NEurope
Shorty

The Official N-E Quiz. Forum prizes to be won! (round 11 complete)

Yes, I noticed the edit message. Which I took to mean as they were wrong before which the editing was done to correct them.

what? I didn't correct them in the edit.

Eevil you didn't score in round 8 so you only got one point in round nine... If you're complaining about the other scoreboard then note it says "up to round 7".

I've not edited those scores to account for all the 2-pt scorers, but the results of that round were

Answers:

1) Post your Meaningless Post of The Day (Motion)

2) Ashley (Shadowv7)

3) General ChitChat (Cube)

4) Your top 5 (EchoDesiato)

5) Wii Discussion (My Buttons are magic)

6) Guitar Hero (Owario)

7) Other Consoles (Fresh)

8) Fierce Link (Haggis)

9) N-Europe Foums (Coolness Bears)

10) Birthday Thread (Emo)

... and the results for round 9 are here. So you can add them up and add the scores to the top scores on the first page.

quit moaning at least i tried

Yeah those are wrong I answered the one with the weird name which was worth two points and motion broke the rules on that one. I also answered one in the latest round, so I should have 3 points in round 9 and 8 combined.

Alright it's become apparent that the other people posting rounds have been quite naughty, not following their own rounds or adding the scores at the end. Maybe I'll do the rest of the quiz myself....

LIKE I SAID. I didn't do it PROPERLY. shut up and do it yourself.

I was just baiting you lol.

Right, the scores are finally updated... I'll be making my own round soonish.

EDIT:

...and I have now made it. Note that some of the questions are pretty hard, so are worth more points, as indicated. So, here we go:

Round 10

1.What is the integral of sin(x) e^x? (3 points) Answered by Shino!

2.Which character from the anime series Mai-HiME is played by the Japanese voice actress of Talim? (of Soulcalibur) (1 point) Answered by Coolness Bears!

3.Who is the world's most shoplifted author? (1 point) Answered by killthenet!

4.The famous company Atari is named after a go term. Name one other video games company which is named after a go term. (2 points) Answered by Owario!

5.Which famous author of the 19th Century was sentenced to death but later granted a reprieve? (1 point) Answered by jayseven!

6.If I were to spill iodine crystals on a surface, how would I go about removing the resulting yellow stains? (1 point) Answered by Cube!

7.Which GameCube RPG features the player as a spirit connected to the main character? (1 point) Answered by Tales!

8.Summarise the argument presented by Miss Teen USA 2007 South Carolina when asked why many Americans could not locate the US on a map. (2 points) Answered by conzer16!

9.The Italian word “panini” is used in the UK to describe a variant of a toasted sandwich, but what is its actual meaning? (1 point) Answered by mr-paul!

10.What is Pascal's wager about? (1 point) Answered by Haden!

11.Some people have an inability to correctly metabolise homogenistic acid. What is the most common symptom of this condition? (2 points) Answered by ShadowV7!

12.Sir Charles Vernon Boys devised a method for measuring the gravitational constant using a very fine quartz fibre. How did he produce these fibres? (1 point) Answered by Hellfire!

13.Who said “If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.”? (1 point) Answered by Stefkov!

14.Which genre makes up nearly 70% of the PC games released in Japan? (1 point) Answered by mariosmentor!

15.Which abstract 2 player strategy game was “solved” (in the game theory sense of the term) in 2007? (1 point) Answered by EchoDesiato!

16.Which actor is the godfather of Apple, the daughter of Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow? Answered by mcj metroid!

17.What was the name of the jazz club owned by the author Haruki Murakami? (1 point) Answered by Haggis!

18.Draw me a recognisable ostrich. (no cheating here, it must be your ostrich... a photo of the picture signed with your forum name required :heh: ) (3 points) Answered by motion!

19.What is generally considered to be the most abundant protein on the planet? (1 point) Answered by The fish!

20.What does this character mean? (2 points) Answered by Daft!

Right then, good luck!

Oh I see a new round is up!

Edit by Supergrunch: Stop answering as many as you can, read the rules.

14:point and click

16:Simon Pegg

You can only answer one, which answer do you want me to accept?

Oh I see a new round is up!

9. Something to do with sanskrit? (sp?)

15. Tic-Tac-Toe?

20. FISH!! (さかな)

Same to you.

8. "Uh, I think there are some people in our nation who don't really have maps..... I believe that our education, ummm places like South Africa and Iraq, everywhere such as.... uh....... our education here in the US should help the US...uh...places like South Africa and Iraq and the asian countries to help build up our future."

Possibly the most confusing answer to a question I've ever heard, not quite sure what Iraq and South Africa have to do with it. To be fair it was quite a hard question and it was probably quite nerve wracking, poor girl.

You can only answer one, which answer do you want me to accept?

Same to you.

hmmm the second one

13; Quentin Crisp?

...correct!

16:Simon Pegg

Correct!

Anyway guys, stop answering multiple questions, it gives other people the answers... if you're right.

Damn...ok No. 20...because I know it right!

But I'd still like to propose this for 8!

"Because Americans are in some way able to see that other places like in Iraq look to America and people see that....Everyone should know that there are places that America isn't and if you look education is important and children need to read more better unlike Iraq in America............AND world peace." - It was about as coherent as that!

10.What is Pascal's wager about? (1 point)

Believe in God if he doesnt exist well no loss if he does then you win as you go to heaven.

10.What is Pascal's wager about? (1 point)

Believe in God if he doesnt exist well no loss if he does then you win as you go to heaven.

That's correct!