NEurope

I can't be bothered, as I get Astonishing Spidey anyway, so it feels slightly pointless. (It is like 3 years behind though)

Plus I hate how it's just a vehicle to put all the "cool" characters into one team. They even have Spider-Woman, just since she has connotations of Spider-Man. (Though them both being on the same team is a joke)

I wouldnt really say that. The only popular people are Spidey and Wolverine which was probably a pulls stunt, but other than that....I don't really see Echo, Luke Cage etc as pop/main stream. Its a good comic book.

Anyway, basically

The Skrulls kidnapped the Illuminati, and did crap loads of experiments and so discovered how to replicate full powers for each of the genetic tent poles of the MU.

I wouldnt really say that. The only popular people are Spidey and Wolverine which was probably a pulls stunt, but other than that....I don't really see Echo, Luke Cage etc as pop/main stream. Its a good comic book.

Anyway, basically

The Skrulls kidnapped the Illuminati, and did crap loads of experiments and so discovered how to replicate full powers for each of the genetic tent poles of the MU.

Yeah, sorry I forgot that the line-ups different from where I am currently. But even so, they're all "cool"...I suppose it's morte credible post-civil war, however.

Just finished reading both of my Invincible trades, really enjoyed them. Id read the first one before but im really looking forward to getting some more, may have to order them next week.

Just finished reading both of my Invincible trades, really enjoyed them. Id read the first one before but im really looking forward to getting some more, may have to order them next week.

You'll be pleased to know they simply get better and better.

How'd you like the moment in volume 2? :heh:;)

I may be lynched for saying this but what's a Skrull? I apologise in advance for my naivety

Only a Skrull would say that.

The short answer ; Green shape shifting aliens that can shape shift into people like Mystique, and some have powers, a famous Skrull is Klrt (apostrophe in there somewhere) aka "Super Skrull" who has the powers of the Fantastic Four.

skrull.gif

Super-Skrull.gif

The long answer ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrull

ReZ Trivia ; I have every Heroclix Skrull.

hmm both very informative. I get what a Skrull is now but I think I'd have to read the comix (I did just do that) you were all talking about to have the faintest clue of what the fuck you're on about. Wolverine a Skrull? Spiderman sells his Soul? What's this world coming to.

you were all talking about to have the faintest clue of what the fuck you're on about.

Spiderman sells his Soul?

Not necessarily the case. We read that and didnt know what the fuck was going on. :( (Lol...seriously check YouTube for "One More Day Spider-Man" you'll get vids of people burning the comic, wiping their arse on it etc)

A quick description of Secret Invasion ; The Skrulls have secretly kidnapped Marvel people and replaced them with Skrulls pretending to be humans, and we the reader are just finding out who are Skrulls at the moment.

I'm usually all for the big events Marvel have, as it actually shakes things up. never read Planet Hulk (hate Hulk anyway), but I loved Civil War.

But One More Day is like something a madman working for DC would do. Just erase history.

It's just shite.

I'm usually all for the big events Marvel have, as it actually shakes things up. never read Planet Hulk (hate Hulk anyway), but I loved Civil War.

But One More Day is like something a madman working for DC would do. Just erase history.

It's just shite.

Yeah I loved Civil War, hated that Cap gave up though. I wanted him to really beat the hell out of Stark.

Yeah but....

Spider-Man is seen dead in this issue and reverts back to a Skrull. I mean its possible that the one seen dead was actually the current one and not the one from the ship but I doubt it.

Well I read the issue. The key point I found in that scene

Was when Wolverine said "Don't mean nothing" or something. It really doesnt. They could have tens of Skrull versions of some characters (potentially) but yeah, I do see that Spidey aspect as pretty conclusive, just for closure. And plus it would just suck if current Spidey is a Skrull. We know him too well anyway in Brand New Day so it wouldnt work etc.

It was a great issue though.

And Mighty Avengers was great too! Apparently Captain Britain and MI13 SI is good (so I purchased it) and will read it soon.

--------------

Does anyone have any Avengers Movie theories?

Its pretty much a given we will see Iron Man and Hulk in it, in some form. My pre-seeing Incredible Hulk thought is that for Avengers we might see Grey Hulk, one more in control of his powers. Its a safe bet that Thor and Captain America will be in it also, due to their movies guarenteed before the Avengers film. It would be perfect if Antman comes out before Avengers is due, and hopefully he would be in it and Id consider it a perfect movie line up.

--------------

Apparently the guy who wrote the screenplay for Zodiac has submitted a script Spider-Man 4, and its apparently a two parter/big story so 4 and 5 shot simul.

Ok, it seems to be the original team line up for the avengers so far but theres 2ish slots left to fill (maybe three)

in terms of movies,

Iron man 2 (ft. war machine, maybe hawkeye? he could become an avenger)

Thor (duh :P)

Hulk (again)

The first avenger: captain america (leads them allllllllllll)

then it gets iffy, antman/giantman/hank pym/YellowJacket can't see a movie from him tbh...

Same goes for the wasp, i think they'll debut in the avengers movie

The Antman movie is already being made, Edgar Wright is making it. Its apparently going to be more of a comedy.

Aye, co written (I believe) by....Adam from the Adam and Joe show! (Or is it Joe) one of them. It will feature Pymm and Scott Lang (And if I had my way then the new Antman Eric O'Grady)

Oh please, Pymm was far greater as antman then eric, he had the uber smarts to build the avengers worst enemy ^^ the tard...

Anyways, i'm thinking of buying civil war, but all this front line and spiderman, fantastic four, avengers disarranged. Which one should i buy?

The Pinis are uploading every Elfquest magazine released except the two latest titles. They're putting up a few issues from all series every now and then but the oldest gets priority. Right now all issues from the original series and Siege at Blue Mountan are up.

http://www.elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics3.html

Oh please, Pymm was far greater as antman then eric, he had the uber smarts to build the avengers worst enemy ^^ the tard...

Anyways, i'm thinking of buying civil war, but all this front line and spiderman, fantastic four, avengers disarranged. Which one should i buy?

Id say buy the normal Civil War and then if you like it buy some of the others, they arent too important. If you do get them id say Frontline and Spider-Man had the most relevance.

Oh please, Pymm was far greater as antman then eric

Lol, well obviously, I didnt say he wasnt, but Eric is a fucking amazing character (And its about time they introduced new characters into Marvel - which they are by the bucketful in Spidey, so Im very happy at the moment)

I agree with Happen, buy Civil War and then Spidey if you want it. Id personally say the others arent very good though.

Lol, well obviously, I didnt say he wasnt, but Eric is a fucking amazing character (And its about time they introduced new characters into Marvel - which they are by the bucketful in Spidey, so Im very happy at the moment)

I agree with Happen, buy Civil War and then Spidey if you want it. Id personally say the others arent very good though.

Then what comics would you recommend? I've only got 60s to 80s style comics, so a new/recent one will do me good.

Then what comics would you recommend? I've only got 60s to 80s style comics, so a new/recent one will do me good.

I recommend -

Invincible (TPB #1-8 out I believe) one of the best super hero comics ever period.

The Astounding Wolfman (TPB #1 out within the next few months)

The Walking Dead - (TPB #1-7 out) an excellent story of human emotion, set in a zombified world.

----------

Green Lantern - The Sinestro Corps War (TPB Volume 1 is out, Vol 2 is out in a few weeks) some of the best DC stuff Ive read. No...the best.

----------

Marvel (If you want to get into recent Marvel)

Id say, jump on around New Avengers (or just before). So...

Avengers Disassembled storyline. (Dunno buy wise...prob a single TPB)

New Avengers (TPB god knows what number...approx 1-4 I imagine are out...probably more) its lesser Avengers, and more (as some guy said somewhere "Whats happening in the Marvel Universe now" comic)

then Civil War.

then Mighty Avengers (Prob only one TPB out)

then Avengers : The Initiative (Which is awesome)

then Spider-Man Brand New Day (No idea when its out TPB-wise)

and Secret Invasion, when it is out in that form.

I haven't read anything from marvel since the beggining of Brand New Days, it's hard to keep up with everything, lately I've just been readin Star Wars, which some pretty awesome comics.

In Astonishing Spidey, i'm in the middle of The Other: Evolve or Die.

I was really underwhelmed by his fight with Morlun. Just really bad. Especially considering he ripped out his eye and like killed him.

I await to see how this concludes, though I obviously know he doesn't die...

In Astonishing Spidey, i'm in the middle of The Other: Evolve or Die.

I was really underwhelmed by his fight with Morlun. Just really bad. Especially considering he ripped out his eye and like killed him.

I await to see how this concludes, though I obviously know he doesn't die...

Well, its....interestingly ok how he beats him, i wouldn't call it amazing, i wish they fleshed the battle out tbh though...

In other news.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-Complete-Comic-Collection/dp/B000HKIM7Q

Every amazing spiderman comic evar!