NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

Most importantly...is there an option to play the classical way? This new way of playing just doesn't seem as tight as the regular way. :/

Buy a 360 then mate. Plain and simple.

And the answer is no btw.

Most importantly...is there an option to play the classical way? This new way of playing just doesn't seem as tight as the regular way. :/
Why are you so skeptical towards new controls Wii games have to offer? This is a major step forward, it would be really lame to have classical controls even if they are not perfect yet.

Why are you so skeptical towards new controls Wii games have to offer? This is a major step forward, it would be really lame to have classical controls even if they are not perfect yet.

I don't doubt that for a second...But in my view, compromising certain fundamental elements of the game (such as shooting) is no vice. A step in the right direction, perhaps, not to sure about the major step forward though if apparently you can't even control your own shots on goal accurately.

well there has never been anythin like it and in tht case it is a major step and i think the games main aspect is on the actual leading up to the shot. fair enough mayb there could b more control so it doesnt feel random but aprently its all about timing? hopefully they will make another so the series continues to improve. i think to see wheather it actually works or not will be goin bak 2 the old control system and feelig glad the wii moved on or missing it.

well there has never been anythin like it and in tht case it is a major step and i think the games main aspect is on the actual leading up to the shot. fair enough mayb there could b more control so it doesnt feel random but aprently its all about timing? hopefully they will make another so the series continues to improve. i think to see wheather it actually works or not will be goin bak 2 the old control system and feelig glad the wii moved on or missing it.

...Pardon? :heh:

it makes sense sort of lol :P

makes less sesne now i read it for the third time

basically wait till it comes out 2 c how gd it is

and is shootin random or any skill neeeded at all?

lol soz

Tomma1000, it kind of helps to at least attempt to spell when trying to make a point... It's not particularly cool to type the way you do...

Anyway, I praise this game for being different, for trying. It's too conservative to wish 'traditional' controls for me.

Why couldnt they just make it you aim ot the part of the goal you want and then shake? it would be simple.

and also what does it mean by timing? shake just as you touch the ball or when its out in front?

seems silly

Apparently there is control about how the ball is shot, but it's not your regular meter. The way it is implemented apparently makes it more realistic.

This game just keeps sounding better.. and after playing PES 2008 on the PS2 tonight, this just can't come soon enough (as I'm starting to dislike the PS2 game.. it's starting to feel clumsy, and I can't put my finger on why :hmm:)

I can't wait to be able to pass exactly where I want, tell players where I want them to go and basically just being in control of the team..

On a side note (this won't make any sense.. :heh:) I was playing Umbrella Chronicles earlier.. but at points when nothing was happening, I was trying to quickly pinpoint small lights and things in the game and hold A to 'draw a line' from it.. just to imagine myself playing Pro Evo! Obviously this was absolutely no indication, but I felt that it is just gonna work so well :yay:

This game just keeps sounding better.. and after playing PES 2008 on the PS2 tonight, this just can't come soon enough (as I'm starting to dislike the PS2 game.. it's starting to feel clumsy, and I can't put my finger on why :hmm:)

I can't wait to be able to pass exactly where I want, tell players where I want them to go and basically just being in control of the team..

On a side note (this won't make any sense.. :heh:) I was playing Umbrella Chronicles earlier.. but at points when nothing was happening, I was trying to quickly pinpoint small lights and things in the game and hold A to 'draw a line' from it.. just to imagine myself playing Pro Evo! Obviously this was absolutely no indication, but I felt that it is just gonna work so well :yay:

Something tells me you're getting your hopes a little too high...

Probably :hmm: ..but I'm just glad it's different! For the last 4 years at least, Pro Evo has basically been the same game with a few tweaks..

It really is time for something new, and that's why I'm so excited to get my hands on this game..

We're allowed to get our hopes up over this, there has only been positive previews on it- even IGN (those stupid Americans who have no idea about the real football!) are hyped about it.

/ nando's / right like, Pro Evo is the same old same old. Its better than Fifa but they could still be doing stuff each year to make the traditional Pro Evo better... they just don't. / nando / mainly just wants a change though because he's been taken down a peg or two in the PS2 Pro Evo's, forza Italia and all that. :wink:

u can aim as u shoot on any pes game, also u can point to a spot and shoot,

Did you just say point and shoot? If so, then this game could be flawless. Is there any other worries we had about the controls? If only the game had better one player career stuff and a more indepth edit mode... but if the controls are nigh on perfect then I think we can make do!

That is great news! So you can control passing high or low, decide where you shoot control virtually eevry player on the pitch and where they go - it's like they asked me to make the best football game I could think off whilst I was dreaming!!!! Even Spurs are a licensed team!! It couldn't get better!!

Though the defending sounds a bit iffy, but who cares!!!!

My only questions and one of my smaller worries is can you play a LONG ball to someone OFF the screen!!

Not sure if you can play long balls off screen, as we havent seen any videos showing it really so hopefully there will be a few reviews which will give more info. Only a couple more weeks now till this game come out so looking forwards to hopefully a good N-Europe league.

Also saw this video on youtube

It seems to show bars above the players heads which I haven't seen before. Maybe to show how tired they are?

Apologies for my previous posts of bad spelling I have tried to improve it. :P

It seems to show bars above the players heads which I haven't seen before. Maybe to show how tired they are?

I always turn fatigue off anyway so it doesnt make a difference. Hope you can on this one

ooo

didn't realise you could as have only played fifa games before. I assume you can turn it off as this is the only video I have seen with it in.

It is much appreciated, thanks :smile:

Gameplay seems really fluent. And the Japanese have as bad a voice over as we do.

That is great news! So you can control passing high or low, decide where you shoot control virtually eevry player on the pitch and where they go - it's like they asked me to make the best football game I could think off whilst I was dreaming!!!! Even Spurs are a licensed team!! It couldn't get better!!

Though the defending sounds a bit iffy, but who cares!!!!

My only questions and one of my smaller worries is can you play a LONG ball to someone OFF the screen!!

Yeh you can play a long ball to someone off screen. Saw it in a video im definitely sure because I was wondering that also. Not sure how its done though.

glad that it has been included if it is in then. nothing more fun than just booting it up the pitch! :)

Another 90%, Gamesmaster this time. I'm convinced this game is going to be incredible now!!! So long to wait, and annoyingly I'm away all that weekend in Cornwall, it's my girlfriends mums 60th birthday so we're doing.....I don't actauly know, but I'm not here to play pro Evo which is the important bit of information!!!!!

Why hasn't yesteryear come back and blogged his play time!?!? Am I the only one waiting for his return?!?! :)

Why hasn't yesteryear come back and blogged his play time!?!? Am I the only one waiting for his return?!?! :)

I would be interested in hearing more views on the game.. but, to be honest, I think I have reached the stage where I'd be happy enough just to wait the next two and a half weeks to play it for myself without hearing another word about it..

Whatever we hear about it, you never really know what to expect until you finally get your hands onto it yourself! It's getting close! :yay: