NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Tapedecks game music

Previous videogame music below (if not heard).

The quality is OK on these as it's just music only -- BUT when I add lyrics it's crud. The quality of the songs aren't as good as I'd like. Has anyone got any suggestions?

HAUNTED HOUSE LEVEL

ICEWORLD

NEW MUSIC (SONGS-Poor quality!?)

daddy was a coal miner (piano)

rehab (guitar song)

Good stuff man, definitely got that Rare vibe to it. icon14.gif

The first tune reminds me of Super Ghouls and Ghost.
It reminds me of the caverns tune from Goldeneye 007.

wow! High praise indeed. :D Can't say how happy I am you would hold it in regard to ghouls and ghosts and Goldeneye. Thanks :D :D :D:bowdown:

Like the Warrior one.

I can imagine it on the stat screens or world map levels of RPG's.

they're cool. I am have been doing this as well. I do game covers and try to rock em up a tad. I'll post them once I can.

but great stuff there.

may i ask what you use?

I creat everything In real time using my synthesizer. Cause I'm too lazy to insert notation.

warrior is you r best. Sounds like a fire emblem style. Not in action as such but a sad part of a story. Im bad at describing what i see:)

I just use my keyboard. Yamaha PSR9000. I record one and thenplay it over the top. Some of them are played back and I play the guitar on top. I'll post one of them at a later date. it would be cool to hear some of your stuff Metroid.

Thanks for the feedback guys, would be good to hear some of your compositions people. The more the merrier.

Those are pretty good. I imagined Banjo-Kazooie running around each level for the first three. For the fourth, some beginning to an Anime... :blank:

Anyway, good work. :smile:

Added new chinese village tune, similar to Goeman on the N64 village tunes. Instruments are stereotypically eastern :p

Right, this is doing my head in. I've written quite a few new songs of late and the quality is getting me down. I'm using cool edit pro and a microphone plugged into the PC. However, the quality I'm getting isn't too good. I've put samples at the top of the thread.

Does anyone have any tips about getting a better quality? I've no clue about sample rates etc... So ANY help would be good. :) Thanks :)

I'm guessing you're using just a bog standard computer mic?

Well, yeah, the only way you're really gonna get decent quality from a mic is getting a real mic, and audio interface.

Are there "specific" mic's? Like I said...total noob at this. I just use my built-in PC mic. (Or on laptop I use the webcam mic).

Is the quality a big difference?

Sign in to follow this