NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Pokemon Wii? Where are thee?

I feel Nintendo are slipping bad when it comes to pokemon console games but PBR takes the biscuit.

How long must we wait for a full blown, console adventure? This is why I sometimes view Nintendo as a 'low' company solely looking for profit and not giving a damn about its loyal fans.

Any other company would have done this, but why is Nintendo stalling? Don't they realise how it would sell and sell consoles? ...Need to really sack a few of these old fogies...

Imagine a Wii Pokemon adventure, complete with wifi... But that thought, though physically doable, just seems like a distant dream...*sigh*

I think it is because Pokemon sells better on the handhelds. Consoles are mostly owned by older people.

If we are to use stereotypes, then it should sell just as well, because everybody knows that Nintendo consoles are for children.

Seriously, the only people I know who have Pokémon are over 16 years old, and they all have consoles as well.

I did N-Europe blog about this but to sum it up;

In my opinion they will never do this because it would be too good. It would be the peak of the Pokémon franchise and then Nintendo would have nowhere to go with it.

I did N-Europe blog about this but to sum it up;

In my opinion they will never do this because it would be too good. It would be the peak of the Pokémon franchise and then Nintendo would have nowhere to go with it.

I'm sorry but I disagree. A company dismissing a game because it would be "too good" sounds unreal.

The 2 adventure like pokémon games on Gamecube were proof that they at least tried to make something more than a battle type of pokémon game.

If they wouldn't make a certain game because it would be too hard to make a sequel than we wouldn't be waiting on Mario Galaxy :) ( granted, they sure took their time after the disaster that was Sunshine )

If they wouldn't make a certain game because it would be too hard to make a sequel than we wouldn't be waiting on Mario Galaxy :) ( granted, they sure took their time after the disaster that was Sunshine )

Why is everyone saying Sunshine was a bad game? Labeling it as a "disaster" doesnt do the game justice. I remember when it was released everyone was praising the game. Sure, Sunshine didnt have the impact of the original. It never could. Mario 64 was a game of many first: first N64 game, first 3D Mario game, first true 3D controlled game.

I found Sunshine very enjoyable. The environments may have been different, but it was very enjoyable. It built upon the N64 game. Plus, you could ride a Yoshi, which wasnt possible before. It kinda feels like people dissing Zelda: TP.

People just keep on moaning and moaning:shakehead

EDIT:

Oh and ontopic, as much as I'd love to see a true 3D Pokemon game like the handheld ones, I really dont see it happening anytime soon. Do you realize how expansive the handheld games are? Doing all of that in highly detailed 3D graphics, it would take ages to develop. I'd say it'd take 4 years to develop it, which would mean it'll be for the console after the Wii.

However, the mean reason i think it hasnt moved to the consoles yet, it because its mean attraction is because it is a handheld game. You can Pokemon anywhere, take it with you and raise them, capture them and most of all, trade 'm. On a console you're limited to all these aspects. So i'd say, no chance we'd see a full console version.

A next-gen pokemon on the next handheld with GC-like capabilities though....

Never will happen, nintendo can keep on making money making cheap ds games so why would they stop.

yeah i think it will happen but as you said in the end of the wii its lifetime a pokemon adventure rpg will arive they already have the 3D models in pokemon battle revolution they can use 2 or 2 discs for the game if it does not fit

Nah nintendo if they made one for the Wii will do something like with all the other Main Pokemon games........make 2 versions :P

Nintendo are just too lazy, they're never working on new things, just rehashes of old things. Mario in three new sports and the fiftyeighth Mario Party title. Zelda, a completely new story and world, but still using the same underlying storyline and characters every time instead of going somewhere new.

It seems to me that Nintendo are never really doing anything.... They're a huge company, why aren't they working on four or five huge titles? Why just Mario Galaxy?

A full Pokemon RPG in 3D is something we've been wanting since the n64. Nintendo can't be arsed. They'd rather rehash old stupid stadium titles because they know they'll sell and are easy to produce.

Do you see Microsoft working like Nintendo? While Nintendo are working on one, or two at the most, quality titles, and bringing out rubbish like "omg, a digital clock update for the Wii and blocking freeloader", or the new "Voting channel", Microsoft are pushing their online service as far as possible, with demos and downloadable games and etc etc.

OK, I've gone off on a tangent here, to clarify, I own a Wii, not an xbox, but this concept of the Pokemon RPG which will seemingly never come into fruition is at the core of my problem with Nintendo. They're just moving so slowly. They need to concentrate on more amazing titles if they want to win over the market. They need to stop being happy in 2nd/3rd place in the console war. Where is all their money going? Into ferraris for fatcats instead of game development?

I don't think they will, they half-tried eith XD and Colleseum, and they were bad adventure games. It's hard for a 3D to keep the momentum Pokemon does I think. Plus making all the 3D models, all the worlds and for it to be really good is very difficult.

And I agree with IMJ, Pokemon is a portable game, it just doesn't have the same feeling on a console - how do you trade properly? Or battle? Save it in your Wiimote, still kinda fiddly. Remember that a lot of people don't use wifi.

Nintendo are just too lazy, they're never working on new things, just rehashes of old things. Mario in three new sports and the fiftyeighth Mario Party title. Zelda, a completely new story and world, but still using the same underlying storyline and characters every time instead of going somewhere new.

It seems to me that Nintendo are never really doing anything.... They're a huge company, why aren't they working on four or five huge titles? Why just Mario Galaxy?

A full Pokemon RPG in 3D is something we've been wanting since the n64. Nintendo can't be arsed. They'd rather rehash old stupid stadium titles because they know they'll sell and are easy to produce.

Do you see Microsoft working like Nintendo? While Nintendo are working on one, or two at the most, quality titles, and bringing out rubbish like "omg, a digital clock update for the Wii and blocking freeloader", or the new "Voting channel", Microsoft are pushing their online service as far as possible, with demos and downloadable games and etc etc.

OK, I've gone off on a tangent here, to clarify, I own a Wii, not an xbox, but this concept of the Pokemon RPG which will seemingly never come into fruition is at the core of my problem with Nintendo. They're just moving so slowly. They need to concentrate on more amazing titles if they want to win over the market. They need to stop being happy in 2nd/3rd place in the console war. Where is all their money going? Into ferraris for fatcats instead of game development?

Why are Konami only working on MGS as a huge title? Why do Capcom only have DMC4 and RE5? Why do Rockstar only have GTA4? It's cause making a 'huge' game requires the developement team to go with it, and I'm not just talking quantity, but they all need a huge amount of experience in the field. Companies can't just desecrate great games whenever they feel like it you know, and even if they try too, whos to say it ends up a Mario Sunshine instead of a Metroid Prime?

Also I don't really get your point on Microsoft, you slate NIntendo for rehashing old ideas (Despite alot of new IP's they've set up along with an entirely new philosophy for the Wii), but fail to see every game Microsoft make it pretty much a rip-off of a very successful game. Microsoft make great games too, but they've nowhere as near as much innovation as Nintendo.

I think with Pokemon it's because Nintendo want it to be there big handheld franchise. It pretty much commands the entire pre-teen market to their handheld without any competition, and when something like PSP comes along just completely outshines it in every way. Nintendo handhelds need a game like that, a Wii version would be great but I'm not really convinced it could do much a console version couldn't.

Look, simply put the GC pokemon games were crap... But at the prospect of skilled elemental poke battles... I bought BOTH of them! Note that I am 21.

Surely Nintendo knew they released a mediocre game and reviews are proof of this, so why not start from there on making a Wii pokémon game? The 'four years' of its development would have been up by next year.

I agree with the lazy Nintendo statement, their not even trying. These games they put so much enthusiasm on, such as: Mario Galaxy and Metroid 3 honestly does not really grab my attention. If Nintendo carries on at this pace with this laziness... well I might have to move on.

Pokémon is better on a handheld anyway. What's the point of having "Pocket Monsters" that don't fit in your pocket.

Wow, you know about all of Nintendo's current projects!? Give us some info, man!

Pokémon is better on a handheld anyway. What's the point of having "Pocket Monsters" that don't fit in your pocket.

in real (in the game) life most of the pokemon are far too big to fit into your poket :P

tho i agree kinda with ashley

where would they go after that?

tho after reading your blog - i would love to be a pokemon professor in a game - that would be cool!

What's the point of having "Pocket Monsters" that don't fit in your pocket.

Dude, it's all about the balls.

Even Though Pokemon Battle Revolution isn't an RPG its still a great game.

A review i did of it when it came out:

Pokemon Battle Revolution is just what the name suggests, Genius Sonority, the developer of the console pokemon games since coloseum, have brought in many of the features that we have always wanted in a pokemon game. The few features that i think should have been in the game are, Voice control when using the DS as a controller for multiplayer, Mii support and being able to walk arround Poketopia.

The game takes place in a place much like the battle frontier from emerald know as Poketopia. Poketopia is a resort for pokemon battling with all kinds of coloseums a store an a few other places. At the begining of the game you arrive by plane to the resort and are greeted by an annying receptionist who will proceed to explain the game to you. There are a few graphic changes such as the pokemon actually go up and attack the other pokemon. plus there is a super cheesy announcer who you will get used to but he can be turned off.

One of the main features in Battle Revolution is the Battle Passes that you create and collect. Each battle pass has a trainer and a team of six pokemon to choose from before the battle. You start out with a rental pass that has a basic team and you can obtain more rental passes throughout the game (this would be usefull if you don't have diamond or pearl). You can also upload your own pokemon from Diamond or Pearl to create custom passes (more on that later). The third and final way to obtain a pass is to download a copy of a pass that a person you faced online used.

The DS upload is brilliant, it syncs all your boxes plus your party (so make sure you don't have anything good in the daycare) right onto your system memory. After doing this you can create a custom team from your d/p pokemon for a custom pass (don't worry the pokemon can be swiched out of your party and put in storage just as easily as it has been to since the third generation). The get over wireless mystery event in D/P is for getting the items from pbr to d/p (such as TMs) that you have purchased in Battle Revoultion. There is no word yet on getting event pokemon from this.

The customizable trainer thing isn't quite what we thought because you don't have anything to start so there not really that custom until the end of the game. One thing you can actually do is customize all the things your character says (for instance before the battle if he wins if he looses when he switches pokemon and when he first sends out a pokemon).

The wifi mode could probably be a stand alone game and still sell (thats how good it is). The friend code system is very similar to mario kart only you can download the person's friend pass after the match if they argree. This won't put them on your friends list it will just allow you to use the pass that they were using when the battled you.

Over all Pokemon Battle Revolution is a great adition to the Wii library and if you don't buy it you'll be missing out on a lot.

I really can't stand that reasoning.

It doesn't always have to be stuck on handhelds just because that'sthe way it's always been.

Even Though Pokemon Battle Revolution isn't an RPG its still a great game.

A review i did of it when it came out:

I love Pokémon battles... and battling trainers in stunning 3D from across the globe is nothing short of gaming heaven. I watch pbr battles on you tube regularly...

But... what the heck is revolutionary about this game? Its even worst than its stadium predecessors! Plus the fact you need a; DS + Pokemon game to fully enjoy this... and you're paying $49.99? Nintendo must really LOVE you.

Pokemon is a handheld game. A console RPG wouldn't be superior to a handheld version in any manner other than graphics, yet would lose things such as local trading, ability to take to in-store events, and simple portability. Pokemon games are designed for dip-in-dip-out.

Really, what could they do in a console version other than expensive, time consuming 3D graphics?