NEurope
Shorty

The Official N-E Quiz. Forum prizes to be won! (round 11 complete)

All the above answers are correct.

Sorry Jimbob you were beaten to it in the same minute. I'd say you're free to have another guess but...

round's over! Congratulations to all point-winners. I will now add up teh scores.

edit: scores added up. lemme know if I put you down twice by accident instead of adding it to an old one, or if you've changed your username since the quiz last started.

I think I have 8 points, not two.

Round 1 - Nothing

Round 2 - 2

Round 3 - 11

Round 4 - 2

Round 5 - Nothing (My Round)

Round 6 - Nothing

Round 7 - 10

Round 8 - 3

Round 9 - Nothing

Round 10 - 6

Round 11 - 6 (2 points)

Holy shit, I'm second on the leaderboard. I had no idea I had that many questions right. I should've gone for a 3-pointer this round, damn.

D'oh, realised now that this has been going on for a while. Kind of impossible to catch up now. :p

people always say that, dude. When I started the leader had 8 pts, but i think I've caught up well :)

I think I have 8 points, not two.

Round 1 - Nothing

Round 2 - 2

Round 3 - 11

Round 4 - 2

Round 5 - Nothing (My Round)

Round 6 - Nothing

Round 7 - 10

Round 8 - 3

Round 9 - Nothing

Round 10 - 6

Round 11 - 6 (2 points)

I said anyone who argues with the leaderboard is out of the game forever!

However in this case I might have been wrong. *fixes scoreboard*

1. In Loop Hero, what happens when you place 9 mountain tiles in a 3x3 grid?

2. Which country's current capital is an anagram of its previous capital?

3. Name 4 Jacques Tati films - bonus point if you can guess the order that I think is best to worst.

4. What do Kendrick Lamar, Carl Sagan, JFK and John Steinbeck have in common? worth 2pts as it's tricky

5. In what way are megathreads offputting for newcomers? 300 words or more.

6. Riddle: A lily pad in a pond doubles in size every 24 hours. The lily pad covers the entire pond after 10 days. How many days would it take for TWO lily pads to cover the pond?

7. Name 20 forumites I've met IRL

8. Did you see the beatles docs? They were really good weren't they! What was your favourite bit?

9. How many steam games do I own (closest wins - Shorty can't answer)

10. If you answer this question for an easy point then you have to do the next quiz - why is the sky blue?

2. Tokyo, anagram of Kyoto

4. They're all men

6. Nine days

9. 45

3. Name 4 Jacques Tati films - bonus point if you can guess the order that I think is best to worst.
4. What do Kendrick Lamar, Carl Sagan, JFK and John Steinbeck have in common? worth 2pts as it's tricky
6. Riddle: A lily pad in a pond doubles in size every 24 hours. The lily pad covers the entire pond after 10 days. How many days would it take for TWO lily pads to cover the pond?
8. Did you see the beatles docs? They were really good weren't they! What was your favourite bit?
10. If you answer this question for an easy point then you have to do the next quiz - why is the sky blue?

1. Something loops
4. All had airports named after them
6. 9 days
8. No
9. 132

On 08/05/2022 at 12:10 AM, Jonnas said:

2. Tokyo, anagram of Kyoto

4. They're all men

6. Nine days

9. 45

2 and 6 are correct!

On 08/05/2022 at 8:43 AM, bob said:

1. Something loops
4. All had airports named after them
6. 9 days
8. No
9. 132

no.

no.
Pretty sure 8 is correct unless I forgot about it.

Clearly it's a 2-parter, with the first question being a gatekeeper. Maybe you get 0.5 pts if nobody else answer better innit! Hell, it's you, I'll probably give you a point for free anyway!

More importantly, you both broke rules 1 and 2 immediately....

On 07/05/2022 at 6:36 PM, jayseven said:

1. Turns into one giant mountain, innit

2. Japan (technically you didn't say the name of the country so I am going to deny you a point for this!)

3. Monsieur Hulot's holiday, Mon Oncle, Playtime, Trafic

4. They have all won a pulitzer prize

5. Megathreads are a great idea, in theory, to cover multiple subjects, however the sheer mass of information they present is very overwhelming and offputting to new members. As someone who used to peruse these boards and threads religiously, I find it to be very clique-ish for them to still exist. As I mentioned elsewhere, there are threads made in 2010 (and earlier) that are still propping up the main page. Perhaps this forum is purely for those who want to be exclusive rather than explorative. I get that we are aged and must succumb to the settled nature of adulthood, but it's surely more interesting to come here and find the unexpected rather than the usual checklisting tick of going into the same three megathreads to update the rest of the forumites, who don't read what you write with any compassion, on the mundanity of your existence.

To be fair, the majority of the discussion is, and should be, in the nintendo-focused board. People will always attend here for herd-based ideology. No problem. But this board is populated by the in-crowd and doesn't appear to appeal to newcomers. I mean i-Glen is the newest name that I saw, and I remembered him from the last time I flew by. HOWEVER! This literally isn't a problem. Nobody is asking for this to be fixed. I am merely returning to an old haunt and saying that it's not like it used to be. Back in my day blah blah blah. I'm just bored. But that's ok. I'm just here for the lols. I haven't counted the words but I imagine it's about 300 now. Or 233. Depending on how you count em.

6. 9 is correct! Jonnas gets it.

7. I would have accepted, like, any 20. I cba to list them as I'll forget people.

8. I mean, clearly it's watching the titular 'Get Back' being formed, first by Paul and then later iterations that were worked through with John - a great insight into how they worked as a band.

9. 2677

10. I'm not doing the next quiz so I can't answer.

So congratulations to Jonnas for getting a point!

Just now, jayseven said:

2. Japan (technically you didn't say the name of the country so I am going to deny you a point for this!)

Jonnas will remember that

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111cb13bee234afa5b25

Edited by Jonnas
  • Haha 1

Poor show!