NEurope

What the hell Letty.

I have quite a few really old Beano comics laying around somewhere in a pile.

Plus some others, Dennis the Menace and that lot.

Calamity James, Despersomething Dan, Some Ostrich. These off the top of my head.

I used to get Ultimates, Ultimate Iron Man, Avengers, New Avengers, Iron Man and Transformers Infiltration.

Now I live in China, I can't find any.

The Angry Youth Comix are my favourites, Boobs Pooter especially, though Ghost World and Optic Nerve are damn good too.

Have you heard what they've done to the Dandy? It's now called Dandy Extreme. Pathetic, eh?

Haven't got many comics but a fair few collected editions.

Only comics I have are a Judge Dredd/Lobo crossover and a X Men/Star Trek crossover.

Collected Editions I have are

ABC Warriors - Mek-nificent Seven

Strontium Dog - Portrait of a Mutant

Superman - True Brit

Judge Dredd vs Aliens : Incubus

All Judge Dredd

Oz

Necropolis

Wilderlands

Judge Child Quest

Judgement Day

Total War

Helter Skelter

Three Amigos

Heavy Metal Dredd

Tale of the Dead Man

I think that's all I've got now.

Used to have absolutely mountains of Marvel when I was a kid though and lost a collection of over 500 issues of 2000AD about ten years ago.

Dunno if it counts as collecting, but Currently downlaoing when it's out World War Hulk and it's add ons, bloody loving the series, just wish there wasa comic book shop near here, not going to bloody Meadohall to buy comics everytime ones out >>

Just finished work and got back from town, I broke down and did buy some single issues aswell as a TPB.

Ended up getting:

Batman The Long Halloween TPB

Ultimate Spider-Man 111

Astonishing X-Men 21

Sensational Spider-Man 39

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man 22

Amazing Spider-Man 542

Buffy Season 8 1-5

Haven't got many comics but a fair few collected editions.

Only comics I have are a Judge Dredd/Lobo crossover and a X Men/Star Trek crossover.

Collected Editions I have are

ABC Warriors - Mek-nificent Seven

Strontium Dog - Portrait of a Mutant

Superman - True Brit

Judge Dredd vs Aliens : Incubus

All Judge Dredd

Oz

Necropolis

Wilderlands

Judge Child Quest

Judgement Day

Total War

Helter Skelter

Three Amigos

Heavy Metal Dredd

Tale of the Dead Man

I think that's all I've got now.

Used to have absolutely mountains of Marvel when I was a kid though and lost a collection of over 500 issues of 2000AD about ten years ago.

Yeah, my dad has tons of Judge Dredd comics, as well as Disney ones.

Yeah, my dad has tons of Judge Dredd comics, as well as Disney ones.

Disney? Poor bastard.

Good on him for the Dredd though, 2000AD is pretty much the shining light of British comics, it's not what it used to be these days though, but the same can be said of todays Marvel and DC comics too.

Used to get Beanos, then every Xmas I got the annuals =]

Then went through a phase of Simpson Comics. They were awesome.

Have you heard what they've done to the Dandy? It's now called Dandy Extreme. Pathetic, eh?

A quote from the Dandy editor:

They still enjoyed The Dandy, but if they were going to buy it themselves they expected more than just 'a comic my dad used to read. They required a guide, packed with the stuff kids need to know to stay in the loop - a lifestyle magazine attuned to their hectic lives, featuring all the latest trends, must-haves, must-sees and must-dos.They made us promise to retain comics, but suggested we make our characters cheekier, edgier, and more extreme.

Sorry what? Hectic lives..... latest trends..... stay in the loop. They're 10 for gods sake! Why do children who have only just started learning multiplication need a lifestyle magazine. Honestly I pity kids today.

Anyway, I have a massive pile of Beanos that I collected for about 5 years until I was about 11. There are some of my sisters ones in there as well from early 80's. They may be worth something some day.

Used to get Beanos, then every Xmas I got the annuals =]

Same here i used to have so many Beano comics just in huge piles under my desk. I collected for years, i saw the price increase from 40p to 70p in those years!!!

Unfortunately I had to get rid of them. :( (created to much of a mess)

i also used to get the annual every year i think i have the annuals from 1995 to 2005. :D

Those were the days.

Aha this thread. Awesome-oh.

As said in tuther thread Tellyn, I mentioned the Comic Shop in Leeds. Anyway I get ;

Ultimate Spider-Man

Ultimate Fantastic Four

Ultimates

New Avengers

Mighty Avengers

Avengers ; The Initiative

Moon Knight

Uncanny X-Men

Iredeemable Antman

Batman

Green Lantern (For the time being)

Green Lantern Corps

Young Avengers (When it restarts)

(And about 4 or so more Im forgetting...Which probably means they arent very good ;))

Mini Series

Ultimate Power

World War Hulk (Yawn)

Generic Marvel Event. Lol.

Ashley if you are going to get into comics, these are what you need to try out to "dip your feet, test the water" as it were.

Ultimates (Vol 1 and 2) now in TPB (Trade paper back) form. Should be cheap. An excellent super hero comic, set in current times, quite political and "realistic" excellent comic.

Ultimate Spider-Man. See above, but more conventional super hero-ee more light hearted, very relatable indeed. The writer is superb at dialogue.

Young Avengers. Its normal Marvel Universe stuff, which is good to get into their world, and this comic is so great. Its written by one of the co-writers of The O.C. which should give an idea of what its about. Its got lots of fantastic twists also, and is one of my favourite comics. Should be either 1 or 2 TPBs of that, as theres only been about 12 issues.

Although that statement is true....YA isnt really a spin off...

You can tell it is, if you think hard enough about it.

Same here i used to have so many Beano comics just in huge piles under my desk. I collected for years, i saw the price increase from 40p to 70p in those years!!!

Unfortunately I had to get rid of them. :( (created to much of a mess)

i also used to get the annual every year i think i have the annuals from 1995 to 2005. :D

Those were the days.

DUDE! have you seen it nowadays! Its gone up to like £1 something! However I'm not sure what they've done but the ink or whatever they use is different now so it the designs are looking spiffy! I miss the Ball Boy =[ That dude was a legend!

Beano/Dandy talk makes me want to puke.

Those kinds of comics arent what we are talking about. Lawl.

Well its what me and Coolness Bears are just commenting about.

If we have to be uber strict and stick to you're talking about, I was round my mates today and was reading the spiderman comics.. pretty good except I hate it when peter parker has to use a device to shoot webs and not have webs because of his spider power =[

Teehee, Sorry if I came off a little rude man.

Yeah Spideys webs are organic in 616 ("Regular") Marvel Universe.

Also...looks like Mary Jane and him are splitting up soon. That could be cool.

Theres some comics Im uber looking forward to soon. *Cough* New Avengers*Cough*

Its a thread about comics. Beano/Dandy are both comics. Therefore expect some people to mention them. :p

I used to get them when I was younger, but as people have said the price slowly kept rising.

Ther was that/still is that whole thing about if you read Beano, you're straight and if you read Dandy you're gay. Or have I got that the wrong way round? Very random.

DUDE! have you seen it nowadays! Its gone up to like £1 something! However I'm not sure what they've done but the ink or whatever they use is different now so it the designs are looking spiffy! I miss the Ball Boy =[ That dude was a legend!

Up to a pound. MADNESS!!! *faints*

Especially when it hasn't changed by getting any longer, Although the paper it's now made out of is smooth and shiny now maybe that jacked up the price a bit. :D

The way the characters are drawn these days is weird aswell.

i miss reading about Dennis, Roger, Minnie, Ivy, Ball Boy, the Three Bears and the Bash Street Kids. They were great. :)

Up to a pound. MADNESS!!! *faints*

Especially when it hasn't changed by getting any longer, Although the paper it's now made out of is smooth and shiny now maybe that jacked up the price a bit. :D

The way the characters are drawn these days is weird aswell.

i miss reading about Dennis, Roger, Minnie, Ivy, Ball Boy, the Three Bears and the Bash street Kids. They were great. :)

I really liked them when I read it.

I really liked them when I read it.

i think the only Beano Comic i have left now is a Bash Street Kids Halloween Special which at the time i found hilarious. :D

i think the only Beano Comic i have left now is a Bash Street Kids Halloween Special which at the time i found hilarious. :D

I've got about 40 beano/dandy annuals from years back. They're in my loft somewhere I think.

But I used to love thr comics so much. Those were the days. (I feel old saying a phrase like that lol)