NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

First screenshots of the New King Story.

aSyAR.jpg

Also 1UP says it is a remake "What's new with the Vita King's Story? The graphics, for one. The original Wii title was cutesy and cartoon-like all throughout, but this re-imagining gives Corobo and his kingdom a more realistic, anime adventure-like feel. The story's been greatly revised, too, and the game will be fully compatible with the Vita's touch controls."

Edited by Dante

lol, the visual style's absolute crap!

Hello new 'realistic' textures and muddy 'realistic' colour scheme! :p

Good job ripping the heart and soul out the game!

If I was a prospective Vita owner, I'd feel pretty fucking patronised by the visual overhaul.

Yep.

Remember Sony said that grown ups wouldn't be caught dead playing a Gameboy/DS, with the Vita they're aiming at the "mature" gamer so cute graphics are a no no.

Even though I don't own Little King's Story (or even think I'd like it that much :indeed:) I could at least see the Wii game had plenty of charm :smile:

This, however, looks soulless :nono:

When I first heard about the sequel I just knew that I had to buy a Vita when it comes out, but now I'm not so sure...

*Ctrl+F Town Factory*

*Ctrl+F Cing*

seinfeld.gif

This says it all really, and if the OST doesn't include remixes of classical music which weren't in the original Little King's Story then I will most certainly not be buying it!

However, I'm still keeping an eye out for this, but my hopes are that, despite the sort of "serious JRPG-ish" overhaul, it will sell bad on the PSVita and Marvelous will be forced to port it to other platforms in order to get more sales.

Heck, I don't even think this overhaul will get it to sell more units on the PSVita. Not if there are games such as Uncharted and the like at launch anyway.

I still feel raped though:(

When I first heard about the sequel I just knew that I had to buy a Vita when it comes out, but now I'm not so sure...
New Kings Story is just a remake though... with a crappy art style, and albeit and improved (deeper) story, to fit with the new more RPG focus.

So it's far from a necessary purchase! Let alone worthy of buying a Vita!... unless you're desperate to play through a different version of the game?

Why?

I don't care that it's a handheld, just because such systems allow for quick gaming, it doesn't mean it should be exclusively used for that.

I don't care that it's a Vita exclusive. If I have to miss the game due to it being in a console I don't own, tough luck (though suddenly switching consoles/brand always bothers me).

But ripping out the heart and soul of the game? Seriously? Take away what makes the game so lovely and strip it into a generic RPG? For what?

Fuck Konami. Seriously.

Just...fuck.

*bump*

Let us attempt to wash off the stench left by the Vita game, shall we?

I've gotten back to this recently, and I have a question: do I need to pay Liam's salary? He's asking for ridiculous amounts of money.

Let me answer that question with another question: Would you be able to rule an empire as powerful as today's corporations WITHOUT paying your most loyal subjects?

PAY THE MAN! HE'S NOT NEARLY FAT ENOUGH!

Okay...

I've defeated King Omelet. A very curious boss battle, and certainly the sort of segment one should show people to convince them of LKS's worth beyond gameplay.

What bothers me is...what's up with those boiled eggs everywhere? None of my units can do anything about them, not even the Cooks! Just what IS the deal with those eggs?

Also, woot! Blue Dragon defeated! I am invincible! :yay: On to that UFO ship part!

Okay...

I've defeated King Omelet. A very curious boss battle, and certainly the sort of segment one should show people to convince them of LKS's worth beyond gameplay.

What bothers me is...what's up with those boiled eggs everywhere? None of my units can do anything about them, not even the Cooks! Just what IS the deal with those eggs?

Also, woot! Blue Dragon defeated! I am invincible! :yay: On to that UFO ship part!

You can recruit inhabitants of certain other kingdoms, though I'm not exactly sure where, and how anymore:laughing:

That's my hint, now think!

Be careful with that UFO though, it's quite a 'sucker' :laughing:

*Basketball*

So, I'm pretty sure I'm near the end of the game, but I don't quite want to go yet.

I have no Craftians yet! I want to clear those pesky blocks out of New Island and Over-There Beach, but those Craftians decided they wanted to be crafty! What do I have to do to have them join me?

*Basketball*

So, I'm pretty sure I'm near the end of the game, but I don't quite want to go yet.

I have no Craftians yet! I want to clear those pesky blocks out of New Island and Over-There Beach, but those Craftians decided they wanted to be crafty! What do I have to do to have them join me?

I take it you've defeated Jumbo Champloon. Aren't the procedures the same when it comes to getting an inhabitant of another "former" Kingdom?

How do you recruit them anyhow?

I'm actually quite a bad gamer, because Little King's Story is one of my favourite games, yet I've only played it once....:confused::shakehead

I got a bad case of backlogitis.

Trust me, the end is pretty damn hardcore and difficult and mindfuck:D

Tell me all about your views on this game once your finished and give a shout-out to Darksnowman too:)

Who are Craftians?

If they're one of those specialized kind of citizens of the other kingdoms, there will be one of them somewhere around your town square, after you defeated their king. You can recruit them there like any of your other citizens.

That's the thing, I already conquered New Island, got the ship part, a couple of days have passed...And nothing yet. The other natives had already joined by this time, which is why I was wondering if there was anything else!

I suppose I can search for Kingstones and tunes for a little while longer...

By the way, I'm pretty sure that I have enough arguments to recommend LKS to other people at this point. The tricky part is doing it without gushing too much :heh:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

@darksnowman: I see that you have been putting off playing this brilliant game for a while, now. Well, I'm not one to badger others into playing a game, but...

You have already bought Little King's Story. You own it. It's there because you were interested at one point. To have it and not playing it, that's a waste. I've been in the same situation, as I bought LKS as a bargain when I went to London, and then had several other games to plow through before reaching it.

I regret not starting it sooner, honestly. It's brilliant on several levels. Sure, it starts slow, but LKS accomplishes what few games can: it keeps getting better and better. When you think you found the high point of the game, when you find an awesome boss fight that can't be topped...odds are, it will.

I wish I could tell you more, but I hate to spoil pleasant surprises. This includes posting certain music tracks. Do yourself a favour and play it. Make it your priority, 'Snowman. And do it now, before you start playing some other Wii game.

Edited by Jonnas

You shouldn't have to wait for them, they should be there right away/the next day!

Have you been up to your podium and looked at your residents list/called everyone to you?

It's alright, the fellow ended up appearing a couple of days later :heh:

Now I've been satisfying the completionist in me.

I'm missing 13 kisses, 6 drawings, 3 Kingstones and *sigh* only 20 tunes...

And I haven't explored anything beyond the bridge north of Magical Land yet (though I'm guessing I'll only find drawings there). After exploring this missing segment, I'm entering that spaceship.

This game has been one hell of a ride.

Yeah I also found that I wanted to find everything before entering the last part of the game! I just felt like I had to complement such an awesome game by completing it 100%after such an epic journey! :D

@Jonnas has your account been hacked by (a more reasoning) @Fused King?! :heh:

I will get to LKS, I will. It looks like its full of personality, quirk and fun, which is my kind of thing. :hehe: Its just the length of it thats been keeping it in my backlog - its proper RPG long, isn't it? I keep thinking I'll just get one more shorter game mopped up first then LKS will get its turn. I'm getting Skyward Sword for Christmas (next week! :santa:) which I will have to play. Can you allow me the time to play SS first, then harass me after that about LKS? :)

So, finally went through with finishing the game...

Phew, where to start?

-Divorces! With Bach doing the score! I was more than glad to choose Verde. Nice ending to that polyg- marrying a bunch of princesses business.

-Flying machine level with cameos from the Kings... Trippy, and it was nice to hear "The Infinity of Space" again :) Plus, the journey really is as ominous as it should be.

-Now, my prediction was that Corobo's parents were making the world tremble while putting his toys away or something, and that I would need to face "God" himself, the real Corobo. So, who the final boss ends up being was actually a bit of a letdown.

-But Jesus, it was hard! With THAT music playing in the background, too! Took me a few tries, some patience, and going back to restructure my army, but I managed to defeat the Rat King while losing only one man (very near the end, too, bastard dragged him away).

What's bothering me now is...Verde got eaten. So, she is...? :(

-And then, the only way this could have ended. Lovely credits, too. It's just too bad we didn't see more of the real Corobo (the "Grandfather" thing was surprisingly touching). Maybe it's best like this, allows us to draw our own theories.

And as for the game overall... My post to Darksnowman summed it up, actually. Brilliant and oozing with depth and charm. If there's any flaw, it's the bad camera in your kingdom and the fact that Pikmin does "controlling your army" better.

I may add that King T.V. Dinnah's Orwellian Intro is the best, Worrywart is the best Kingdom overall, King Jumbo Champloon is the best battle overall (including intro and both of his amazing themes, of course), Shishkebaboo is still the funniest being of this world (and the second best battle), Long Sauvage gets the "Imposing King Award", and Duvroc and Onii King get honourable mentions for catchy tunes.

Also, honourable mention to Howser for being the most Portuguese-sounding character, to Liam for finally proving his worth near the end, and to Skinny Ray for having the best verbal tic, repeating things by reiterating them. And all the adorable princesses and Verde, of course :heh:

Jonnas has your account been hacked by (a more reasoning) Fused King?! :heh:

I will get to LKS, I will. It looks like its full of personality, quirk and fun, which is my kind of thing. :hehe: Its just the length of it thats been keeping it in my backlog - its proper RPG long, isn't it? I keep thinking I'll just get one more shorter game mopped up first then LKS will get its turn. I'm getting Skyward Sword for Christmas (next week! :santa:) which I will have to play. Can you allow me the time to play SS first, then harass me after that about LKS? :)

Why, I have been putting off playing Zelda to play Little King's Story myself!

But, since Zelda is Zelda, King Jonnas will allow this. However, I shall keep my Primetime eye on you, and ensure you go through with your playthrough afterwards!