N-Europe

What if they made Final Fantasy VII remake for Wii?

Falcon_BlizZACK

he's not worth it.

This is a playground fight now?

Can I be the kid with his tie tucked in his shirt between the second and third buttons watching the scuffle while eating grade-f chips from a cheap plastic container?

Also Cloud Strife smells of wee.

And if count all Dragon Quest and Star Ocean rips, list is even worse.

Also this, the three most popular franchises in Japan are Dragon Quest, Super Mario and Final Fantasy. They're all whored out, I just prefer Marios prostitution to the next installment of "Super Sephiroth Adventure: Belts and Zippers Deluxe"

Either way every CEO loves money, money gets you laid and buys you crack, sweet sweet crack.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I be the kid with his tie tucked in his shirt between the second and third buttons watching the scuffle while eating grade-f chips from a cheap plastic container?

Also this, the three most popular franchises in Japan are Dragon Quest, Super Mario and Final Fantasy. They're all whored out, I just prefer Marios prostitution to the next installment of "Super Sephiroth Adventure: Belts and Zippers Deluxe"

Either way every CEO loves money, money gets you laid and buys you crack, sweet sweet crack.

They've already got a board game for the DS which combines Mario with Dragon quest, so I would't write it off :/.

...With all the sexual undertones in your posts, is it ok to call you a sick fuck? Or an emo?j/k ;p

I count four spin offs and two remakes.

Do you know how to count?

Final Fantasy Agito XIII - spinoff

Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition - remake

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - spinoff

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales - spinoff

Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition - remake

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Fuuketsu no Grimoire - sequel

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - remake

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - spinoff

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode - spinoff

Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan - expansion

Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System - remake

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - spinoff

Final Fantasy XIII Versus - spinoff

Final Fantasy: Dissidia - spinoff

For the record I'm OK with the Tactics Games, CC and XII, but XIII and VII.. ugh

For the record I'm OK with the Tactics Games, CC and XII, but XIII and VII.. ugh

Okay, whos going to have the time, effort and courage to pull out all of Nintendo's spin-offs including the Pokemon games? Let's just settle this by saying ALL companies are "bad" in this respect. They all really want your money at the end of the day.

To be honest a camp movie starring gods of cinema such as Bob Hoskins and Dennis Hopper is far better than camply animated CGI fanservice aimed at pleasing 20-stone+ "OH SEPHIROTH YOU TASTE LIKE DARKNESS" fanfic writing fangirls and the odd barely-pubescent xSSJCLOUDx gamefaqs poster that make up the modern FFVII fanbase.

lol, totally, just check out the modern FFVII fanbase, go to Gamefaqs, they worship Cloud and FFVII it's pathetic.

I don't know why anyone here is knocking the Mario Sports titles, they're great, ok, so Mario Party has gone on a bit, but it that's the only weak link.

I also hate it when people attack Nintendo fans as 'fanboys' the most childish idiotic fans in the world are the PS3 ones over on Gamefaqs. Everytime one of their cherished AAA titles turns out to be shite (which is quite often) they all go wild, buy the game and claim it's ThE BeSt THinG EvA!!!! They've even concocted a wild theory about how Microsoft of M$ as they call them, have bribed every mag and review site to give PS3 games a bad score.

Bold - Ones I have a problem with.

Agito? Completely different game. Just because it has XIII in it doesn't mean it's a spinoff

Ring of Fates? Sequel

Chocobo Tales? What's it a spinoff of?

Tacticst A2? Sequel

War of the Lions? Port

Treasures of Aht Urgan? Expansion

International Zodiac System? Not sure, but it seems to just be an international version. Like the international version of X

Versus? Completely different game. Only relation is XIII in the title and it's set in the same universe.

Bold - Ones I have a problem with.

Agito? Completely different game. Just because it has XIII in it doesn't mean it's a spinoff

Ring of Fates? Sequel

Chocobo Tales? What's it a spinoff of?

Tacticst A2? Sequel

War of the Lions? Port

Treasures of Aht Urgan? Expansion

International Zodiac System? Not sure, but it seems to just be an international version. Like the international version of X

Versus? Completely different game. Only relation is XIII in the title and it's set in the same universe.

To be honest it's whoring the franchise, I mean how can rings of fate be a sequel? It's a sequel to what was originally a spin off, and a poor one at that. There's no excuse for them remaking so many games either in my book, it just feels like overkill and they've turned it into a franchise I can no longer be bothered to follow.

What they're doing with FFXIII pisses me off too, they can't just have one game, no, they have to span it over 10 years and try and milk it into about 6 different games or something rediculous. How about they make Final Fantasy XIII, and another, new, original IP? Stuff like FFVersusXIII and Agito have to be spin off's, you can't have two "main series final fantasies" for the same number.

What they're doing with FFXIII pisses me off too, they can't just have one game, no, they have to span it over 10 years and try and milk it into about 6 different games or something rediculous. How about they make Final Fantasy XIII, and another, new, original IP? Stuff like FFVersusXIII and Agito have to be spin off's, you can't have two "main series final fantasies" for the same number.

And having different parts of the FFXIII "series" appearing on totally different consoles makes it even worse. Why not just make the normal game available on all consoles?

The only real Final Fantasy games are:

Final Fantasy I

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy XI

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XIII

They should really stop with all the Final Fantasys.It's killing the name, and needless to say, overly milking it. They're just slapping 'Final Fantasy' to the name to make it sell more.

The only real Final Fantasy games are:

Final Fantasy I

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy XI

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XIII

They should really stop with all the Final Fantasys.It's killing the name, and needless to say, overly milking it. They're just slapping 'Final Fantasy' to the name to make it sell more.

every company has their own milking machine though. Ubisoft have tom clancy, nintendo have mario,sega have sonic,capcom have megaman,hudson have bomberman and ea have just about everything they create.

this is squares one i guess.

I suppose you could could count Mario Kart and Paper Mario as spinoffs but these games really stand on their own merits these days.

Oh I'm not saying spinoffs don't have merit, I don't care if they're spinoffs or not as long as they're good, which is the case for some of those FF ones and most of the Mario ones.

Oh I'm not saying spinoffs don't have merit, I don't care if they're spinoffs or not as long as they're good, which is the case for some of those FF ones and most of the Mario ones.

Apologies then. Most of the mario spin-offs work because of excellent gameplay not because of the charaters. I think people don't get too anoyed with Mario spin-offs because he is placed in many different types of games, where as FF games generally seem to RPGs.

Apologies then. Most of the mario spin-offs work because of excellent gameplay not because of the charaters. I think people don't get too anoyed with Mario spin-offs because he is placed in many different types of games, where as FF games generally seem to RPGs.

No apologies needed :P

Having Mario in a title works as some kind of seal of quality for Nintendo, warrants sales and is something the clients trust.

They're so varied that if you switch characters it wouldn't be a Mario game anymore, not even when it comes to gameplay (leaving the main platform series apart); Hell, Nintendo said they tested Mario in Wii Sports.

Just adding something of my own to your topic, whom I agree totally with.