NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Metroid!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14192

Six Games Spotted Early in the Wii Shop

Super Metroid is set for a re-release at last.

It's been several months since any images have been uploaded to the Channel earlier than their respective games' release dates, but now screenshots for six games have been uncovered on the Wii Shop Channel. The first two are RPGs, Shining in the Darkness for Genesis and Neutopia for TurboGrafx-16, both of which have already been released in Japan.

The third game, Cratermaze for the TurboGrafx-16, is a an action game based on a Japanese Doraemon game but with new characters and was released as Booby Kids on the Famicom. Donkey Kong Jr. Math, which was announced in Nintendo Power and has been released in the rest of the world was also found in the Wii Shop.

The final two games are both Metroid titles: Metroid and Super Metroid. While Metroid has been re-released multiple times on Game Boy Advance, fans have long been clamoring for Super Metroid, a game often considered one of the best SNES games. While no release date is currently set, it is likely that the Metroid games will be released sometime before the launch of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on August 27th.

An additional three Sega games have been rated by the ESRB. Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master received an E10+ rating for animated blood and fantasy violence and Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole and Ghouls 'N Ghosts both received an E.

Shouldn't be too long to wait if the Metroid games are released around MP3, which I hadn't realised was so close now!

I posted this news this morning in the Main Thread, guess no one reads that :(

Still yeah its great news as Super Metroid is easily the best out of the Metroid games for me.

Yay. Can't wait been wanting Super Metroid for ages. I take it the US doesn't have the first Metroid?

Super Metroid: Whadda game! Really felt like the Alien franchise in the way suspense and being alone on a planet was conveyed. Sublime. Gumpei Yoko will forever live on through this piece of pure genius.

Super Metroid: Whadda game! Really felt like the Alien franchise in the way suspense and being alone on a planet was conveyed. Sublime. Gumpei Yoko will forever live on through this piece of pure genius.

Was he the director of this game? I'm ashamed to confess that I don't know what role he played for the Metroid franchise(except creating it).

Yay. Can't wait been wanting Super Metroid for ages. I take it the US doesn't have the first Metroid?

Nope, they don't.

Cannot wait. Never played this game, and never downloaded the first on the VC, but too many Metroid fans, this is what ALTTP was to Zelda- ie, the first 'wowza!' game of the series. Not the best, but without it, the series wouldn't be what it is today.

Cannot wait. Never played this game, and never downloaded the first on the VC, but too many Metroid fans, this is what ALTTP was to Zelda- ie, the first 'wowza!' game of the series. Not the best, but without it, the series wouldn't be what it is today.

I can see that you haven't played it yet... for starters, it isn't the game that defined the series, that was Metroid and Metroid II. And the first game was already "wowza" for the fans, the same goes for Zelda.

looking back, the origional metroid and zelda games have lost much of their impact, yet the origional zelda still seems like an epic and amazine game today, havent played super metroid yet but im assured it remains a great game

but yes, i agree the origionals defined the serise, it was after ll mwere it all degan and all the ideas came from.

I'm so jealous about those who haven't played this! It's so good it hurts. If you like sci fi and the thought of immersion and being alone on a planet this is it for you. I adored this game for years and held it on my best game ever radar all through my early teens. (Until the N64 arrived). It's crafted to perfection. I've never really liked the recent Prime series as this game perfected Metroid so much for me that I just wanted more 2D games. Fusion was good though :o

Well worth the download. Infact, it should be a no-(mother) brainer.

WTF going on? The Americans get this next week, and a Metroid channel bonus? N-E, wake up.

WTF going on? The Americans get this next week, and a Metroid channel bonus? N-E, wake up.

Dude, relax, we're not getting the game before October, so they have plenty of time to come up with something far more superior.

I can see that you haven't played it yet... for starters, it isn't the game that defined the series, that was Metroid and Metroid II. And the first game was already "wowza" for the fans, the same goes for Zelda.

The 1st two suck balls.

The 1st two suck balls.

If you had played them in it's day maybe you would appreciate them more. But they are diffult. EVen more diffcult than super metroid. The original didn't have a map to help.

The 1st two suck balls.

You suck balls.

The first game, though being a bit unforgiving, is a great game. Haven't really played Metroid 2 yet, but it seems fun for a GameBoy game.

The 1st two suck balls.

In case you talk about the first two Metroid games, then sure, they can suck all the balls they want, they are still the games that later formed Super Metroid and all the two games on GBA. And if you're talking about the first Zelda and the first Metroid, it still doesn't matter how much balls they suck, they are still the foundation of the rest of the series.

for me nes games havent really stood the test of time, exceptions being mario bros and duck hunt, but still, gotta respect the early games, if it wasnt for4 them id not have been playing the great games of today

If you had played them in it's day maybe you would appreciate them more. But they are diffult. EVen more diffcult than super metroid. The original didn't have a map to help.

Maybe I would, but unfortunatly I wasn't brought up on boring, round in circles "every room looks the same" games.

You suck balls.

The first game, though being a bit unforgiving, is a great game. Haven't really played Metroid 2 yet, but it seems fun for a GameBoy game.

No....I suck boobs and pink thanks.

In case you talk about the first two Metroid games, then sure, they can suck all the balls they want, they are still the games that later formed Super Metroid and all the two games on GBA. And if you're talking about the first Zelda and the first Metroid, it still doesn't matter how much balls they suck, they are still the foundation of the rest of the series.

I know they do, Zelda way more than Metroid though; as Metroid is really just a sidescrolling, futuristic Zelda really anyway.

I know they do, Zelda way more than Metroid though; as Metroid is really just a sidescrolling, futuristic Zelda really anyway.

Errrrrrr...... is it?

(and lol at the boobs and pink :awesome: )

i can see metroid and zelda being similar, in the get new items to progress sense, along with some back tracking element.