NEurope
mcj metroid

Gamecube games you thought would be good

For me the biggest game i was looking forward to that was a disappointment was starfox assault.

i thought the idea of an on ground battle with an arwing would be fantastic but It seems i was wrong.

Was there any games you were looking forward to that eventually turned out bad?

Freedom Fighters. Found it very unplayable and the controls were not to my taste.

P.N.03. Utter crap. I gave up, and sold it off, after 30mins play.

For the Cube? Metroid Prime springs to mind. Starfox Assault was a bit of a disappointment too. And as much as I love it, 1080 could have been a b it more... cos since getting into SSX, its annoying that 1080 is so lacking in comparison. :hmm:

For the N64 though, did anyone get Forsaken? I thought that game looked great and sounded like it would be class... how wrong I ended up being.

Freedom Fighters. Found it very unplayable and the controls were not to my taste.

P.N.03. Utter crap. I gave up, and sold it off, after 30mins play.

I bought P.N.03. for about ten pounds. :)

The controls were really weird and the level designs were extremely bland. It was either grey inside or brown outside.

I forgot i had it until playing Resi 4 the other day, when i was playing the bit were you go through the lazers which reminded me of the P.N.03.

No idea what i have done with it though. Oh well. :D

For the Cube? Metroid Prime springs to mind. Starfox Assault was a bit of a disappointment too. And as much as I love it, 1080 could have been a b it more... cos since getting into SSX, its annoying that 1080 is so lacking in comparison. :hmm:

For the N64 though, did anyone get Forsaken? I thought that game looked great and sounded like it would be class... how wrong I ended up being.

What??????

For me the biggest game i was looking forward to that was a disappointment was starfox assault.

i thought the idea of an on ground battle with an arwing would be fantastic but It seems i was wrong.

Was there any games you were looking forward to that eventually turned out bad?

Starfox Assault all the way! After the first amazing level I couldn't wait to play more... then came on the on foot sections, oh the horror. Why Namco? WHY????

They had a winning formula and they blew it. But at least I can play the sapce missions and dream of what could've been!

Metroid Prime (marmite)

kirby air ride (every nintendo is normally good or at least not shit)

mario sunshine (versus hype)

turok!!! (versus marketing)

killer 7 (emporers new clothes)

What??????

Yeah 'fraid so... I was hyped, I had it pre-ordered in Game... I bought it on day one and well, it looked like it was living up to the hype. The fast paced intro on the space station... then getting onto Tallon IV. But it dwindled and dwindled. The Chozo Ruin area was decent enough... but what really kept me going was the prospect of Phendrana. And it was good, but not great - which was a huge disappointment, and the game never recovered.

:(

EDIT: Just had a look through my GC collection and here are a few that weren't as amazing as I'd hoped:

SSX On Tour

Splinter Cell: Pandorra Tomorrow

Soul Calibur II

Donkey Konga

Wario Ware

Starfox Adventures for me too.

Looked pretty fantastic when I played it at a friend's house, then 4 years later when I bought my Cube, well, it still looked fantastic, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.. It was ok, but not great. It was one of my must-buys when I finally got my Cube though, and this was one of the first games I got.

Assault was also a bit of a disappointment, but not nearly as much as Adventures was. Assault at least has some fantastic moments, allthough far too few.

Then there's Batallion Wars. But I haven't played that game much yet, so I can't fully comment on it, but it seems more 3rd person shooter than I hoped it was. And I don't like 3rd person shooters. I hoped there was more (Real-time) strategy involved, but not as much as I'd like.. I don't think I'll really enjoy the rest of the game (played the first campaign I think).

I hope the Wii version will be better, with the overhead view finally used for some classic RTS action I believe, no?

On a N64 sidenote, I actually enjoyed the Forsaken mentioned above, although it had a serious flaw (auto-level and roll for such a game??), and I hate Jet Force Gemini, again because I don't like 3rd person shooters. I know I'm in the minority on that one ;).

I'd like to say Donkey Konga, although intially fun with the Bongo's it loses it's appeal quickly.

I got it for my birthday played it for a bit after that haven't played it much since. Plus it isn't fun in multiplayer when someone else doesn't have a pair of bongos and has to use the GC controller. :D

start fox adventures is my biggest let down. resi 1 was a let down after 4,

pokemon collceum was a let down and i expected it to be awfull.

f zero gx let me down alot.

just changing it around and saying games that were better then i expected, XIII and vewtifull joe.

start fox adventures is my biggest let down. resi 1 was a let down after 4,

pokemon collceum was a let down and i expected it to be awfull.

f zero gx let me down alot.

just changing it around and saying games that were better then i expected, XIII and vewtifull joe.

wowow Now hold on there. That game had everything you could ask for.. and even gave you more. It never lacked anything what was wrong with it?

wowow Now hold on there. That game had everything you could ask for.. and even gave you more. It never lacked anything what was wrong with it?

it was just, so, meh. it was hard, i didnt mind the difficulty much, there was a tantrum or two, i just recall being very bored all the time, and not having my interest held.

im not a huge racing fan, f zero x was awsome though, i guess i just expected somthing a bit diffrent.

it was just, so, meh. it was hard, i didnt mind the difficulty much, there was a tantrum or two, i just recall being very bored all the time, and not having my interest held.

im not a huge racing fan, f zero x was awsome though, i guess i just expected somthing a bit diffrent.

Man i knew it would be difficulty..Grrr

Man i knew it would be difficulty..Grrr

no, the dificulty just sort of aded to it, id not have minded if thered been a feeling of reward.

Wario World. I thought it would be good. Not excellent, but good. And it turned out to be average.

Starfox Adventures was the biggest letdown for me. I was really looking forward to this game when i got my Cube as Rare were making it. It was looking really good and all the mags and gaming sites were hyped about it, then it came out and it was ok but not as good as we thought it would be.

There is a particular person here that actually said Metroid Prime and Soul Calibur II in the same post.... THE SAME PERSON!!! MY GOD THE HUMANITY!