NEurope

I know someone whos obsessed with it but Ive never read it. I got the YA/Runaways crossover so thats my only exposure to them (and it was okay)

Joss Whedon is writing them soon...or now....so it might be worth a go soon, but I probably won't purely because the characters aren't hugely attractive to me.

Ok I've tried to get into comics before! as I do like the characters from them particularly Marvel. :)

I've gotten a spiderman one before but forgot to get the issues after it... Woops! :heh:

For someone who is just starting out what comic would you reccomend i get started on? ^____^

I'd go back in time if I were you, the eighties were a great time for Marvel, I'd heartily recommend Spiderman (both spectacular an amazing), Xmen, FF and Avengers from the early eighties, Captain America and Iron Man were great back then too, well worth a look.

And Daredevil was at his peak I'd say with Frank Miller on art duties, and talking of FM, there was a great Wolverine mini series back then too, 4 parter I think.

I'd go back in time if I were you

Im not saying you're wrong - you're right some of the 80s stuff is great, but you imply that its better than the current stuff, which it really isn't.

Im not saying you're wrong - you're right some of the 80s stuff is great, but you imply that its better than the current stuff, which it really isn't.

I couldn't really say, I haven't seen much from Marvel recently, just what I have seen seems quite contrived from when I read them.

(Although Spidey didnt come around till 1962, so the validity of your claim may need to be questionned)....But I'd be willing to give you £10 for it.

Haha thanks for the offer but its not worth that much. Its just not in good condition unfortunatley :(

Woah wtf... i just checked that link... wish it was mint >.>

Haha thanks for the offer but its not worth that much. Its just not in good condition unfortunatley :(

Woah wtf... i just checked that link... wish it was mint >.>

Yeah lol. Mint is like....probably none exist.

What kind of condition is yours in?

Fair enough. Whats your favourite stuff ever?

Dark Phoenix saga was awesome, as if I need to tell you, loved it when John Byrne was drawing FF, he totally turned the book around in my eyes giving it a whole new look. All the Elektra/Bullseye stuff in Daredevil was great, Iron Man was great in the eighties because they started bringing in the multiple armour types, I especially loved the stealth and space armour from that period. Another one I liked was Marvel two in one with the Thing, that had some great storylines, especially the Thing & Thing issue when he used Doc Dooms time machine to go back and give himself a cure Reed had developed for him that would only work on his earlier stage of mutation. There were so many great sagas and one offs back then it's just too hard to remember them all.

Before I forget, Avengers with Beast and Wonderman, fucking awesome.

All the Elektra/Bullseye stuff in Daredevil was great, Iron Man was great in the eighties because they started bringing in the multiple armour types, I especially loved the stealth and space armour from that period.

:heart: The Stealth Armor.

The first series of Marvel Legends had a variant of the Stealth armor but I never found it :(. I bet Iun has it!

And I LOVE the Hulkbuster armor.

I made my Iron Man 2 teaser trailer but cant upload it yet because the internets packed up at the moment.

What kind of condition is yours in?

The sort of condition where i was going to throw it out last time i had it out the box.

And I LOVE the Hulkbuster armor.

Got a picture? I remember it in name, but not what it looked like.

Can't be better than the space armour though, that was heavy duty to the max.

You know, i also have a comic by 200AD. Its got a purple cover and im sure its called Quincy & .... (some random name). Going to have to dig these out later >.>

Hmm, can't find a decent pic of it in a comic.

HulkbusterIronMan.jpg

The Heroclix is a thing of beauty.

050.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00085EWLU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Not impressed to be honest, looks like a Juggernaught hybrid.

Still, space armour is my favourite, that picture doesn't do it justice as the cover pic from it's initial outing. Looked more impressive in the actual comic, much bigger than that picture indicates, it's more of a mech suit than a slightly bulkier armour. Lunar one looks quite good though, undersea looks nice too, thinking back I remember that one now.

That list is missing the most recent ones.

I have to agree that the 80's Marvel comics were great (obviously I wasn't alive then, but I get the UK antology Spidey comics, and they're currently printing the Symbiote costume saga in the back strip bit).

I have the X-Men comic with Cyclops holding Dark Phoenix's dead body (or at least brain-fried). I might look up how much it's worth.

EDIT: This One

Anyone reading Secret Invasion? Skrulls invading earth again but this time undetectable and everyone is suspicious of everyone, and some rather WTF moments and thinkings on who's a Skrull and who isn't.

Personally I would say Ultimate Spider-Man as normal Spider-Man has been a bit messed up for the past few years.

Or you could do what I originally did and buy a load of graphic novels of the characters you like to read some of the arcs then maybe move onto single issues after that

Awesome! Thanks for the advice!

What graphic Novel for Spiderman should i start off with? :)

I would 100% say

[/color]

Thought id bring back this thread as im starting to get back into comics, just ordered these:

Invincible Vol.1 TPB

Invincible Vol.2 TPB

Great! I'll check them out! :D

I'd go back in time if I were you, the eighties were a great time for Marvel, I'd heartily recommend Spiderman (both spectacular an amazing), Xmen, FF and Avengers from the early eighties, Captain America and Iron Man were great back then too, well worth a look.

And Daredevil was at his peak I'd say with Frank Miller on art duties, and talking of FM, there was a great Wolverine mini series back then too, 4 parter I think.

Cool rokhed! I will check out the stuff from the 80's as well! Frank Miller did Daredevil for a while, that is great! :grin:

What is everyones favourite era for comics?

What is everyones favourite era for comics?

For me it was the 90s. I collected all the X-titles during that period and it gave some awesome crossovers such as the Age of Apocalypse and my personal favourite crossover event, Onslaught. I still have all of them up in the attic, all sealed and backed and bagged.

I was thinking of getting back into the X-men titles at the end of last year as I heard the Messiah Complex crossover was going to be awesome. Did anyone read it?

all the X-titles

That's where everything went wrong in my opinion, stick with one group, we don't need no New Mutants (how badly inspired was that titles title?) or X factor or none of that shit.

Diversification just fucks things up, keeping coherent would have been so much better for everyone.

Still haven't bought that Invincible comic that ReZ recommended to me.

That's where everything went wrong in my opinion, stick with one group, we don't need no New Mutants (how badly inspired was that titles title?) or X factor or none of that shit.

Diversification just fucks things up, keeping coherent would have been so much better for everyone.

I agree, thats why I stopped reading them not long after the Search for Xavier arc. It seemed like Marvel were just slapping X on any title. The main X-men titles like Uncanny and X-Men were always a great read though and I was quite a fan of Cable and X-Man but they kinda botched that up aswell :(

Also Marvel kinda ran out of ideas for mutants powers. For every unique mutant power there were about 10 psychics kicking around.

Anyone reading Secret Invasion? Skrulls invading earth again but this time undetectable and everyone is suspicious of everyone, and some rather WTF moments and thinkings on who's a Skrull and who isn't.

Yes, and its amazing so far. Last panel of the last Mighty Avengers = I was looking at it for like 5 minutes.