NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

I see that there is an unidentified 'soccer' game coming for the Wii in Q4 from Konami - But I need to know if this is the legendary PES '08...(please god).

Winning Eleven (The Japanese version of PES) has been confirmed for Wii.

Winning Eleven (The Japanese version of PES) has been confirmed for Wii.

So there really IS a god...Oh holy Nintendo, I will never doubt you again...Just as long as this is released in Europe.

PES is god. Period.

Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion ;)

As far as i can remember, it's been confirmed, but it isnt due out till the first half of 2008, when all other versions are released.

So according to this thread; PES is a god, for whom we must pray that he releases himself upon the Wii and somehow Nintendo is holy, perhaps the Jesus to the god-like PES?

Football fans are weird.

So according to this thread; PES is a god, for whom we must pray that he releases himself upon the Wii and somehow Nintendo is holy, perhaps the Jesus to the god-like PES?

Football fans are weird.

Yeh, well the West Midlands are weird.

Yeh I went there:heh:

I can't see a PES title making it out for the Wii this year for Europe. They've not listed it, there's been no hype and it's not like you can pre-order it anywhere. I'd love to see it, and would buy it in a heartbeat, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see something tangible.

FIFA08 is looking good thus far for Wii (apart from some of the graphics close up - yuk!), but I would still buy a Wii PES if it was coming out. Where have you seen it listed King_V?

PES is god. Period.

Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion ;)

Best football game there is, but really, it's just the best out of a shite bunch. Compared to Madden, ESPN NFL 2K5, Tiger Woods and other sports games, it pretty poor.

but winning eleven came out on gamecube too but never made it here.

I dont really care about the game but there is still no real garuntee is will be out here yet is there?

If Pro Evo 7 does come out on the Wii, I doubt I'll be getting it. I'll probably just get it for the 360.

Yeh, well the West Midlands are weird.

Yeh I went there:heh:

Aw, fuck yow! :angry:

I wouldn't go there if I were you, its a right shit hole.

Am I the only person here who lives in a decent part of England?

I think I'm gonna give FIFA a punt this year, they are trying out something different and I say fair play to them, the accessible nature of it also means can have a game with the rest of the family and not have to call on game playing friends for a decent match.

I doubt PES Wii is coming out in 2007, otherwise Konami would have shown it already, instead it's TBA like the PSP version.

"If" it's PES 2008, then they have to release until April 2008 I guess.

Am I the only person here who lives in a decent part of England?

No. You live in Sutton :p

No chance I'll get Pro Evo on the Wii unless it actually amazes me. But getting it for 360 is an absolute definite.

No. You live in Sutton :P

Silly fool.

<- It's Sutton Coldfield!

I doubt PES Wii is coming out in 2007, otherwise Konami would have shown it already, instead it's TBA like the PSP version.

"If" it's PES 2008, then they have to release until April 2008 I guess.

but why are konami so stupid?

It's literally the only console it's not being released in. I wouln't be surprised if there was a gizmondo version before the wii version with Konami.

but why are konami so stupid?

It's literally the only console it's not being released in. I wouln't be surprised if there was a gizmondo version before the wii version with Konami.

I agree, after Wii's sales their priority shouldn't be the ubber HD version, but well... it is.

To be honest, I'm not that positive about PES Wii, I think it could be really well done, but I think it's a afterthought. Seabass always seemed a little of a playstation-fandork to me, so that also explains my expectations.

Seabass staff are made up of half the ISS staff anyhoo from KCEO (after they merged with KCET). ISS ... Whadda game!

Pro Evo now has the opportunity to become ULTRA realistic and more 'fun' with shirt pulling, conning the ref, advanced AI that would make the best managers pap their pants and many more features such as personalised celebrations and decent online leagues.

Yet Konami know PES lovers will flock to this....Just like FIFA lovers do, every year. Even with FIFA style updated rosters and slightly tweaked AI and a new cover star! Pro Evo USED to have some major effort put into changing it every year. Now they have sales near/above FIFA they just add buzzwords like 'Teamvision' and promise the world.

Yeah this week we should see how good the Next Gen PES2008 is. looks like it will have the same BS ML so thats annoying.

A Wii version will be released but not till next year. I reckon it will use the same engine as the PS2 versions so it is gonna be a bit dated. I have the newest PS2 Japanese game which was released few weeks ago and it is not much different from PES6.