NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

Wii tennis game?

Why has nobody annouced a proper tennis game for the wii. it's beginning to scare me. At least rockstar have annouced table tennis but where is vitua tennis etc when you need them.

Wii tennis was a great starting point.. Its only flaws were it was extrememly unfair on the person who is serving and you can't move.

tennis= success. The idea is so obvious i'm beginning to wonder why it isn't been done. Is there a weakness in the wii-mote that won't allow this?

Fair shout Metroid.... I wholly agree. Blind as bats.

Isn't it just your typical games dev's being stupid because they think:

It won't be as good as Wii Sports (we can't be arsed to try)

It's not got Mario in it (we can't compete)

The graphics aren't too good compared to Virtua Tennis on PS3 (boo hoo)

We are all drunk on Gin (hic!)

God the industry scares me sometimes.

It's TOO obvious. Wii Sports was a template for games to come..

We've had Tiger Woods, Nippon Boxio fighter japaneesey (that cell shaded boxing game) and Brunswick Bowling. Tennis....Anyone for Tennis? No? Oh well....Back to the Gin.

Idiots!

I agree 100%

The Wii is an obvious console for tennis, one of the greatest sports. It would be perfect. Developers are just plain thick nowadays. More mini game collections anyone?:heh:

I'd also really like Mario Golf/Wii Golf to show up on Wii soon!!

Wii Sports Golf was just so awesome I just wanted endless more courses! and Nintendo seem to be the only people who can make a golf game successfully on Wii atm!

I'd like to see a more in-depth tennis game on Wii where you could control character movement with the analog stick, but I think it'd be a bit problematic because of the wire between the Nunchuck and the Wii remote. Same goes for boxing too, I found the wire to be pretty annoying in Wii Sports Boxing and was constantly thinking how much better it could've been with a completely wireless setup.

but I think it'd be a bit problematic because of the wire between the Nunchuck and the Wii remote.

I think it's long enough for a tennis game.

don't tell like That nintendo have to show devolpers how to do EVERYTHING properly. They needed metroid to show people how to make an fps(although they were improving).. Why do i get the feeling tehy will need mario tennis to show devs how to do tennis?

I'm not sure whether full character control is needed really, I mean, where would you want to control your character to? Isn't it always where the ball is heading towards (if it's coming towards you) or to the center of the court (if it's moving away from you).

The only real decision involving movement (in my, admittedly naive to the depths of tennis playing, opinion) is how close you are to the net... do you want to play a short or long game. My idea would be to have the A button move your character away from the net and the B button move the character towards the net, with left and right being automatic. This removes the need for the nunchuck and adds a little more strategy to the game too without being too unfriendly for the casuals.

Nintendo must get a bit annoyed sometimes. When they made Wii Sports they left devs a perfect instruction manual showing them a glimpse of what a great Wii game could be. Unfortunetly most seem to have taken it as the best example of a final product.

I'm not sure whether full character control is needed really, I mean, where would you want to control your character to? Isn't it always where the ball is heading towards (if it's coming towards you) or to the center of the court (if it's moving away from you).

The only real decision involving movement (in my, admittedly naive to the depths of tennis playing, opinion) is how close you are to the net... do you want to play a short or long game. My idea would be to have the A button move your character away from the net and the B button move the character towards the net, with left and right being automatic. This removes the need for the nunchuck and adds a little more strategy to the game too without being too unfriendly for the casuals.

Wii tennis is hugely unskillful. i understand this is probably why the casual likes it because everyone has a chance But you would not be making that point if the game wasn't on wii and it was a simple button press.. Imagine that. All you could is press a button..

Well for me it makes no difference on wii. The waving the wii-mote get's dull too.

Fast,frantic tennis action, We have 3 golf games(with pangya 2 and tiger woods 2008 coming that would be 5).. i Think 2 boxing games annouced. 2bowling games annouced.....there is confirmation of a tabletennis game, an olympics game...deca sports.

Everyone has to admit something is up when every other sport has been attempted.

Nintendo must get a bit annoyed sometimes. When they made Wii Sports they left devs a perfect instruction manual showing them a glimpse of what a great Wii game could be. Unfortunetly most seem to have taken it as the best example of a final product.

And why shouldnt they? Nintendo sells Wii Sports in Japan at full price as a final product and gets a million-seller on their hands and heaps of praise for it. Then they repeat that success with Wii Play. Of course 3rd parties are going to want a slice of that

And why shouldnt they? Nintendo sells Wii Sports in Japan at full price as a final product and gets a million-seller on their hands and heaps of praise for it. Then they repeat that success with Wii Play. Of course 3rd parties are going to want a slice of that
Think you missed the point! or i did!

Nintendo puts a basic sports game together for the Wii's launch that shows other developers the potential for sports games on Wii.

However, all this time on Wii-Sports still remains the best example of a sports game on the console!

Nintendo must be getting annoyed, because they create all this potential for fun sports games with their hardware, but no-one else seems capable of using it properly!

I don't think Nintendo are ever going to release a Mario Tennis now. Hell they might never release another tennis game in the Wii's lifetime, they said if they ever done a Wii sports 2 it'd be something like "Wii winter sports" so from the sounds of it they think all the stuff in Wii sports is perfect as it is.

You do realise that the Wii has at least 4 more years to go?

Yes I do.. but it's a game that lends itself too much to the wii.

I forgot how much I want a proper tennis simulation on the Wii!

Has EA ever bothered with Tennis? I can never remember them doing and have always wondered why! I don't see any license issues considering there've been numerous different tennis games with real players from different developers. And considering how they seem to be supporting the console (and have made better jabs at implementing the controls than others e.g with Madden from what I've heard) at the moment would they be a good choice?

Sign in to follow this