NEurope
Retro_Link

Samba De Amigo

Thant advert is simply appalling, makes me cringe just watching it.

Wasnt there already a Samba topic?

Yeah there is, it got ignored!

The monkey's alright, the dad on the other hand is an utter tw*t! and ruins it!

The monkey's alright, the dad on the other hand is an utter tw*t! and ruins it!

Thats exactly what ruined it for me!

FUN!!!

The Monkey = Win! :grin:

They should give one away free with the game! :heh: That would make me happy!

I've never played Samba Di Amigo before and the advert doesn't really make me want it. It just disturbed and confused me...

I'm thinking about importing this...cause America get it quite a bit in advance to Europe..however would i be able to buy the Wii Points of say VGP when your able to purchase new songs?

Never played this on the DC, but I'm aware of the prestige it has so I'll probably get this as long as they get the controls right on Wii.

Horrible ad though.

Good news everyone! It looks like we have a release date.

According to our friends at LiveWii, Samba de Amigo has been given an firm European release date. How did they find this date? Well, it popped up on Sega’s official press site. Europeans, you can look forward to Samba de Amigo on Wii come September 19th, 2008. Let’s hope that Sega actually does come through with those maraca Wiimote sleeves!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190164

Good preview but they are idiots. How does a games magazine, you know, made by people who get paid to find out about games, who actually play preview builds of said games and receive official press releases etc DON'T KNOW that this game has downloadable content? Morons. It's on the box!!

"There's a wifi menu in the game but we were told it was just for online leaderboards" Good one!

Anyways, the game sounds amazing and I can't wait :)

Any update on the maraca shells getting lumped in with it?

NGamer aren't stupid, and Sega won't have told them anything about the downloadable content. They haven't revealed anything about it apart from Pay & Play on the box.

But don't you think Pay and Play is a bit of a giveaway? They havent even mentioned it though, it's a pretty important bit of info!

[

paynopay.jpg

Hmmm…where’s the Pay-to-Play logo on the Euro box? Let’s just hope that Sega hasn’t properly updated the boxart yet. Thanks to AusGamer for the heads up!

GoNintendo

But don't you think Pay and Play is a bit of a giveaway? They havent even mentioned it though, it's a pretty important bit of info!

See /nando/'s post. ;) Though that's Australia, who regularly get screwed over.

N-E's hands on preview is now up.

http://n-europe.com/preview.php?prid=273

Originally released way back at the turn of the century (eight years ago) on the Dreamcast, Samba de Amigo is, for those not in the know, a rhythm game - where players must shake their controller, maraca style, along to the tune on screen. If you've ever played Donkey Konga, then it is the same sort of thing. But utterly bonkers.

The first thing that will grab your attention is that this game will practically burn its way through your screen with its eye-poppingly bright visuals and Mexican flavour. As you play, grinning suns and anthropomorphic cactuses dance away in the background with your Mii characters - which are heavily featured throughout. You choose your profile from the main menu by clicking on your Mii, who is then seen bopping along to your maraca shaking.

But on to the most important part - the title's controls. The title is pleasingly controllable with both Wiimote and Nunchuck and two Wiimotes, which are held as if maracas, and must be shaken and pointed at the right time and in the right direction.

Players must move their controllers in time to the beats on screen and either up, down, or out sideways, plus at the end of their routine must perform a pose to match the random figure stick figure that appears on screen. Three difficulties segregate the vets from the newbies, with Hard requiring lightening fast shaking with each of your arms having to complete complicated routines individually. It will sure get gamers breaking a sweat, and is possibly as much fun to watch someone play as it is to play yourself!

Other gameplay options include Hustle Mode, which replaces the shaking of the maracas with large arcing swings and poses, which turns the game more into a dance game than a musical instrument simulator. There's also Love Love Mode, where two players must perform the same movements exactly together to earn points based on how synchronised they are.

Early builds of the game were found to still not quite have perfected the controls, but in our personal experience we encountered no major issues. Some of our directional shakes were definitely not being picked up in two-player, but looking at how much we were beaten by, we're willing to put this down to us just being a complete rookie at the game.

Regardless, Sega have promised the title will be perfect for launch - which still isn't until "sometime this September", we were told. There were also still a few things Sega were being secretive over - including the exact nature of the title's extra downloadable tracks. An early packshot for the title has shown it to be one of the first games to include the red online symbol denoting Pay & Play downloadable content, suggesting a pricing structure to obtain extra tunes for the game. We'll be letting you know of all the specifics nearer the time.

Online content that has been confirmed however includes online leaderboards for players to show off their best times, as well as a friend roster to keep track of your buddies.

According to Sega, the final roster of songs is still being finalised, but when asked how many roughly would be included, we were told "lots." We're expecting at least forty to be unlockable in the title, with more then to be available via download. We got to play some of the tracks unlockable from the beginning of the game, which included the Macarena, Hot Hot Hot, and Papa Loves Mambo.

We'll be bringing you more on Samba nearer its release. Keep it locked to N-Europe to be the first to know...

I spent a lot of time with samba on DC! it will work excellent with wii-mote.

Somebody knows the songs ??

Do you have a bigger image? But thats maracas shells for the wiimotes? Aweome. I cannot wait for this game :)

Do you have a bigger image? But thats maracas shells for the wiimotes? Aweome. I cannot wait for this game :)
only a little bigger:

8085670012f4b5f4lo4.jpg

not that it helps.

lol at the monkey advert further up in this thread. Hilarious, the dad is loving it WAY too much though. :p

If I do get this, which isn't likely, there's no way I'd use those stud maraca attachments!

7925ej2.jpg

Why SEGA? Why must you torment me!!? :shakehead

Just announce Space Channel 5 Wii already you... you bloody bastards! :heh:

The track list has been released.

Returning Classic songs from the original Samba de Amigo:

Vamos A Carnaval – WaveMaster*

Volare – Gypsy Kings

Hot Hot Hot – Arrow*

Salome – Chayanne*

Tubthumping – Chumbawumba*

The Cup of Life – R. Martin*

Samba de Janeiro – Bellini

Mambo Beat – Perez Prado*

Livin’ La Vida Loca – Ricky Martin*

Bamboleo – Gipsy Kings

Take On Me – Reel Big Fish

El Ritmo Tropical – Dixie’s Gang*

Macarena – Los Del Rio*

La Bamba – Ritchie Valens*

Tequila – Chuck Rio*

Soul Bossa Nova – Quincy Jones

Samba De Amigo – Bellini

The Theme of Rocky – Bill Conti*

Mas Que Nada – Jorge Ben*

Sway – Gimbel and Ruiz*

El Mambo – Solemar

All-New Wii-Exclusive Songs:

Baila Me – Gipsy Kings

Papa Loves Mambo – Perry Como*

Mambo No. 8 – Perez Prado

Conga – Miami Sound Machine*

Low Rider – War

Mambo No. 5 – Lou Bega*

Oye Como Va – Santana*

Asereje – Las Ketchup*

Arriba Allez – Bellini

Magalenha – Bellini and Mondonca Do Rio

Ran Kan Ran – Tito Puento*

Groove Is In the Heart – Dee Lite

Jump in the Line – Harry Belafonte*

Do It Well – Jennifer Lopez*

Como Ves – Ozomatli

Cha Cha – Chelo

Pon de Replay – Rihanna

Smooth – Santana*

Mexican Flyer – Ken Woodman*

Borriquito – Charo

Un Aguardiente – WaveGroup

Solo Tu – WaveGroup

Tango With Me – WaveGroup

* Denotes the song is performed by a cover band

Can we save these things to SD or am I going to be rearranging my fridge again?

I reckon it's in the fridge! :D

Are Marracas coming with the game or not then people? I've heard contridicting reports..:smile: