NEurope

I've got about 40 beano/dandy annuals from years back. They're in my loft somewhere I think.

But I used to love thr comics so much. Those were the days. (I feel old saying a phrase like that lol)

So do I, another phrase which makes you feel old is This takes me back to the nineties! (I'm only 16)

I never really got the dandy i didn't really like it's characters. :)

So do I, another phrase which makes you feel old is This takes me back to the nineties! (I'm only 16)

I never really got the dandy i didn't really like it's characters. :)

"This takes me back to the ninties"? I am going to have to use that soon, just to make me feel older lol. (I'm only 16 too)

The Beano was awesome. What was the dog called with that 1 big front tooth? Not Gnasher bit the other one?

"This takes me back to the ninties"? I am going to have to use that soon, just to make me feel older lol. (I'm only 16 too)

The Beano was awesome. What was the dog called with that 1 big front tooth? Not Gnasher bit the other one?

The other dogs name was Gnipper. :D

You just reminded me of him.

I'm going to dig out an old annual and remind myself of a few more characters. :)

I used to collect Beano and Dandy comics and the odd Simpson comics as well. Still got a few somewhere in the attic and one Beano comic behind a wall. Got most Beano and Dandy albums between 1980 and now.

Can't believe the price of these comics now, £1 something. I used to get them when they were 30p up until they were 55p then stopped.

I used to collect Beano and Dandy comics and the odd Simpson comics as well. Still got a few somewhere in the attic and one Beano comic behind a wall. Got most Beano and Dandy albums between 1980 and now.

Can't believe the price of these comics now, £1 something. I used to get them when they were 30p up until they were 55p then stopped.

£1 for a comic! :blank:

As a kid i had used buy the Beano for 20p and when up 2p every year and i remember being happy that Beano became in colour as well.

I remember all the comic strips that the Beano had in it.

• Dennis the Menace and Gnasher
  • Ball Boy
  • Bash Street Kids
  • Gnasher and Gnipper
  • Roger the Dodger
  • Ivy the Terrible
  • Minnie the Minx
  • Big Eggo
  • Billy the Kat
  • Number 13
  • The Yeti with Betty
  • Les Pretend
  • Splodge
  • The Nibblers
  • The Germs

I bet half of them are gone now.

My comics sum up to:

Ultimate X-Men (Getting kinda *yawn* on it)

Storm Watch

The Authority (lol sig and avatar)

Doom Patrol (An incredibly awesome comic)

Transmetropolitan (If you like the word "Fuck" and laughing then read this)

The Preacher (Just started collecting this read one book and plan on getting more).

Been planning on trying to start read:

Sandman

The Invisibles

Cable & Deadpool (Started to want this after i read the Civil War story arc about them, Deadpool is just fucking awesome)

Planetary

ah this is a cool thread, i only read the old 1960 onwards comics as all the new ones make no sense to me.

Amazing Spiderman

Fantastic Four

Daredevil

Uncanny Xmen (in my opinion the mutant massacre (sp) was the best story line, so many deaths so pointlessly at the hands of hired arms)

and Avengers which in my opinion is the weakest of them all, e.g one of their biggest plots lasts 2 issues! Xmen story lines go on for 4 to 6 issues.

£1 for a comic! :blank:

As a kid i had used buy the Beano for 20p and when up 2p every year and i remember being happy that Beano became in colour as well.

I remember all the comic strips that the Beano had in it.

• Dennis the Menace and Gnasher
  • Ball Boy
  • Bash Street Kids
  • Gnasher and Gnipper
  • Roger the Dodger
  • Ivy the Terrible
  • Minnie the Minx
  • Big Eggo
  • Billy the Kat
  • Number 13
  • The Yeti with Betty
  • Les Pretend
  • Splodge
  • The Nibblers
  • The Germs

I bet half of them are gone now.

OMG! That reminds me of how great the beano was! Although when I started buying it there was no -Splodge, Yeti with Betty, number 13 Bigg eggo, and the germs wasnt usually in it (mainly annuals). Oh how I've missed Les Pretend!

I think I threw them all away =[ I'm going to go see if I can find some.

Yeah right.

On the subject of Beano/Dandy (which I never collected, it's always been Spidey, X-men and Batman for me), my friend at school's great uncle owns D.C Thompson, the publisher of both titles. I got to go on a tour around the whole place. It was fun to see how they do/did it and stuff.

It wasn't the Marvel Comics offices, but it was interesting nontheless.

Thought id bring back this thread as im starting to get back into comics, just ordered these:

Invincible Vol.1 TPB

Invincible Vol.2 TPB

World War Hulk TPB

Ultimate Spider-Man #100-107

Trying to get some new TPBs and fill in the gaps I now have when I stopped collecting comics last year

As of December, I collected the whole Neil Gaiman's Sandman Series :)

They're really good.

Correction... they are fucking weird. :p

Ok I've tried to get into comics before! as I do like the characters from them particularly Marvel. :)

I've gotten a spiderman one before but forgot to get the issues after it... Woops! :heh:

For someone who is just starting out what comic would you reccomend i get started on? ^____^

Personally I would say Ultimate Spider-Man as normal Spider-Man has been a bit messed up for the past few years.

Or you could do what I originally did and buy a load of graphic novels of the characters you like to read some of the arcs then maybe move onto single issues after that

Uncanny Xmen :P

Spiderman starts off too slow in the first volume, whereas fantasic four is too wordy for beginners, but Xmen's straight in there with complex plots and action!

Anyone read The Boys? If I had money I´d buy more but alas...

There are so many comics I want to buy but lack of money has put me back...

Are there any opinions on All Star Superman? Been hearing good things about it and I´m tempted to buy it.

I read the first two issues and thought it seemed ok but lately ive read people saying its really good so I may look into the TPB myself

Correction... they are fucking weird. :p

In comics, weird is good.

Everyone with an interest in madness/Batman should read Arkham Asylum, the graphic novel. It's a great story, with beautifully deranged art.

For someone who is just starting out what comic would you reccomend i get started on? ^____^

I would 100% say

Invincible Vol.1 TPB

Invincible Vol.2 TPB

Considering its the best comic out currently. I cannot stress enough how awesome it is, and how much I would encourage folk to read it.

Happenstance will fall in love with it.

Everyone Ive gotten into "The Walking Dead" has fallen in love with that too, because its insanely good, its a zombie comic so not actually super hero.

The best Spidey book for beginners is Ultimate Spider-Man because it starts from the beginning and its amazing, and very relatable and funny.

Spider-Man Brand New Day TPB #1 is probably out soonish (I would imagine) and is really very good, and just looks to be getting better (Shame they bastardised years of continuuity before starting it) but meh.

Finally (I don't know if this is out yet either) but it probably will be soon if not know is Green Lantern ; Sinestro Corps War TPB. You don't particularly need to know much about the mythos in order to appreciate this story. It was 12 issues long in the main series, absolutely mind blowing. The last issue has like a double or triple cliff hanger/OH MY GOD Im crying this is so good moment, and its also a good jumping on point for the impending ZOMG storyline "Blackest Night"

Oh yeah one more, theres a brand new comic "The Astounding Wolf-Man" TPB #1 is out in a month or so and its fang-freaking tastic. Really really really amazing for a new series.

Very very sick indeed.

I have some really early spiderman comics like issue 2 from 1961 or something.

Collected judge dredd for a while but can only find the comics that came out around the time of the movie. Um lots of other things like the streetfighter comics, beano & dandy. I stopped collecting them about 5 years ago though they take up too much room.

Think i might eBay what i have left aswell now :P

Happenstance will fall in love with it.

Yeah I read the first few issues online awhile ago and really liked it so thought it was time I read more.

Its gonna take me ages to fill in these Spider-Man gaps ive now got in my collection. Wish I hadnt stopped buying them for more than a year now!

I have some really early spiderman comics like issue 2 from 1961 or something.

Think i might eBay what i have left aswell now :P

Just bipass the middle man and sell straight to me.

(Although Spidey didnt come around till 1962, so the validity of your claim may need to be questionned)....But I'd be willing to give you £10 for it.

:)

Yeah I read the first few issues online awhile ago and really liked it so thought it was time I read more.

Its gonna take me ages to fill in these Spider-Man gaps ive now got in my collection. Wish I hadnt stopped buying them for more than a year now!

Yeah Invincible gets SICK at a certain point in Volume 2.

Which Spider-Man comics do you need? My local store has quite a lot of recent back issues, and Im sure they would send out to you.

They are on 01494 786965, and are very friendly if you want to give it a whirl. (My names Mike Jamieson if they ask who told you about them...they prob won't but yeah)

Oh and they're pretty reasonably priced.

Thanks I might give them a ring, im going to check my local store tomorrow first as they are usually pretty good with back issues. Its more me moaning about having to pay all the money than anything.

Have you read Runaways by the way? Its one I always hear is amazing but havent got around to reading myself yet.