NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

How do you play a REALLy long ball? Further than the screen allows you to?

You want to play HOOF-ball... on a computer game?? Are you Graham Taylor?

No, I wanted to play AMAZING football, spraying the ball 60 yards to a free winger. The type of ball Tom Huddlestone plays.

I want my centre backs to play stunning 70 yards ball to put strikers clean through.

I want to switch wings in an instant.

I want to play cross-field diagonal balls to my playing off the shoulder striker.

And yeah, sometimes I want to hoof that fucking ball out of my box!!! :)

No, I wanted to play AMAZING football, spraying the ball 60 yards to a free winger. The type of ball Tom Huddlestone plays.

I want my centre backs to play stunning 70 yards ball to put strikers clean through.

I want to switch wings in an instant.

I want to play cross-field diagonal balls to my playing off the shoulder striker.

And yeah, sometimes I want to hoof that fucking ball out of my box!!! :)

HOOF-ball to an ex-D**by player... Why would anyone want to do that??? :confused:

Tom Huddlestone is the best passer in the premiership, he's going to be a phenomenal player!! :)

I can't wait for this game, just hope defending isn't annoying!!!

looks like in the vid they were controllin the player 2 do a slidin tackle but not the basic 1 which is a shame as it seems so simple

its called "winning eleven 2008 - playmaker" for a reason

next year it is "winning eleven 2009 - centre back"

cant wait for "winning eleven 2010 - goalkeeper"

bet £20000000000000 and turok

Tom Huddlestone is the best passer in the premiership, he's going to be a phenomenal player!! :)

Obviously don't know about a guy called Fabregas.

You, should look him up ;)

lol, Xabi Alonso is the best passer in the league.

lol, Xabi Alonso is the best passer in the league.

Its funny how many people just don't know man. You guys should get out more, get off your damn PC's and watch some footy.

I am really excited by this game, I think it looks fantastic!

I bought ONM yesterday to read the review.. and I wish I hadn't.. the review was pretty awful, not enough detail. The first thing I noticed when flicking through the pages though was the quote about the defensive controls. I was thinking- please tell me they haven't messed that up!

The proof of the Playmaker pudding will be in the eating though..

On an attacking side of things, I see lots of potential- it looks great! I have felt that, although I enjoy them loads, the last few Pro Evolution Soccers on the PS2 have felt all too familiar. This is totally different and I think it will feel great. Lets hope the defensive side of things is more interactive than what ONM suggests.. I'm sure it is.. the magazine was awful this month.. only bought it for PES 2008..

The videos on the internet give a much greater impression than the poor review.. I'm still really excited to play this! Come on Merseyside Red!

I am really excited by this game, I think it looks fantastic!

I bought ONM yesterday to read the review.. and I wish I hadn't.. the review was pretty awful, not enough detail. The first thing I noticed when flicking through the pages though was the quote about the defensive controls. I was thinking- please tell me they haven't messed that up!

The proof of the Playmaker pudding will be in the eating though..

On an attacking side of things, I see lots of potential- it looks great! I have felt that, although I enjoy them loads, the last few Pro Evolution Soccers on the PS2 have felt all too familiar. This is totally different and I think it will feel great. Lets hope the defensive side of things is more interactive than what ONM suggests.. I'm sure it is.. the magazine was awful this month.. only bought it for PES 2008..

The videos on the internet give a much greater impression than the poor review.. I'm still really excited to play this! Come on Merseyside Red!

Yeh I hope the defense is up to scratch. I'm sure it will be though, they don't seem to have cut any corners and watching the advanced techniques trailer and other ones it looks as if it will be awesome.

Really look forward to going up against you guys online. Bring it on!:yay:

Yeh I hope the defense is up to scratch. I'm sure it will be though, they don't seem to have cut any corners and watching the advanced techniques trailer and other ones it looks as if it will be awesome.

Really look forward to going up against you guys online. Bring it on!:yay:

Good lad! I expect a PM of your friend code on the 28th March :heh:

The thing that concerns me is if you are not able to specifically select the man you want to defend with. I always felt one of my strengths was with my blocking, tackling and my interceptions.. so maybe I will have to change my game in that regard :heh:

Thankfully I'm usually pretty good at passing the ball around, being really patient, wait for openings.. a tactic this game seems perfectly suited for : peace:

You can expect one from me too.

Hopefully we'll be able to have a game without the mega-lag of the DS version ey? :D

You can expect one from me too.

Hopefully we'll be able to have a game without the mega-lag of the DS version ey? :D

I really hope so! I'll make sure to give you mine too! I hope I get it a day before release (like Mario Strikers Charged Football) so I can get in a bit of early practice. Don't let me down, Play : peace:

An N-E Tournament with this game is gonna be special :smile:

The thing that concerns me is if you are not able to specifically select the man you want to defend with. I always felt one of my strengths was with my blocking, tackling and my interceptions.. so maybe I will have to change my game in that regard :heh:

Thankfully I'm usually pretty good at passing the ball around, being really patient, wait for openings.. a tactic this game seems perfectly suited for : peace:

Think you can select the defender. Don't quote me but I think Ive seen a vid where you select the individual you want to, to mark the player.(s)

I hope the camera can be zoomed out quite a lot as I would like to see all the movement and almost the entire width of the pitch, so I can make my runs etc.

Interesting concept and its amazing to see Konami actually take such a risk, cos tbh they usually play it very safe with the Pro Evo series as the last few versions proved.

I hope it comes off, but I doubt it.

yeah its hard 2 tell as in all the videos it seems 2 work really well but suppose when we get a chn ace 2 play it we will know how well it actually works 4 a normal gamer

Interesting concept and its amazing to see Konami actually take such a risk, cos tbh they usually play it very safe with the Pro Evo series as the last few versions proved.

I hope it comes off, but I doubt it.

Tbh I think its a calculated risk as its on the Wii and not Ps3 or 360.

Pro's been getting a bit stale lately so Im glad they've stepped up. :yay:

I'm suprised they used the Pro-evolution brand. I would be more inclined to take risks with the ISS brand... especially after ISS3

I'm suprised they used the Pro-evolution brand. I would be more inclined to take risks with the ISS brand... especially after ISS3

Seems silly when they've build up Pro Evoulation Soccer for the past 7 years

Thank goodness it is Pro Evo.. I was delighted when it was announced! Fifa just doesn't interest me and I have been a Pro fan since ISS Pro on the PS1! I'm excited for a new control scheme and a different way to play! If I want to play with normal controls, I'll play on my brother's PS2..

Wish it would hurry up and get released :heh:

Yeh.. I preordered a while ago when it was £34.99 on Play.com but when I was ordering Mario Kart the other day I noticed my order now said £29.99 (yay) ..I'm looking forward to March and April!

And though this has probably already been posted ages ago, I think this s the best video (certainly in terms of seeing the controls)

PES2008 Playmaker - General Gameplay/Controls Review