NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Do you accept Nintendos laziness?

...I'm pretty sure Mario Party 8 is the wii's top seller...and the games you mentioned above are/were Gamecube games. Andthe first online game might just be fun... if the connection stops cutting off every 2 games.

Jesus Christ, why does it matter what sells best? For the record, Mario PArty 8 is like the 5th best seller. Also, whats so bad if they were GameCube games? They are good games, thats all that matters surely. You'd have alot more people if Nintendo had chosen to simply cancel them.

You just seem to have a vendetta against Nintendo, when in truth, they're doing as much as they could possibly do.

I think Nintendos main problem is the whole spacing out of the traditional games. Im not complaining about the lack of them because we have Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars Wii, Pokemon Revolution, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3 and Fire Emblem all on the way and thats just the 1st party stuff.

What im not happy about is how just about all of these games are going to get crammed down our necks between mid September- mid December. If they had spaced the these release out more or even got them ready when alot of them were supposed to be ( points at MP3, Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros ) then I dont think we would be hearing these kinds of negative things.

I do agree with Shortys remarks about the Wii really not having any killer/must have games apart from Zelda. Like he said though Im hoping this will change, and I believe it will, come the end of year rush. Im not saying that the Wii doesnt have any fun games because I know it does as I own quite a few but it does lack " I would kill for that " kind of game at the moment.

I said this in a topic a while back and it didnt go down well with some people but I will say it again as I believe it to be true. The Wii has the VC and GC compatability at its disposal so if you want some traditional games to play while you wait for the Wii ones to arrive then check out the VC or GC games. Dont be put off by games just because they arent on todays platforms, there are many classics waiting for everyone to play and enjoy.

I think Nintendos main problem is the whole spacing out of the traditional games. Im not complaining about the lack of them because we have Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars Wii, Pokemon Revolution, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3 and Fire Emblem all on the way and thats just the 1st party stuff.

What im not happy about is how just about all of these games are going to get crammed down our necks between mid September- mid December. If they had spaced the these release out more or even got them ready when alot of them were supposed to be ( points at MP3, Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros ) then I dont think we would be hearing these kinds of negative things.

I do agree with Shortys remarks about the Wii really not having any killer/must have games apart from Zelda. Like he said though Im hoping this will change, and I believe it will, come the end of year rush. Im not saying that the Wii doesnt have any fun games because I know it does as I own quite a few but it does lack " I would kill for that " kind of game at the moment.

I said this in a topic a while back and it didnt go down well with some people but I will say it again as I believe it to be true. The Wii has the VC and GC compatability at its disposal so if you want some traditional games to play while you wait for the Wii ones to arrive then check out the VC or GC games. Dont be put off by games just because they arent on todays platforms, there are many classics waiting for everyone to play and enjoy.

So true...Which is why I just exchanged Mario Strikers and RE;hash 4 for Wii points...!_!

Jesus Christ, why does it matter what sells best? For the record, Mario PArty 8 is like the 5th best seller. Also, whats so bad if they were GameCube games? They are good games, thats all that matters surely. You'd have alot more people if Nintendo had chosen to simply cancel them.

You just seem to have a vendetta against Nintendo, when in truth, they're doing as much as they could possibly do.

A vendetta against Nintendo? So I'm a troll now? Dood, I'm typing this on my Wii...in my under 'garments'...How Much more pro-Nintendo can I be? I am a consumer of Nintendo products and this is my consumer demand. Honestly, some of you act like you are praising Nintendo with church-like hymns...You honestly have no criticisms of Nintendo?

Nintendo could be and should be doing a lot more if they wish to dominate the field, I mean how about some demos Nintendo? or VC games we actually want or a freaking update which allows me to type with usb keyboard?! But their doing all they can?...pah.

So true...Which is why I just exchanged Mario Strikers and RE;hash 4 for Wii points...!_!
So you trade in perfect examples of nice Wii controls for old-style games... Doesn't that ring a bell - get a 360?

A vendetta against Nintendo? So I'm a troll now? Dood, I'm typing this on my Wii...in my under 'garments'...How Much more pro-Nintendo can I be? I am a consumer of Nintendo products and this is my consumer demand. Honestly, some of you act like you are praising Nintendo with church-like hymns...You honestly have no criticisms of Nintendo?

You're overreacting and nobody cares what you do in your underwear...

Also, your consumer demand? That's just egocentrical. Nintendo doesn't have to give you what you want. However, you choose you buy Nintendo products so if you're not getting what you go somewhere else. This is not Nintendo's responsibility.

Nintendo could be and should be doing a lot more if they wish to dominate the field, I mean how about some demos Nintendo? or VC games we actually want or a freaking update which allows me to type with usb keyboard?! But their doing all they can?...pah.

They are dominating, we are getting the VC games we want and we are able to use USB keyboards now and will very likely have complete control in the next update. The demo channel isn't there, but neither is the memory for it, so too bad.

Stop being such a spoiled brat, Nintendo is giving us a lot of good stuff. It may not be everything we want but how the hell can you expect that? Just because we don't get everything we want doesn't make them lazy...

I agree, if anything the Wii will have too many AAA games stuffed into one very short period of time. Will everyone be able to get them all as they come out, or will we have to choose which AAA title we buy first.

If hes spoiled, its because Nintendo spoiled him in the past with superior consoles and games. Its natural to want to complain if a product doesn't meet your expectations

If hes spoiled, its because Nintendo spoiled him in the past with superior consoles and games. Its natural to want to complain if a product doesn't meet your expectations
Spoiled by Nintendo? That's not what I meant. Note he's complaining about lack of 3D Pokemon adventures, demo channels, USB keyboard interfacing, lack of games in the first period, disappointing games (Zelda) all of which were also present on all previous Nintendo platforms.

I meant spoiled in the sense that he expects the perfect things to happen, he expects everything he wants, and blames Nintendo for laziness when it doesn't happen. That's naive and annoying.

I meant spoiled in the sense that he expects the perfect things to happen, he expects everything he wants, and blames Nintendo for laziness when it doesn't happen.

And to the top of that, he wants everything NOW.

...Okay, so skipping all the 'hoo-hah', lets turn an eye to WW and TP... Can you not identify SUCCESSIVE acts of 'laziness'? No? So you enjoyed the Triforce hunt then? You enjoyed the pointless and effortless task of killing insects to restore light? You enjoyed only walking one path of Hyrule in WW? You enjoyed only being in one location of the Twilight Realm in TP?

Do you not view this as lazy programming or are you quiet happy with the above? Please answer as this would help me to identify which 'sort' of person you are.

And finally, you're most definitly are happy to buy Pokemon Battle Revolution at full price?

...Okay, so skipping all the 'hoo-hah', lets turn an eye to WW and TP... Can you not identify SUCCESSIVE acts of 'laziness'? No? So you enjoyed the Triforce hunt then? You enjoyed the pointless and effortless task of killing insects to restore light? You enjoyed only walking one path of Hyrule in WW? You enjoyed only being in one location of the Twilight Realm in TP?

Do you not view this as lazy programming or are you quiet happy with the above? Please answer as this would help me to identify which 'sort' of person you are.

And finally, you're most definitly are happy to buy Pokemon Battle Revolution at full price?

While the Triforce hunt can be classed as lazyness (even though it was time restraints), the rest is just design choices. You see, you can ALWAYS wish for more and more from a game. I can wish for 30 temples, I can wish for a dragon to fly in, I can wish for the whole world available in GTA complete with all the cars in existance, yadda yadda yadda. You have to understand one thing, when making games, you can't just say "I wanna put this in" and put it. You have to see if the team can do it, if there's time, if it fits in with the game, if it's boring, the list goes on and on.

Killing insects to restore life? Interesting that you accuse Nintendo of being lazy and repeating things and then you bash on a pretty original game "mode" that completly deviates from usual Zeldas. Not to mention I found it pretty awesome and loved the mood.

Hyrule in WW? So, you wanted, both the surface world and Hyrule to be available. Mm... you wanted the game released when, 2010?

One location in Twilight Realm? Well I don't mind considering it's a huge game, but with an enrmous overfield, 8 dungeons or whatever, some sidequests and minigames, towns and their twilight variations. I'd say that's pretty much enough. But, what the heck, why stop there? We can have Hyrule, Twilight Hyrule, Twilight Realm, Sacred Realm, heavens, we can even travel in time and visit other Zeldas!

Bottom line is, if you just keep wishing for stuff to be in game instead of enjoying what's there, you'll have a hard time enjoying anything.

.....riiiiiiight I quite enjoyed those hunts in both the games. thanks to them I was ablr to fully explore the great sea and hyrule. Reason why Zelda is known as an ADVENTURE!!!!!

Oh and about WW....they had a date for it to be released. So really they would have been working their butts off trying to cram as much into the game as they could. Be greatful that it's out and that it's great

In after dipshit that doesn't understand game development defines every single thing that doesn't meet his impossibly high standards as laziness.

no not lazy there are good games coming from nintendo by end of this year and they already said that they are making 70 games for the wii so to say lazy? no

on the gamecube they where lazy now they have the DS also to focus on Virtual console that kinda stuff

Only read this last page, but already I can see the temperaments are high and the debating is unfriendly. Both parts have got points, so I think all of you should try to calm down and view the case from the other part's point of view.

I personally rank developers by the number of quality games they produce. I'm taking quality like Half-life, Warcraft 3, Age of Empires, Far Cry Supreme Commander etc type quality. Lets take some examples, Valve produce one exceptional game every 3-4 years, Blizzard Produce 1 maybe two quality titles a year. Ensemble Studios, one every year. Westwood (formally), one every two years, same with the old Team 17. EA maybe one or two brilliant titles a year. Three if you lucky, and they have studios all over the world. Ubisoft might get one or two AAA titles.

Nintendo get fairly regularly at least 4 brilliant games a year. That's not forgetting they also brought out the DS and the wii hardware, which aren't exactly unpopular. I'm sorry if you're not getting the games you want this minute, I'm sure if you phoned up nintendo and asked them to pump out quick movie tie-ins and budget bug filled games they might just to satisfy you impatience. Personally waiting makes a good game that little bit sweeter, and calling a studio lazy for producing more good games than other developers seems a little harsh.

I'm pretty sure you'd do a much better job if you weren't to lazy to make your own games.

I'd much rather look at the laziness issue from the other side. Not N as a dev but rather as a console maker.

N throws out those 4 brilliant games per year - but the sad part is ... that's kinda it. That's kinda all the games one must have that year. And then there's the personal taste question - and some of us are now under those 4.

Yes - SUPERB for a dev - not that godly for a console maker.

It's all a matter of personal taste. Saying Nintendo can do better is like saying Mars can make chocolate taste nicer. For one person it would, for another it would be worse.

Mmmm, chocolate analogies...

I was content, as the Twilight Realm was the place I would tread with trepidation when entering, as I'd know it would feel like a different location from Hyrule, almost like the Dark World on alttp, except once a dungeon was completed, light was restored. Of course this is a kinda each to their own issue, and I'll leave it at that.

As for the main topic at hand, I'd rather not get involved, as it seems to have become a major Quote war, resulting in someone quoting the previous poster saying exactly the opposite of the quote. Now in some cases this is justified with sufficient opinions or evidence, but it does seem to be escalating too much. All I'll say is I am as an owner of an Xbox 360, PC and Nintendo Wii, I am content with what the Wii has brought to the table so far and even happier with what we'll be getting in the future. Actually to be fair, I am content with my 360 too which has also brought me some good first party games in an array of genres. So for me, I think this is a good time to be a gamer, even if you only support one of the consoles.

Considering Nintendo's HUGE profit, they seem a bit stingy. They should at least have supported HD, included a harddrive and a decent online service. I miss being able to download demos and classic Gamecube games.

Can't complain about the first generation line-up though.

It's all a matter of personal taste. Saying Nintendo can do better is like saying Mars can make chocolate taste nicer. For one person it would, for another it would be worse.

Mmmm, chocolate analogies...

It's more like saying Mars are lazy for not making 12 foot chocolate bars.

While the Triforce hunt can be classed as lazyness (even though it was time restraints), the rest is just design choices. You see, you can ALWAYS wish for more and more from a game. I can wish for 30 temples, I can wish for a dragon to fly in, I can wish for the whole world available in GTA complete with all the cars in existance, yadda yadda yadda. You have to understand one thing, when making games, you can't just say "I wanna put this in" and put it. You have to see if the team can do it, if there's time, if it fits in with the game, if it's boring, the list goes on and on.

Killing insects to restore life? Interesting that you accuse Nintendo of being lazy and repeating things and then you bash on a pretty original game "mode" that completly deviates from usual Zeldas. Not to mention I found it pretty awesome and loved the mood.

Hyrule in WW? So, you wanted, both the surface world and Hyrule to be available. Mm... you wanted the game released when, 2010?

One location in Twilight Realm? Well I don't mind considering it's a huge game, but with an enrmous overfield, 8 dungeons or whatever, some sidequests and minigames, towns and their twilight variations. I'd say that's pretty much enough. But, what the heck, why stop there? We can have Hyrule, Twilight Hyrule, Twilight Realm, Sacred Realm, heavens, we can even travel in time and visit other Zeldas!

Bottom line is, if you just keep wishing for stuff to be in game instead of enjoying what's there, you'll have a hard time enjoying anything.

2010 for simply making a barren 'otherworld'? The so-called 'great' Sea was lack-lustre; ONE full town and patches of empty, unnoteworthy islands - this does not fulfill me, but am I really asking for too much here? Look at Final Fantasy games, they are released in roughly the same time frames as console Zeldas but the producers give us a gigantic world brimming with npcs and cram every nook and crannie along with a few secrets...

(sorry wii-remote issues)

...Why can't Nintendo do this? And why make two successive games with vaguely the same limitations?

...Why can't Nintendo do this? And why make two successive games with vaguely the same limitations?

And would you please elaborate what are these limitations? Cause I look at WW's shortcomings and all except enemy difficulty were solved in TP (even though TP's are a little harder)

.....riiiiiiight I quite enjoyed those hunts in both the games. thanks to them I was ablr to fully explore the great sea and hyrule. Reason why Zelda is known as an ADVENTURE!!!!!

Oh and about WW....they had a date for it to be released. So really they would have been working their butts off trying to cram as much into the game as they could. Be greatful that it's out and that it's great

"Be grateful"...Isn't that the epitome of Nintendo console owners mindset? Be grateful? Hah! Thats something a starving family would say when they are given some chump change on the street.

This is a problem I see all over Nintendo-based forums; fans blinded by loyalty - fanboy/girlism. Most other gamers praise a game for what was good and scorn it for what was bad/weak, but a lot of Nintendo fans will lie to themselves and never admit a particular weakness present in Nintendo games. EVEN Miyamoto himself admitted how 'lacking' WW was.

I'd much rather look at the laziness issue from the other side. Not N as a dev but rather as a console maker.

N throws out those 4 brilliant games per year - but the sad part is ... that's kinda it. That's kinda all the games one must have that year. And then there's the personal taste question - and some of us are now under those 4.

Yes - SUPERB for a dev - not that godly for a console maker.

You're right...And so the dillemma for me is that I am not a Metroid fan and after Sunshine...My interests in Mario games are waining.

And would you please elaborate what are these limitations? Cause I look at WW's shortcomings and all except enemy difficulty were solved in TP (even though TP's are a little harder)

Well, for one, they still created an otherworld with only one location; The Twilight Palace. They also created new races (Yetis, Ooccas and The Twili) but did not elaborate on them, not even in NPC speech - like the Ritos in WW - I mean, atleast have a few Twili to speak to who could shed a bit more info regarding their inhabitance. Just like the Great sea, Hyrule and its locales were sparsely popullated...I mean look at Gerudo Mesa!

And to top it off Nintendo once again obscures timelines by contradicting OOT. They could have cleaned up the overal presentation - and they COULD have done it...But they focused on making a prioritized Wii version albeit to boost its launch.

Why do you have this image that all Nintendo fans are blinded by this fanboyism whenever they disagree with you. Do you not think it might just be, perhaps, we enjoyed these games Nintendo made and disagree with your criticisms? I'll happily talk about the faults of TP if you want, I don't really see the point though, as it's not going to change alot.

On the point of Final Fantasy XII, to me that game is too long. It's at this stage where I've been running around killing monsters for about 60 hours, and theres not really been one challenge yet that has me determined to keep playing as it was partiucally hard. Theres tons of side quests and whatever, but for me they've stopped being fun, its just how it happend. I'll probably go back in a few months and finish them all though.

I just feel I couldn't expect anymore from Nintendo, and if I did get more, I'd have to miss out on games I would otherwise enjoy as well I have a limited amount of time and money. You can criticise the Wii's game line up thus far, which has been pretty lack-lustre, but on the other hand you can at least praise Nintendo to seeming have that fixed post August.

So yeah, this thread's going in circles now. I think the morale is different people have different needs and requirements from a video games console, and the Wii might not suit everyones.