NEurope
Helmsly

Wii Firmware update: 3.0U/E

I thought so also, but sometime ago someone found out that Gamecube mode actually reacted to Wii's DVD-drivers.

Aparently if you go back and try to update again, you get this message

warning.jpg

Which is certainly interesting...

And you're so funny now. How many Wii's have crashed in total? Worldwide? If the number checks the 10.000 box, I'de be surprised...

I guess he means Wiis with Modchip that get updated with that firmware and how many of them won't work afterwards anymore (also because of the picutre thirtynine. posted)...

I guess he means Wiis with Modchip that get updated with that firmware and how many of them won't work afterwards anymore (also because of the picutre thirtynine. posted)...

I dont know if they could even detect it, even if they can, most modchips can just be turned off. None have been bricked to my knowlage except by people trying to play SPM imports with the USA firmware update.

YES YES YES YES DIGITAL CLOCK. BEST UPDATE EVER.

I don't like watches but I like to know the time.

I thought this news would make you happy, you have been complaining about this for ages. :grin:

Why didn't my Wii inform me this morning? This is great news, i shall start downloading it now. :D

i hope it doesn't break my Wii.... *fingers crossed*

Btw.: I wonder... What happens if you have a power blackout during update..? Can you resume the update then somehow or will nothing be changed or do you have to send the Wii to Nintendo...

@thirtynine.:

I wouldn't be that sure that they are undetectable although if you can turn them off you should be fine after turning them off... Also: Maybe they don't detect them but changed something which could make the Wiis to malfunction if a Modchip is present...

My Wii now fails to connect to the Internet after the upgrade, I've been using it online all morning. :blank:

So why do I get a server error code when I try to connect to online channels?

Same problem here! Having downloaded the update I can no longer connect to the net or the shopping channel...

Other than that looks ok, not sure if I like the clock yet, also is the bar at the bottom of the wii menu a darker shade now?!

Nice one.... though odd they didn't bother to send out a message to let us know.

Clock is nice, and the update to the weather and news channels.

Oh and HURRAY, a sent items list for messages sent to other Wii's (only problem is you can't "open" them in case you forgot what you said)

It's a nice update. :)

I like the Digital clock, although it is hard to get used to seeing it on my Wii menu screen.

I can get online fine having updated my Wii. The scrolling news items are Great!

My Wii menu feels more alive now. :grin:

I think its the style of the digital clock I don't like... i'd prefer an analogue clock, or at least a better font.

I'm liking the update, but now being doen to just over 200 blocks in the system memory - I NEED TO PLAY GAMES DIRECTLY FROM AN SD CARD!

The clock font is ugly and too big lol. But hey, can't please everyone I guess.

It's nice to see more features though. Just WISH for an mp3 player section now.

My internet wouldn't work neither. So I just went into settings onto my connection and clicked connect. Then it connected from there and all the channels once again worked. Hey presto! Still, wierd though.

Oh i just noticed (didn't see it mentioned here yet, maybe it was...)

When you insert and eject a game the disc slot flashes...don't think it did that before.

Also you can now eject a disc from a Wii on standby and the Wii stays on standby, before it would turn on before ejecting the disc

Same problem here! Having downloaded the update I can no longer connect to the net or the shopping channel...

Other than that looks ok, not sure if I like the clock yet, also is the bar at the bottom of the wii menu a darker shade now?!

I'm just waiting if this type of thing is prolific. Remember at the start when loads of people got error codes after the first update? I'm just waiting a couple of days to see if there are any missed problems that's all. I don't have a mod chip or freeloader but I do like to er on the side of caution. My wii is the only thing keeping me from dying of boredom at the moment, so I'd hate to loose it.

seems like wii now has USB keyboard support on the message board. :heh:

Really? How about the internet channel? Not that it's any use to me since the bloody update killed my internets. Nothing goes right for me technology-wise.

Really? How about the internet channel? Not that it's any use to me since the bloody update killed my internets. Nothing goes right for me technology-wise.
seems like internet channel needs a update for that, but WiiOS now supports it.

Well is there any explanation of why the internet has been killed for alot of us? It's really annoying as I don't like to use my computer for the internet any more, I prefer to just browse from my chair. I'll cry if I have to reformat. So many games to download. So many hilarious messages to mourn. Surely some from that GeoNAF place (lol) has put some deep thought into it.

Edit: If anyone has problems getting online, turn your Wii off at the plug, works a charm.

No nick, everything is working A-ok. any problems do what Tyson suggested: Turn it off at the plug, wait a while and then retry. It should work fine then. Mine did after being a bit dodgy initially with the internet and news channels.

Does anybody know if modded Wiis really doesn't work anymore? And if not, if the mod-chips functions are still working correctly...

When you insert and eject a game the disc slot flashes...don't think it did that before.

Also you can now eject a disc from a Wii on standby and the Wii stays on standby, before it would turn on before ejecting the disc

It did all that before.

Has anyone tested the old GameCube Action Replay?

I think its the style of the digital clock I don't like... i'd prefer an analogue clock, or at least a better font.

I'm liking the update, but now being doen to just over 200 blocks in the system memory - I NEED TO PLAY GAMES DIRECTLY FROM AN SD CARD!

yeah i don't like the style of the clock either, think the font could be more in matching with the rest of the screen.

Loving the idea of keyboard functionality...like the new lighting up when you put in a disc. think everything runs smoother now. No black holes waiting for it to load up channels (which only happens occasionally)

I managed to get mine up using the shop channel, but still having connectivity issues with the News Channel.

I'm glad there is a sign of them cutting out modders...

I'm glad there is a sign of them cutting out modders...

Well I am not that happy about it... After all modchips would currently be the only option to let US- and JP-Wii-Games run on your Wii (although I don't own one because I would prefer a FreeLoader and still hope there will be one until the time I really need it for US- and JP-Games).

Things would be different of course, if they would have just made the Wii region-free as the intentended to do at the beginning...

I can see why they'd ban the Wii import games but is it really worth their time and effort to block the Gamecube freeloader? It is basically a dead format and all they're doing is irritating those who have a sizeable import collection. And let's face it, how many of us are there?

No... I can't even see why the ban importing Wii games... Did they ever had a problem with DS and Gameboy being not region-locked? No... Because the games still get bought and even if: there probably aren't that many that do this anyway, so Nintendo Europe would still sell enough "copies"...