NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Resident EEEEEEEEEVIL

Well, I decided last night, at around about 12 oclock that I wanted to play a Gamecube game. I've been thinking about playing Resident Evil again for a long, long time, so I finally did it. Started up Jill's character and away I went.

The lights were all out in the room, and the only light I had was a lavender candle flickering on my desk (stfu, I like them, it keeps me calm). Needless to say, I found the game pretty tense.

It was made even more tense when I found the lighter, and went back to burn the bodies of Zombies I had earlier killed. One or two got up, to my surprise, and started attacking me! I hastily went for the shotgun and blew them to smithereens. Awesome stuff. The Crimson heads remind of the infected from 28 days later, awesome film, and they're pretty damn cool in this game.

So far, I'm enjoying it just as much as I did the first time. I urge you all to replay this, or if you haven't played it already, to pick it up. It's a classic.

Its just the ytpe of game i have trouble replaying.. i have trouble replaying most games.

Games like advanced wars i can replay but thats all i can think of.

Resident Evil 4 has big replay value IMO

But then I again I like to play games more then once ^_^

I was just re-playing Resi yesterday!!! Completed the game with Chris but it took me over 5 hours to do which I was surprised by. Its amazing how much you forget about the game like how to solve certain puzzles and the locations of some key items but it reminded me of just what an awesome game it is. I got it pretty much as soon as it came out back in '02 and it completely blew me away.

As for replay value I find all of the Resi games brilliant to play through - I can even play through the whole of Resi 2 in one sitting without saving (although it is really easy once you know what to do).:heh:

Gotta love the REmake (^^,)

Anyone else completed it 100% and got the note from the director?

This is game is still amazing though. it's one of the few games where i can safetly say the graphics are perfect. Nothing can be improved.

I did try replaying this late last year, but I just couldn't get back into it, probably because I have been spoiled by Resi 4. I just found it a chore to play, and the door loading screens were more annoying than usual!

Sill a great game tho! Think I only got scared once while playing, and that was when a few crows came through a window! Would of had liked it more if there were more zombies coming out of doors.

hink I only got scared once while playing, and that was when a few crows came through a window!

I had a similar 'unscary scary' experience....The only thing to ever scare me in that game was one of the rocks in the tunnel which ended in me getting squished pretty damn sharpish !!

Great game though and one I should consider replaying too at a point when I can be arsed.

i couldent be doing witht he controles, i sold it pretty much straight away.

as for the lavender candle, id laugh, but i have a cuddly duck you warm up in the microwave and he smells of lavender.

it was ment to be a house warming (get it?) gift for my sister, but i loved him too much and now hes mine!

I REALLY don't get what people's beef is with the controls; if your brain isn't dysfuntional, it's pretty simple.

Anyway, it's a great game, I bought the Resi DS the other month, much easier to play through more than a couple of times :heh:

I've replayed this a few times, actually I've loved it every time, however I never found Zero so easy to replay. I also found Zero a lot less enthralling after playing 4, in fact RE4 mademy value the originals a lot less.

I also don't get how Resi 4 changes peoples perception of the others, as it's nothing like them in any way :heh:

And I actually find it the weakest of the GC Resis in many ways

I've replayed this a few times, actually I've loved it every time, however I never found Zero so easy to replay. I also found Zero a lot less enthralling after playing 4, in fact RE4 mademy value the originals a lot less.

Concerning R Evil 4 i have to agree with you there. I went back to play through them again on the Cube after finishing R Evil 4 when it first came out and the controls just felt all clunky. I didnt have a problem with them before but playing through RE4 makes you see the flaws.

I still claim that RE2 is the best in the series due to the replay value and the actual story of the game. Its easily one of my top 10 games of all time.

I can still play through this game in my head, no kidding, remember back in the days of Cube-Europe i wrote a walkthrough for it, i only did that because i could remember everything without having to actually play the game :heh:

Concerning R Evil 4 i have to agree with you there. I went back to play through them again on the Cube after finishing R Evil 4 when it first came out and the controls just felt all clunky. I didnt have a problem with them before but playing through RE4 makes you see the flaws.

I still claim that RE2 is the best in the series due to the replay value and the actual story of the game. Its easily one of my top 10 games of all time.

It's the whole: "I can't see what I'm actually shooting at" which does your hea din after playing RE4 where you can shoot with pixel perfect precision. Damn, when I re-played ZERO I was shooting down the train and I honestly couldn't see a thing, all there was toreassure me was the odd grunt and groan of the Zombies.

It's the whole: "I can't see what I'm actually shooting at" which does your hea din after playing RE4 where you can shoot with pixel perfect precision. Damn, when I re-played ZERO I was shooting down the train and I honestly couldn't see a thing, all there was toreassure me was the odd grunt and groan of the Zombies.

I always found the odd camera angles help increase the horror factor.

Anyway, back to REmake, i always enjoyed playing it with that cheat you unlock that stops the item boxes from linking, so you can only take stuff out of the exact box you put in into. Great if you want to increase the difficulty and makes you think even more and planning your routes right

I always found the odd camera angles help increase the horror factor.

Anyway, back to REmake, i always enjoyed playing it with that cheat you unlock that stops the item boxes from linking, so you can only take stuff out of the exact box you put in into. Great if you want to increase the difficulty and makes you think even more and planning your routes right

I'd hate that :heh:

That's one of the reasons I liked the drop system on Zero, a 'difficutly' between linked boxes and unlinked ones.

List of stupid resident evil complaints:

1: controls

Most people refuse to learn the god damn quick turn

2: Limited ammo

it's part of the game and it makes for some good strtegy get over it:)

3: Boxes are unrealistic

ok I only heard this once but if you would like 1 item kept in only 1 box so you have to remember where you keep certain items in certain boxes then be my guest.

4: leon is gay(ok i know hes in the second but still)

Please stop

5:fixed camera

The graphics is this game would not be the same without it

List of stupid resident evil complaints:

1: controls

Most people refuse to learn the god damn quick turn

2: Limited ammo

it's part of the game and it makes for some good strtegy get over it:)

3: Boxes are unrealistic

ok I only heard this once but if you would like 1 item kept in only 1 box so you have to remember where you keep certain items in certain boxes then be my guest.

4: leon is gay(ok i know hes in the second but still)

Please stop

5:fixed camera

The graphics is this game would not be the same without it

The only thing that ever got to me is not the fixed camera, but when the design of the level means you can't see your attacker. It's frustrating to say the least!

People who whine about the lack of ammo can go and play an FPS, the whole atmosphere of the game is built up on ammo conservation and the tension that comes from it.

I personally think the fixed positions of the games before RE4 made it a more tense experience. I see RE4 more action based than horror based at times, though I also reckon they could have made the cutscenes more horrific, like maybe a plaga transformation actually taking over one of the characters. There's nothing more saddening than having to kill one of the good guys like Marvin in RE2. Saying that RE4 is a damn good game still!