NEurope
Slaggis

Scarface Wii

Sorry for starting another thread, but the other one is pretty old.

I was going to pick this up next week. Is it any good? I've seen varying reviews, i.e IGN 8.4 and 1UP 4.0.

Anyone own it and have any opinons?

From 1up's review, it seems that they were trying to use the Wii Remote with their feet. The controls work well.

Did 1up massively reduce the RE4 score for the Wii version - as this is ported just as well as that?

From 1up's review, it seems that they were trying to use the Wii Remote with their feet. The controls work well.

Did 1up massively reduce the RE4 score for the Wii version - as this is ported just as well as that?

Yeh, they say its the worst version.

So scarface is pretty good then?

Yeh, they say its the worst version.

So scarface is pretty good then?

Yup. I would go into detail, but I'm using the Wii browser. I have my review on this site, anyway.

Ah, just read your review, thanks for telling me about it.

I think I might just have to pic this up now, looks too good not too. Though, is (as 1UP says), the godfather better?

Thanks for the info btw.

I own both and The Godfather is the better game in regards to controls and missions. Scarface doesn't control as well yet the locales are better, the music is better and the graphics are 'prettier'. Saying that, Godfather controls so well you find yourself ignoring all of its shortcomings. (Pasted

story elements and repetitive texture/building sets) :D

I played godfather on the PC and it was a little boring tbh, is it the same game on the Wii, just added waggle basically? If so, I'll get scarface I think. Thanks for the info btw.

I got this last week and have been plaing it a hell of a lot since then.

At first i found the controlls awkwered, but now im used to them they are fine. the controlls for driving are brilliant. easily better than gta etc.

If you liked the film you will like this. If not you will still probably like it.

Overall a good game with lots to do.

I would definitely say the godfather is better and recommend that as it is the same sort of genre, but here is my own video review of scarface wii: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pO2NfjrOxjk

It's still pretty good, but i think that my love of scarface and the godfather are clouding my judgement!

Thanks mate, I'll check it out now.

ricky gervais is in it and the main character (tony) learnt how to speak English from watching movies.. whats not to love

I got the game for my brthday, really enjoying it, but one thing I dont get it saving? Do you only save when youve accompalished something? If so how long is it between each save as I can see it getting a little annoying waiting to save!

I got the game for my brthday, really enjoying it, but one thing I dont get it saving? Do you only save when youve accompalished something? If so how long is it between each save as I can see it getting a little annoying waiting to save!

You save by going to the bank.

Once you have fought your way out of the mansion and been to speak to the bank manager you can start to save. thne you can save any time you want. As long as you arnt in an actual mission. There are banks located in all the different areas.