NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Metroid!

First of all, shame on you for using a walkthrough for your first Super Metroid playthrough.

Second of all, that walkthrough is terrible. It's vague, misses out huge chunks and gets names wrong. The game takes place on Zebes, not SR388.

Basically, you have to get the Space Jump before you can get the Plasma beam. You get the Space Jump from the main boss in Maridia.

Continue right from the sea serpent and destroy the fake Metroids

(Mochtroids). Save the game and head down with super missiles. You can quickly

take out the eye door.

The dumb dingo failed to mention that the room beyond the green door has fake spikes in it, which you must go through to get to the boss door.

Edited by or else you will DIE

hello thanks, this was posted by my brother who is 10 and this is his 1st time playing a metroid game . ive set him a challenge to complete it before other m's out and i said no help from me :P didnt know he had been using online guides little cheat :idea: and shaming my n-europe account lol

Edited by yesteryeargames

I started playing this a week ago and I'm in love.

Just spectacular. True sense of adventure and damn is it rewarding! Awesome music aswell, really adds to the atmosphere (especially Brinstar Jungle and Ridley's lair). Just battling Ridley atm, killed me the first time...wanker.

Might try and squeeze in a play through of this before Other M, though I don't think I have the time.

hello thanks, this was posted by my brother who is 10 and this is his 1st time playing a metroid game . ive set him a challenge to complete it before other m's out and i said no help from me :P didnt know he had been using online guides little cheat :idea: and shaming my n-europe account lol

That old excuse :nono:

Might try and squeeze in a play through of this before Other M, though I don't think I have the time.

This, this right here.

I replayed this a couple of months ago. It's incredible how the game still plays so well, and it manages to be so immersive, even after all of these years.

I'll be doing a SM replay before starting Other M...as soon as i'm finished Metroid II. Never felt so constantly lost in my life. Last night i actually sat up in bed with the laptop on my lap behind the gameboy (well, GBA SP), to follow a map.

I've downloaded this for the VC and have been playing it through. I've had huge Metroid cravings recently.

The level design in this is superb. It's brilliant how the game is all "linked" together. Also, it's really satisfying. Can't believe this is nearly two decades old.

I'm in Norfair at the moment and have just got the Ice Beam. Yeeeeah.

I played through all my Metroid games a couple of years ago and finished Other M this year so the next time I get bitten by a taste for some Samus action, I'm definitely playing Super Metroid again :yay:

It really is brilliant :hehe:

Playing it for the first time.

Had a brief look in Maridia, but then fell down into another region and was unable to get back, .....thus needing to take a massive detour to get back into Maridia:laughing:

Am about 5 hours in.

Lovely game though.

Edited by Fused King

Yeah, I only played this through for the first time a couple of months ago. It's, already, without a doubt one of my favourite games of all time. So superb.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This just sets the mood SO WELL in that area.

So damn creepy!

Maridia is an example of something that has disappointed me in every Metroid since - there's been absolutely nothing with that atmosphere.

It's incredibly creepy and kind of a depressing place. You're in this sunken alien abyss where there's a feeling of total desolation, the atmosphere drowning you in the same way you'd expect its dark, murky waters to do so. It has a nice visual contrast too though between the depths of its waters and then the empty wasteland of the desert areas. However, both areas are bleak.

In the 3D games and recent(ish) 2D adventures, there's nothing quite that dark and it's a glaring omission for me. The series has strong roots in being atmospheric in more ways than just feeling like you're on an alien world, it's at its best when it's moody and sucks you in emotionally simply through the environment.

Finished it (70% pick-ups) :D

Not really very big on 100%-ing games, for I have too much games to play already.

I made a start with Other M, and......My word, that stuff is good and exactly the reason why I am happy I can still look forward to a new Nintendo console that boasts lovely Nintendonline features and fabulous visuals:)

I'd say that most franchises from Nintendo should at least attempt one cinematic/story driven game. In particular, Star Fox and F-Zero.

Man, a futuristic racer rendered in 1080p and a high frames per second, along with ..... THAT GREAT GUY OF A MAN OF A HERO OF A OLIMAR RESCUER OF A HERO; CAPTAIN FALCON

Would be ever so splendid!

Edited by Fused King

So you want his participation in the Starship Emmisary made into a game? They tried it with Metroid and failed. And Metroid was kind designed for that "format".

So you want his participation in the Starship Emmisary made into a game? They tried it with Metroid and failed. And Metroid was kind designed for that "format".

Subspace Emmisary, I thank you.

and if you're talking about the failure of Other M, that'd be a difference in taste, but you can't blame them for trying something else.

What I mean is that, inside the boundaries of a certain franchise's universe, one can try lots of different things.

So I want to see some more storytelling in the F-Zero and Star Fox series.

and that's saying a lot, for I've never played any game in their respective franchises, yet I do think such a "format" should be given a chance.

Heck, I'd even like to see a Mushroom Kingdom RTS: peace:

I've been proper shit with this. I haven't played in a while with Ine being down and purchasing other games.

Tonight needs to be the night, I think.

Up Yours, Kraid!

That video is fucking awesome for 4 reasons:

1] the video itself.

2] It recommended this:

WHICH THEN IN TURN!

3] Recommended THIS!

4] The things which it recommends after, I haven't watched them yet but I'm sure they'll be awesome.

I'd say that most franchises from Nintendo should at least attempt one cinematic/story driven game. In particular, Star Fox and F-Zero.

Man, a futuristic racer rendered in 1080p and a high frames per second, along with ..... THAT GREAT GUY OF A MAN OF A HERO OF A OLIMAR RESCUER OF A HERO; CAPTAIN FALCON

Would be ever so splendid!

Sorry, was a bit busy - did you want me for something? ;)

Don't forget that F-Zero GX had the story mode with all new levels and extensive cutscenes. And then there was Falcon Densetsu on the GBA too. Short of making it something other than a racing game though, there is only so much they can push it without it feeling needless tacked on.

And Star Fox 64 was pretty cinematic as it ripped off every Sci-fi film going and with a fair amount of style too. Story wasn't anything special (didn't need to be), but you can't accuse of of not being cinematic.

The opening on the original Star Fox as the Carrier makes it's way to Corneria before the title screen gives me chills and then the way the Arwings fly out the hanger at the start when the music kicks in is awesome.

Sure it may have been running at 15fps but it was still brilliantly shot.

Sorry, was a bit busy - did you want me for something? ;)

Don't forget that F-Zero GX had the story mode with all new levels and extensive cutscenes. And then there was Falcon Densetsu on the GBA too. Short of making it something other than a racing game though, there is only so much they can push it without it feeling needless tacked on.

And Star Fox 64 was pretty cinematic as it ripped off every Sci-fi film going and with a fair amount of style too. Story wasn't anything special (didn't need to be), but you can't accuse of of not being cinematic.

The opening on the original Star Fox as the Carrier makes it's way to Corneria before the title screen gives me chills and then the way the Arwings fly out the hanger at the start when the music kicks in is awesome.

Sure it may have been running at 15fps but it was still brilliantly shot.

I bet all of those things were pretty great, but I was talking about this day and age.

Hence this 'discussion' starting with me referring to Other M.

I'd very much like to see something like that, with other universes, on this new Stream.

Mind you, I'm still hunting down F-Zero GX too get some knowledge of your avatar.

He is definitely one of my favourite NINTENDO characters, even though I've never played an F-Zero game.

That's saying a lot!!:awesome:

Edited by Fused King

I bet all of those things were pretty great, but I was talking about this day and age.

Hence this 'discussion' starting with me referring to Other M.

I'd very much like to see something like that, with other universes, on this new Stream.

Mind you, I'm still hunting down F-Zero GX too get some knowledge of your avatar.

He is definitely one of my favourite NINTENDO characters, even though I've never played an F-Zero game.

That's saying a lot!!:awesome:

Download F-Zero X on the Virtual Console immediately!!

One of the greatest racers EVER, arguably the best of the series with fantastic tracks and incredible music! One of my favourite ever games!

GX kicks its ass though :D * runs

I'm with this guy:laughing:

Finally hunted it down, can't wait to play it!