NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

The Darkness

Anyone gave this a go?

I have, freaking love it, Online isn't that bad but the story line and the interaction is incredible...

Graphics are top notch

Gunna rent it just before Bioshock comes out and try and finish it cos it's not all that long. Looks okay, demo was alright, Bioshock looks better but in 2 weeks time i'll have the best of both :D

I hated it >_>

I couldn't find any street signs to tell me where I was, the map was useless, the characters babbled on too long, the aiming cursor was too small and the darkness powers like summoning minions wasn't explained properly.

I loved the Half Life style - walk up to people and they start talking to you and follow you around.

there are maps, they are good to use

Got this game on Thurs and absolutely love it. The story is brilliant, especially the hills bit :D The creeping dark is so much fun as well, got to love slithering over the tops of buildings to eat peoples' hearts out!

Some of the collectibles are brilliant as well,

"If you have been stabbed press 2,

if you are being stabbed press 3,

if you are stabbing someone press 4"

Lol!

Yeah I loved this game as well. Played through it in one weekend as well which is unusual for me.

I have played it through about 3 times i think and i'm still not sure if i liked it or not...

I loved it to bits and like That Guy I played it constantly as soon as I got it. So much so that I finished it twice in 3 days.

Sorry to bring this thread up, but I didn't think it was worth making a whole new one.

Just bought this game (along with Deadrising for £30 in total!), and it's quite a curious game so far. Reminds me of the Die Hard Vendetta game for the GC in terms of graphics a little, and also Kingpin on the PC in terms of characters and general, almost 'free-roaming' ability on the streets... ok so I'm only a couple of objectives into the game, and I only had the demo for Kingpin...

But my main question is; has anyone else noticed the films available to watch on teh TV's? I've seen "The man with the Golden Arm", some version of "Flash Gordon" and "To Kill A Mocking Bird". Does anyone know if these films are the full version? I sat and watched TKAMB for about 15 minutes, and it showed no signs of slowing...

But my main question is; has anyone else noticed the films available to watch on teh TV's? I've seen "The man with the Golden Arm", some version of "Flash Gordon" and "To Kill A Mocking Bird". Does anyone know if these films are the full version? I sat and watched TKAMB for about 15 minutes, and it showed no signs of slowing...

They are the complete films, yes. Their rights have expired so they're royalty-free.

I meant to pick up The Darkness when it dropped in price. I might have to do a spot of scouting.

They are the complete films, yes. Their rights have expired so they're royalty-free.

I meant to pick up The Darkness when it dropped in price. I might have to do a spot of scouting.

I have noticed it for £18 on play.com. Prob find it at a good price in other places 2.

Bought this game on sunday. Not played much of it but from what i have played i am quite impressed, think it will be a good game.

I loved it to bits especially the storyline. I finished it on the 360 but have been toying with getting it for the PS3 as its dirt cheap now.

Saw it for £12 in CEX, and as I said Gamestation have it in their 2 for £30 deal.

Just completed it today on normal, got a fair amount of the achievements, but only half of the collectables. Going to run through it on hard tomorrow :)

A thoroughly enjoyable game, in my opinion. Very much like playing a movie, but not too much so it felt annoying.

Has anyone played the online mode? At the moment the only reason I'll buy XBL will be to get all the online achievements...

I'm surprised with this game, it seems pretty deep later on. There's some flaws that bug me a bit, randomly screwed up reactions from people and the amount of damage you're able to sustain fluctuates constantly, not to mention some early parts are frustratingly hard until you've died 4 times and figured out the right way.

That said, I think it deserves more than it's press average of 82.9% (according to gamerankings), I'd probably have gone at least 8.6 or higher, and that's mostly just from watching jayseven play (maybe my opinion will lower when I get through it...)

I´m starting to feel tempted to play trough this game again.

Really liked it when i played it, loved the ending.

Just started it again on hard and got the road kill achievement

*glee*

damn you :P I only gave that a couple of tries and gave up. Started playing it through on hard and.. damn it really is hard so far... Well I'm just about to make my way to Jenny's house. Found one collectable I didn't have already, and an extra mystery phone number.

I´m currently on my way to Jenny and it´s hard...

It´s like 3 shots and your dead.

I finally got around to playing this and... it's brilliant!

The map is a bit rubbish. After playing through the entire game that's pretty much the only complaint I have. There are other things that could be improved upon, sure, but overall this is one of the most polished games I've played in ages: every character sounds and looks different, every secret phone number has its own unique voice message, there's several animations just for getting onto a train, characters react if you walk away mid-sentence or take ages to respond, and even the graffiti scrawled on the walls isn't noticeably repetitive. The textures might look a bit blurry by today's standards, but The Darkness's world is one of the most detailed I've come across.

What really surprised me is that that bit in the orphanage actually bummed me out quite a bit. At several points during the rest of the game — such as ringing on Jenny's doorbell after the event — I felt quite resentful towards the Darkness and wished I could have stopped things from happening as they did. Maybe I'm just a wet blanket, but I like to think that Starbreeze know what they're doing.

I'm really looking forward to Dark Athena now, even if the setting doesn't really have the scope for a comparable human element. The Xbox version of Escape From Butcher Bay was easily one of the machine's best games, and I've every faith those talented Swedes are going to doll it up quite nicely; the fact that it will come with what is essentially a sequel is really just icing on the cake.

Strangely though, according to wiki there is a sequel coming but nothing has been said about it for a year...

Strangely though, according to wiki there is a sequel coming but nothing has been said about it for a year...

According to an advert in last month's Edge they're working on "unannounced titles", and I'd be surprised if a sequel to The Darkness wasn't one of them.

Aren't the developers currently working on the Chronicles of Riddick sequel?

Sign in to follow this