NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

it makes more sense to hav a football player who actually plays regularly and scores alot and it looks more chaerful in orange!

great video

just wondering if u r doing long shots you hav 2 waggle the nunchuck more or if it does tht automatically?

also with tackling if u wnt more control i suppose u could always just slidetackle every time as then its up 2 u

Yeh.. it's probably better to have Drogba on the front of the box! Even if he does look like he doesn't have a clue what he is holding :heh:

As for the shooting, tomma1000, I think it is all automatic.. so you just shake the nunchuk and it selects the power for you (though, my big concern is that I hope you select where to place it, unline the old FIFA games where it was top corner every time..)

However.. I would like to think that the shooting was relevent to how hard you shook the nunchuk..

yeah i wonder if this will effect micheal owens performance 2day?

being dropped from a wii game cover musy be pretty hard 2 swallow...

I'm pretty sure the Drogba one won't apply for the UK version. This is because in other versions of PES, Drogba was on the cover in the French version instead of Henry/Terry/Owen on the PES versions.

51HktrU6xdL._AA280_.jpg

I think I read somewhere (CVG?) a while ago that shooting is all about how well you time it. Random manic shaking won't get you anywhere as far as I remember.

I hope and expect the UK to still get the Michael Owen boxart... and with that 90% seal of approval from NOM on the front, too. Owen > Drogba! :p

tht would make sense and so there is skill i shootin just wondered if its like other games with a power bar

Pleased to hear that Spurs are one of the two official prem teams in the game :)

With regards to the shooting yeah it's all about the timing, I do hope however that how hard you shake it determines if it's high or low and you still aim with the stick (though it could also be with the pointer). Though I feel the excellent nunchuk tilt swerve mechanic from Fifa will be gone :(

Pleased to hear that Spurs are one of the two official prem teams in the game :)

With regards to the shooting yeah it's all about the timing, I do hope however that how hard you shake it determines if it's high or low and you still aim with the stick (though it could also be with the pointer). Though I feel the excellent nunchuk tilt swerve mechanic from Fifa will be gone :(

My brother will be pleased about the Spurs thing!

Is he a yiddo too then? Is he nervous about the big game tomorrow!? I've got a bottle of champagne ready :)

hope this has a decent edit mode

Ya...thats usually like the first thing I do; turn myself into a player. But i have always feared this section would probably get cut for the Wii :(

hope this has a decent edit mode

well i expect it oto be on par with the PS2 edit mode at least..

update.. heard a rumor that you cannot change the squads. You can only rename player and team names.

If this is true than Konami have once again outdone themselves.. Hoping to get this confirmed today.

Been on some forums and some people saying shooting can be scripted and it feels like CPU is doing all the work. waggle the nunchuck, 3/4s of the time the ball just flies into the top corner. Aslso it seems you cant aim high or low. the CPU decides this for you.

Haven't you got it yet Khilafah!?!?!?! If not sort yourself out :)

This game debuted in the JPN charts at number 5. Not to shabby huh?

How many copies does the game usually sell?

this was stolen from gamefaqs forum

As for the keepers - I think they're about the same as in other versions. I've seen them spill a lot of stuff, completely miss crosses, and rush out gung-ho (without me pressing) to completely take out an opposition striker. On the flipside they sometimes make amazing saves.

My impressions in general after a while are much more favourable (as I expected them to be, still finding Smash Brothers **** btw MancunianRattlesnake, kindly stop bumming this game when you haven't played it). The passing works pretty well once you get the hang of it, and the game becomes almost as intuitive as the old Pro Evos. Here's a rundown:

Passing: Very instinctive, my only complaint would be that when you try to play a through ball without manually moving the player towards it beforehand for some reason it often goes very slowly. Fast passing is still possible with the controls

Shooting: The worst aspect of the game by far - really, really, really bad. Almost ruins it in fact. It's like Fifa - if you get a good player in a half decent position and waggle the nunchuck, 3/4s of the time the ball flies in the top corner. It's really sad and makes build up play pointless a lot of the time, if you're just as likely to score from dead centre of the edge of the area. You also can't aim high or low.

Free kicks: Even worse than the general shooting. You just waggle the nunchuck and hope the computer scores for you. Why they couldn't include a power bar or some sort of aiming type control with the wiimote I do not know.

Defending: Feels much better now that I understand it better. Closing down is still a bit too difficult for my liking (probably to allow the attacking player some time to think) but it works by you clicking on players to mark. So you need to mark up players the opposition wants to pass to. The difficulty in closing down the player in possession or the loose ball makes it look and feel a little unnatural though, but controling the marking aspect is much more fun than I first thought. Slide tackling is very satisfying when times right because it's so difficult. Most online players don't seem to bother so it helps me win a lot.

Headers - a good way to score, but again - very little control over where they go. I also have yet to understand how to do passing headers - if, indeed, you can at all. The whole aerial situation is a bit of a lottery though.

Corners - ok, but moving around doesn't seem to help because you can have a striker surrounded by three defenders and still score.

Dribbling - gets much more natural once you get used to it. Still hard to play a dribbling game, but the controls for this aren't too bad, if a bit weird (having to hold the wiimote in front of your player and click to go fast - the nunchuck only moves him at walking pace).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238549&page=4

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46324&page=2

http://uk.wii.com/software/interviews/evolution_soccer/index.html#list

hmmmmmmmm that sounds very bad hopefully some reviews come out soon

thinkin of cancellin my lovely preorder now...

then again lookin at the forums other people seem 2 like it alot

Haven't you got it yet Khilafah!?!?!?! If not sort yourself out :)

This game debuted in the JPN charts at number 5. Not to shabby huh?

How many copies does the game usually sell?

ordering it tomorrow man. had to wait till I get paid as been spending way too much money.. :)

36,000 in a week isnt great but isnt a bomb! WE6:FE on the GC sold about 35,000 grand total I think.

Hopefully it sells over 100,000 though. I think Konami will have a tough time attracting PS2 gamers to switch over because of the controls.

From that link I have just saw, posted today:

Spong Review

I have never used that site before, nor have I read the review yet.. but I'm giving you all the link if you fancy a read!

SPOnG score: 91%

Conclusion

This is a radical redesign of Winning Eleven/Pro Evo, and for the most part it works exceedingly well. Assuming that it’s at least commercially successful enough to merit an update next year, Konami should think about tweaking the defensive controls. But Wiining Eleven is off to a fine start, regardless – it’s a rare example of a third-party being sufficiently clever and bold in its use of Wii controls, and as a result it manages to create a completely new kind of footballing experience that can be immensely satisfying.

Nice review there- better than what I expected from Spong lol. The game sounds fine, but I bet the next article that crops up will put a negative spin on things again.

The art of shooting has also been redeveloped. Now all you need to do is flick the Nunchuk in the direction of the goal, and your player will shoot. Where the shot ends up is dependent on a number of factors, including the speed at which your player is moving, the direction he’s facing and – most important – the timing of the Nunchuk flick. Almost rhythm-action levels of precise timing are needed when, for example, you’re trying to score a header from a corner kick or volley a cross goalwards. I didn’t like the sound of this setup, but in practice I now prefer it to the old ‘tap/hold Square and hope’ routine.

Sounds ok to me. As long as there is a system to it then I'm happy enough.

Aye.. the review was OK (much better than the absolutely terrible ONM review!)

There has been something I have been wondering for a while though. I have never heard of anyone on here saying that they have transferred SD saves from their Wii onto their PC and sent them to someone.. but is that possible?

The reason I ask is that I know a lot of people who like to have kits closely designed to those in real life and team names edited etc.. but wouldn't go to the trouble of taking the time to do it all themselves.. (it would be a lot of work..) What I'm asking is: would it be possible if someone was to make an EDIT File on PES2008 on the Wii and put their save onto an SD Card, then onto PC.. could that be uploaded for people to download/sent to people who want to use this save file? Download it to your computer, transfer it to your SD card and then put the EDIT file onto your Wii..

I always wondered if that was possible..

Aye.. the review was OK (much better than the absolutely terrible ONM review!)

There has been something I have been wondering for a while though. I have never heard of anyone on here saying that they have transferred SD saves from their Wii onto their PC and sent them to someone.. but is that possible?

The reason I ask is that I know a lot of people who like to have kits closely designed to those in real life and team names edited etc.. but wouldn't go to the trouble of taking the time to do it all themselves.. (it would be a lot of work..) What I'm asking is: would it be possible if someone was to make an EDIT File on PES2008 on the Wii and put their save onto an SD Card, then onto PC.. could that be uploaded for people to download/sent to people who want to use this save file? Download it to your computer, transfer it to your SD card and then put the EDIT file onto your Wii..

I always wondered if that was possible..

Well as long as the PC recognises the PES2008 edit file, uploading and dloading should not be a problem. Only thing to watch out for is if the file can be edited in the first place. Was possible with the all the other versions (PC one required some specific bits and pieces of external software) so im confident that it should be possible with the Wii version.

Still haven't decided whether I am gonna get this or not as have quite a few other games to consider and complete.

first of all we need to know if the Wii version even lets us edit the kits. That review made no mention of the edit mode.