NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dannbrownn

OMG Nintendo are rubbish and this will be their last console before they fold

How many years have people said that for?

And it is only now that we can be certain when we say that the wii has not been a failure and that their will be more consoles emerging from ninty.

Just think if the wii hadn't taken off it could have wiped out all the profits and progress the big N had made with the DS, it could have been the end of everything!

Anyway, the reason for this post is a simple one, it's a place to look back on the many years of greif we had as Nintendo fans.

Not just from other consoles fans but from the media, i remember e3 2006 coverage on the bbc there comment on the wii: 'It will never shift as many units as a sony or microsoft console, but it's clearly got a following, anyway on to the bigger players...'

Wonderful stuff there.

Anyway have you got any quotes or comments, i am sure there are some from newspapers like the sun and stuff that might be worth a giggle.

'...What Nintendo fans went through between the 1990's and early 2000's was a persecution on a previously unheard of scale within the games industry...' -- Daniel M Brown, speaking in late August 2007 to the n-europe community.

Sorry, i couldn't resist that quote! lol

Well...You gotta wonder...What would the next console's "gimmick" (don't take the word gimmick as a negative) be? Would it simply be Wii + all that HD, super graphics hoo-hah? Their future after Wii is real foggy at present, but for sure this won't be their last console.

i imagine the wii having quite a lifespan as technological enhancements are of secondary importance. wii 2 won't be around for quite some time. i'm more fond of a wii 1.5, with hd-support and fucking wiimotes with built-in rechargeable accu.

i remember reading rumors about some ati or nintendo employee talking about the wii's graphical capabilities, and that they are way beyond their current use. but that rumor was never acknowledged or denied.

hahaha, I was coming in here to rage, great topic to get hits! All I can say is that I've been a loyal Nintendo fan since before the NES, I still have my Zelda Game & Watch!

I remember the feeling of standing in Toys 'R Us playing Super Mario Bros for the first time, I remember the original consle wars when it was just Nintendo and Sega, I remember the magnificent dominance of the SNES and it's wonderful list of classic after classic, I remember the rubbish 3rd party support of the N64 era but the feeling of knowing that my console had the best games even though there wasn't a massive back catalogue, I remember all the laughs and put downs of the Gamecube era but still knew that my system exclusive software was the best.

But most of all I remember that what ever era it was, Nintendo always had the magic in their games that was lacking in nearly every other companies products. I remember exploring other worlds with Samus, flying through the Mushroom Kingdom with Mario and battling through huge mind bending dungeons with Link.

Looking back now, and knowing the Nintendo are back on top is great, the highs, the lows, the ups, the downs and most of all the best software in the world - thank you Nintendo! Here's to your continued dominance, you're back on top - where you belong - let's hope this continues for many many years!

Well...You gotta wonder...What would the next console's "gimmick" (don't take the word gimmick as a negative) be? Would it simply be Wii + all that HD, super graphics hoo-hah? Their future after Wii is real foggy at present, but for sure this won't be their last console.

If you look at Nintendos home console history its - inovate, play safe, innovate, play safe, etc.

NES - gave us the D-Pad

SNES - gave us amazing detail sprites on the game

N64 - gave us analogue stick

GC - gave us more processing power and just nicer looking games

Wii - gave us a new controller with MS+P

The next console has already been confirmed to have 3.2Ghtz multi threaded processing chip. As stated by ATi or some chip manufacturer rightwhen wii launched. So HD graphics plus Wiimote. Wii HD.

If you look at Nintendos home console history its - inovate, play safe, innovate, play safe, etc.

NES - gave us the D-Pad

SNES - gave us amazing detail sprites on the game

N64 - gave us analogue stick

GC - gave us more processing power and just nicer looking games

Wii - gave us a new controller with MS+P

The next console has already been confirmed to have 3.2Ghtz multi threaded processing chip. As stated by ATi or some chip manufacturer rightwhen wii launched. So HD graphics plus Wiimote. Wii HD.

Hmm...Well spotted.

I remember the original consle wars when it was just Nintendo and Sega

Great post Zechs! I remember all those things you said (except that my first experience of Super Mario Bros was an arcade machine at Butlins!).

I also remember the 'uproar' caused by changing the name from Revolution to Wii. I'm as certain now as I was then that the name 'Wii' has definitely helped the console sell, yet I can remember the sheer hatred of some forum posts. Does anyone here still hate the name?

Great post Zechs! I remember all those things you said (except that my first experience of Super Mario Bros was an arcade machine at Butlins!).

I also remember the 'uproar' caused by changing the name from Revolution to Wii. I'm as certain now as I was then that the name 'Wii' has definitely helped the console sell, yet I can remember the sheer hatred of some forum posts. Does anyone here still hate the name?

God it is incredible that the name change was only just over a year ago, it was crazy, remember how many web comics and sites had an endless list of puns!?

Also remember the tokyo game show 2005 when Nintendo unveiled the controller, i remember being on the official nintendo forums and the amount of people posting about how much the hated was amazing, most of them hadn't even bothered to read the text and didn't even realise it was motion sensitive!

I remember watching iwata's keynote speech and unveiling of the controller at the TGS on my god awful 56k internet! the video was practically no bigger than a stamp and it took hours to load!!! God those were crazy times to be alive!

Sign in to follow this