N-Europe

Name Your Claims To Fame

Ant-Shimmin

Go on...

Mine are

My Father is "Operation Anfield Excercise Man" and you can hear him every game at Anfield on TV. And Emile Heskey is a good friend of his...

My Mother was once dating Former Luton Manager Mike Newell

My Grandad once asked Samuel Jackson who is he was when they where filming "51st State" chemist scene is literally a 2 minute walk from my house.

What mildy interesting things can you claim to make you famous...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My uncle is a famous doctor, but not so famous that anyone here will have heard of him.

Same, my Grandad is a famous doctor too, he also delt with relations between russia and the UK before writing a pretty well known book about the brain etc which is stil used today in uni's.

Erm, I was also on that theme park program on itv last year, I was the first guy on a new rollercoaster. lol

Same, my Grandad is a famous doctor too, he also delt with relations between russia and the UK before writing a pretty well known book about the brain etc which is stil used today in uni's.

Cool.

I editted that out just after you quoted since I thought it wasn't worth mentioning! lol.

I have been on S4C, on the Welsh version of Newsround, discussing the subject "why do young people smoke".

I have met Derren Brown.

I walked past Bryn Terfel at the cinema, without realizing it was him.

My face was on the front page of the Daily Post newspaper, many years ago. All I had done was won a competition for designing a Christmas card. Not much news about that day I suppose.

I met Darius Danesh and we like talked for a minute then left.

Walked past Siobhan Donaghy in the street. (Ginger one from Sugababes who left)

Walked past Amanda Bynes in Downtown Disney in Orlando DisneyWorld.

My aunt's friend is a musician, and her cousin went to school with Shirley Manson, lead singer of the world-famous Garbage. My aunt's friend used to go out and hang with her when she was performing early gigs with Anglefish.

My dad was the lighting/sound guy for the Damned on one of their 1980's tours, and like was friends with them.

I've been on international TV in a show about Young Enterprise, Filming happened while I was at the Welsh Final of the competition.

I am distantly related to Ian Botham.

I saw a load of "famous" politicians when I was invited to the Houses of Parliament (on of the top ones, though)

I'm the James Pike on this page (forthcoming papers in a well respected journal):

http://www.appliedprobability.org/japnew.html

I was in the same year in secondary school as Paul Smith of Maximo Park. (That's less a claim to fame and more someone famous that I knew once.)

And I'm the author of FAVC. Anyone heard of it? (Apart from me talking about it whenever I can. :p )

I have been on CH4 Rocking out to Wolfmother :awesome: infact its on youtube or it was last time I looked. A whole 5 seconds on TV

I have Darth Vaders autograph and have met him, no not James Earl Jones the bloke in the suit :(

Former England cricket captain Mike Gatting walked into me at Lords he shook my hand and appolgised.

I've met one of Titus Brambles brothers cant remember his name though.

Iv'e seen many current and former Norwich City Footballers all drunk off there faces over the 3 years I was at uni. Said hello and had a bit of drunken banter with: Robert Green, Darren Huckerby, Robert Earnshaw, Dickson Etuhu, Gary Doherty and Phil Mulryne. Mulryne and Earnshaw where top blokes. Earnshaw even bought me and some mates a drink before escaped to the VIP bit of the club we where in.

Cant think of any more tenious claims to fame.

i have worked with john and chris (eggsy and mystikal) from goldie looking chain before they got big

ive met and chatted with lost prophets after a gig when they were pretty unknown

on a nightout in cardiff with mates bout 2 years ago we went to a quiet bar for a drink....and who was there none other then mcfly and we chatted to them for a bit nice guys really

chatted to machine head after having to wait for 2 hours after a gig by the back doors

met shawn micheals (wwe) at a autograph signing in big w in newport

met ric flair (wwe) at a book signing in cardiff.

I've met one of Titus Brambles brothers cant remember his name though.

Wilfred?

Thought of a couple more.

Stood nearby Jarvis Cocker at a Nick Cave gig in Brixton.

Sister was good friends with Danny Goffey of Supergrass fame before they got famous and he became a bit of an arse. She used to hang out round their houses.

I once saw the Celtic team bus at a petrol station near Ayr. Lennon was standing outside it.

One time at work someone was looking at The Sun on page 3 and admiring the girl. Then she walked into the room! Seriously, not joking. Her boyfriend is a member at Esporta and she came in with him.

I once got to sit in the box at the Edinburgh Tattoo.

I was on the front page of The Glasgow Herald years ago because I went with my dad to some charity thing for Childline he organsed.

When I was a baby Esther Rantzen held me.

Robbie Coltrane lives 5 minutes away from me and I see him regularly.

I'm related to loads of Scottish Kings and Queens

Seen and got autographs from several people out of Emmerdale

Mark Owen from Take That stole my pen

Met and got autographs of the entire Leeds football team and former manager Kevin Blackwell when Kevin took over a few years ago

My mum and dad saw Donald Sutherland in Paris

I've been on TV four times - once on the BBC, three times on ITV

Won a Disney Channel competition about 8 years ago and got my name and drawing that I submitted shown and read out on TV

Aaaaaaand.... one of the 7/7 terrorists went to my school...