NEurope
Retro_Link

Samba De Amigo

http://www.jeux-france.com/news21345_samba-de-amigo-de-retour-sur-wii-.html

Samba De Amigo of return on Wii?

If one believes certain North-American retailers of them, Sega should reveal soon the existence of Samba De Amigo on Wii. The title, taking again the bases of the episode left on Dreamcast in December 2000, should be born in North America lasting the first quarter 2008.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8323/1/Samba_de_Amigo_Heading_to_Wii?

Nintendo Rumour | Samba de Amigo Heading to Wii?

Quick News: Samba de Amigo is heading to Wii, according to a local Gamestop list. The rumour suggests a Feb. 6, 08 release priced at $49.99. Be sure to stick around for confirmation or debunking. Thanks to C3 reader eastside for the tip.

I SO hope this is true!!!

It has been long rumoured and makes sense on Wii!

If anyone doesn't know what the Dreamcast original was like, here's a couple of links,

Info

http://uk.dreamcast.ign.com/objects/014/014748.html

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9e7vL5MH1o

Gotta love the Dreamcast!

This game needs a revival.....Wonder what it will do to the price of the DC set though (I paid an idiots sum for mine lol, but worth every penny)

I have never played the original. its a bongo game or something right? forgive my dreamcast ignorance.

I see then that sound like the perfect fit for wii. If it was good Then i'll look forward to this. Guess if it's 2 wiimites It can only be 2 player... Or will the nuncheck be used. guess we don't know yet.

Im betting it will be wiimote and nunchuck....Seems the most sensible route to adding multiplayer.

It was a fantastic game imho, unfortunately it was not cheap when released as the full pack and a bit boring on the dc controller. A game that never really saw its proper sales potential

YAY. I've yet to see one of these list type things wrong yet.

Happy days for me, perhaps SEGA might do something right for once?

Good Sega, now port over Shenmue 1&2, Rez and do a Panzer Dragoon and I'll call my Wii the Wiimcast. (yay!)

Even a port with waggle would do me. (The first time I've ever said that!) :D

So, just a port then? As the original already had waggle.

touche. Indeed. If it comes with two orange balloons that I can attach to two wiimotes I'm sold!

Ah, back from the holidays and news of Samba De Amigo on Wii? Happy homecoming indeed! :yay:

If ever a game was made to be ported on Wii, this is the one. It makes sense, but Sega and 'sensible decisions'' aren't very good friends these days... :hmm:

C'mon, undeniably solid confirmation! Head our way!

Just read about this on GoNintendo.

The article confirms that GearBox Software is working on Samba de Amigo, and the game will feature new and classic songs.

Gearbox? The guys that wouldn't port Brothers in Arms to Wii? The team supposedly porting Unreal Engine 3.0 to Wii?

They are making Samba Wii?!

Fantastic News! Only played the original once but it is BY FAR THE BEST Rhythm game I have ever played...

The only two non-FPS titles they've done are ports. And one of those is a 3rd person shooter.

Quite odd...especially as they are also working on 3 FPS games. Still, one of those is with Sega.

I still have Samba De Amigo boxed and fully complete for the Dreamcast and LOVE IT!

Will definately be getting this!

I swear this game is getting absolutely no hype.

It's now 100% definite and to be honest should be awesome. There is still a long way to go but provided it has some legendary songs in it, and multiplayer it's a winning formula.

Could end up a great game for me.

Why are SEGA toying with me? All I want is HotD and Virtua Cop! Well, actually I want a lot more from them, but those two are my faves. It's good that classic franchises can be easily resurected on Wii due to low development costs and ease of programming.

Games like this are fun and simple, the sort of thing people on the high street will go and pick up, have a blast with and tell their friends about.

Hold on to your horses, it's gonna start raining kiwi's!

Sega actually does something the fans want? Anything goes from now. Someone must be ill. That or an employee from the good ol' days must have been rehired.

Anyhoo: :yay:

So Gearbox is handeling it, eh? Peculiar choice for such a game, but you never know. They did a fine job on porting Halo to PC, so I hope they can get the feel of Samba De Amigo just right.

I swear this game is getting absolutely no hype.

It was confirmed yesterday night, what did you expect?