer. Like last time.

Probably Red Steel 2, yup. Red Steel was a good game at it's core, hindered by bugs, awful swordfighting controls and a crappy presentation (save for the music). I now hope they'll be able to make a great game, because it has lots of potential.

Indeed it does; and I'm not hyped (or pleased with Ubi for that matter) they'll have to convince me because my money shouldn't be taken for granted.

I'm not hyped for this either, I have nothing for contempt for Ubisoft and their creations.

Yeah I saw this mentioned on their forums the other day. I hope they have some good info, RedSteel was fairly solid and no worse than average at times.

Better than RE4 ? Better than Metroid Prime, Mario and Zelda?

I won't say it looks better than those, but it certainly looked better than a lot of last gen games and used effects that douldn't be used. As much as I'm hating Ubisoft, I really enjoyed Red Steel, once you got the hang of the controls, the game was very fun and very different from your typical FPS specially because of the level design and structure. I also loved the music and the comic like cutscenes. If they take hints from MP3/MoH2 controls and don't rush things it can bea good game.

Hopefully the deceased enemies don't disappear out of thin air really quickly like in the original game and that they remain dead on the floor for a while where you can shoot additional bullets into them with more blood coming out Perfect Dark style...

Hopefully the deceased enemies don't disappear out of thin air really quickly like in the original game and that they remain dead on the floor for a while where you can shoot additional bullets into them with more blood coming out Perfect Dark style...

That sounds really sadistic :p

Red Steel 2 should be nice, assuming they nail the controls and throw in an online mode. I had fun with the first, though I only rented it and only got about half way through.

Red Steel was graphically good, the only thing that needed improvement was the frame rate issues.