NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

I meant as in the way everyone says Arsenal play the beautiful game.

That is such a myth!!! Lets see how much the gooner scum bags win this year :)

PS Has anyone else ordered from Gameplay? It changed from preordered to ordered yesterday morning but still no movement. Do they update them quickly? As in, they may have dispatched but just haven't updated the site? Pretty annoying so far! Thought I may have got it today!

I got an email at 10.01 am to say that my order has been posted (a day later than No More Heroes :hmm:)

While this has happened before with Play.com and I have received the game the day after posting, my brother has 2 orders in that were posted on Tuesday and Wednesday (both of which were already out a long time ago) and neither of those have arrived yet..

I don't get the impression I will be playing this tomorrow :( ..the problem is that I'm not even confident Saturday will be succesful either..

Worth going out to town to see if it is out, for am impulse buy?

Teaser that I am, I just wanted to say I've seen it on shelves frequently during my midday-stroll. I've even... touched it! :heh:

Didn't buy it, though. I don't like (read: hate) football, real or not.

Teaser that I am, I just wanted to say I've seen it on shelves frequently during my midday-stroll. I've even... touched it! :heh:

PES game always end up breaking the embargo....

My copy hasn't turned up yet, but then neither has the rest of the post.

Gahh! I most go! buy! Brb! hopefully the god of buses is nice to me and gets me down to oxford center quick!

Is it still only Premiership teams available from England? If so, what is the edit mode like, 'cause I need to play as Coventry!!! :D

Furthermore, how many English teams are now officially licenced? I don't think I can stand seeing Middlebrook vs West London White anymore...

I'm so jealous :( Where did you order from?

Don't disturb him, let him play so he can give us his first impressions. I'm waiting to go to town to see if i can pick it up.

I got this today as well from Game (well it's my bros anyway), but i'm not really a football fan so i won't bother stating my view on it.

I'll be playing it for the Wii controls overall, see what there like! Might make me love this game, you never know!

Well I've been playing it since I last post and here are my opinions...

There is little doubt in my mind that most people will hate the controls at first. I indeed had my doubts, but they are really starting to grow on me. The pointing for attacking play works well and there can be no complaints there so far, already I am able to pull off some great looking moves...

No for defending, I'd say best way to describe it is hit and miss, when it works you feel as good as you would in past Pro Evo games, other times it doesn't. To be fair you do feel more in control than has been made out, you rapidly tap the A button the player with the ball to call more men in...you can also move players around to cover other positions and click on attackers to man mark them.

Shooting is causing me some annoyance the in game tutorial just tells you to swing it and there seems so definitive way to hit it unless there is a knack I havn't picked up on yet...

Game Structure seems good, as soon as you create a profile a man who looks oddly like Sven invites you to learn the basics and through the Road to Champions (or whatever its called) Mode he pops up again to offer more insight into the game mechanics, setting you things to try and achieve that will improve your game and give you experience points which will up your players. Also the player card mechanic is fun whereby after you play each team you can steal a player, I just managed to steal an awesome keeper from the last team I played. With this in mind I picked to create an original team as I couldn't face replacing my fav Pompey players with no namers who were better than them. I'll save them for when I tackle the League and Cup modes...

My friend code is; 2277 6585 2549 add me for some games. I'm gonna go try out the online now...

My tip is if you love Pro Evo go out and get it, its still the same game at heart and on intial impressions it is still worth a punt.

One final thing, mute your TV when in Edit Mode (oddly Newcastle and Spurs are in there properly, probably negotiated deals with them) the music is soooooooo annoying. Edit Mode whilst on that is not great, you can edit team names and player names but not player appearance or make transfers, no Jermain Defoe for Pompey then...

EDIT;

Well been playing some more Champions Road and enjoying it still...Couldn't get a game online, connected but couldn't find any opponents..so either its not up and running or there are very few people who managed to get it early...hopefully things will pick up tomorrow.

well i am now really pissed off. flameboy I have tried too add you but like Pro Evo on the DS they have region locked friend codes. keeps coming up with error when I try and add you.

try add me 0130 1678 5850

Nice impressions there Flameboy:)

Shame about the lack of transfers though.

I'm STILL unsure if I will get this. It's the first time I've been on the fence about an update on Wii too. I really LOVE Pro Evo. And I was stung by the recent "next-gen" versions. Which, compared to the previous offerings were just, horiffic. I've been playing PES6 since it's release on PC and with the amazing patches available for it (FIFA commentary, photoshopped faces/strips etc and over 300 stadiums) it's been a blessing. (And untouchable).

Yet the motion controls...Man that plays on my mind...As good as PES is, there is ALWAYS that wrong pass to the player you didn't want it to go to. This system must wholly get rid of that problem no?

If so...is it worth £40?!

I'm STILL unsure if I will get this. It's the first time I've been on the fence about an update on Wii too. I really LOVE Pro Evo. And I was stung by the recent "next-gen" versions. Which, compared to the previous offerings were just, horiffic. I've been playing PES6 since it's release on PC and with the amazing patches available for it (FIFA commentary, photoshopped faces/strips etc and over 300 stadiums) it's been a blessing. (And untouchable).

Yet the motion controls...Man that plays on my mind...As good as PES is, there is ALWAYS that wrong pass to the player you didn't want it to go to. This system must wholly get rid of that problem no?

Tapedeck. there is much less scripting with this version. you basically pass too anyone you want. much better experience than the other versions. like flameboy said though, you will probably hate the controls at first.

Tapedeck. there is much less scripting with this version. you basically pass too anyone you want. much better experience than the other versions. like flameboy said though, you will probably hate the controls at first.

Nice. I think if I can find it for around £29 I'll get it.

well i am now really pissed off. flameboy I have tried too add you but like Pro Evo on the DS they have region locked friend codes. keeps coming up with error when I try and add you.

try add me 0130 1678 5850

I'll try add you in abit...

Once you have nailed the controls I would say yes it wholly gets rid of that problem, as much as I have improved since this morning, I still trip myself up up by pressing the wrong button, or letting my cursor slip, but this all improve in time now doubt...

Honestly if your tired of the next gen console versions give it a try it definitly lends itself to a totally new way of thinking...

Yep agree with it...

EDIT

Had my first taste of online play...lost twice lol! first game lost 3-0, they played really good kept catching me on the break. second game totally dominated but somehow lost 3-1 they scored 2 flukey goals then 1 goal on the break....

For those worrying about lag etc... don't it runs silky smooth..

sounds great!

thanks for the info.

just hopefully you dont get too good before our copies arrive :P

sounds great!

thanks for the info.

just hopefully you dont get too good before our copies arrive :P

I won't trust me! Won't get much chance to play before 2moro afternoon, will be in bed for a lie in owing to being up since 5.30 then gotta go out buying paint!

Damn right I got my copy already!! Time to break out sheffield wednesday!!!

That's right after a shower and some well deserved coke.

I saw it this morning in ASDA. They are selling it for £27.71. Sooooo tempted. Gamestation were selling it for £39.99 :( Shame as I have a £29 credit note sitting...waiting.

I begrudge paying £39 in Gamestation when it's pretty much half-price 2mins away. AND it's only £29 at Gamestation online!

My copy arrived earlier. :smile:

Looking forward to trying it out. Hopefully I'll get to play some of you online later on today, will add my code to my profile once I have it.

: peace:

glad to see plenty of people getting it...I'm going out to get some paint but will online later to play everyone...

Mine better be bwaiting for me when I get home. I've decided to leave work early, going to play through 3 meetings ZZZZzzzzzzzzz then go home, play a few games. I've then got to drive to Derby, pick my girlfriend up, then drive another 6hours to Cornwall (after 3 hours work and derby trip), sleep in the car for a few hours and get to our sat night hotel for 8am to blow some balloons up before meeting everyone at the eden centre at 10am. I'm going to be fucked!!!!!

I have PES 2008 on 360, and while I do like it it does annoy me at some points, too much old FIFA-like. Are the "improvements" offered in this version worth the money?