NEurope

Spider-Man Musical Reviews Round-Up

Dunno if any of you have been following the development of this tragedy, but...yeah. Most expensive musical ever created, and halted by one technical problem after the other for a year or so. Been in development for donkeys years, and now the first OFFICIAL reviews are in, even though it's been getting bad press for months.

:/

Yeah its lol/embarrassing. Notice how U2 havn't been mentioned pretty much from since its been having bad reviews/press, I lol.

-------------

McGUinnenenssss is amaizng, I love him so much. CHeck this out. ohE ONLY doing teh cover though. Still cool.

1297270696.jpg

Spider-Man, Captain America and Iron Man have saved the Marvel Universe time and time again, but now it’s up to their protégés to step up and leap into their BIGGEST adventure yet! This May, critically acclaimed writer Paul Tobin and artist David Baldeon are throwing Earth’s Mightiest heroes-in-training headlong into Avengers Academy Giant Size #1 – an 80-page extravaganza of ALL NEW story spotlighting the next generation of Marvel heroes for just $7.99! That’s the size of FOUR of our competitor’s books!

“This story brings together our most popular teen heroes and fan favorite creators for a truly giant-size story set right in the thick of the Marvel Universe at an incredibly affordable price.” said David Gabriel, Marvel’s SVP of Sales & Circulation. “There’s simply no publisher today putting out this amount of all-new material for such a great value.”

With the Marvel Universe at stake and Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man and the rest of the Avengers unavailable to help – it’s up to the students of Avengers Academy to team up with Spider-Girl and the Young Allies to save the day! Can this triple threat pull together or will they break apart as they’re forced through a circus of sadism by the one and only ringmaster of Murderworld? Find out as Marvel’s heroes of tomorrow get put to their toughest test yet this May, only in Avengers Academy Giant-Size #1!

AVENGERS ACADEMY GIANT-SIZE #1

Written by PAUL TOBIN

Pencils by DAVID BALDEON

Covers by ED McGUINNESS & CHRIS SAMNEE

Rated A …$7.99

ON SALE THIS MAY!

Myeaarh.

detail.jpg

detail.jpg

Spider-Man looks too much like Fantomex to me. Plus him going around with yet another team, its Wolverine all over again.

FF_1_Cover.jpg

Yeah, so what's the deal with Spidy and the Fantastic Four? Costumes look so slick.

Human Torch is dead.

So now it's the Fantastic Three (kinda) + Spidey, who was always kinda the unofficial 5th member (if there would have been one). Plus he was best friends with Human Torch, so yeah. Tribute I assume. Not read the issues.

Invisible Woman looks less fun in that last picture, but yeah the costumes blow me so roughly.

Well I finally did it, after all my indecisiveness over getting single issues again I got some today. Unfortunately despite it being new comic day for them, they had a bit of a pitiful collection so im ordering more tomorrow when Reed updates its site.

SDC10402.jpg

Gorgeous cover. Despite not getting the trades it might be nice to have this one (Viltrumite War in entirety, if that wasn't obvious)

tumblr_lggkiuogL51qglmjyo1_500.jpg

I'm lolling so much. The stars have aligned. I bought (and have read this week at lunch) Next Wave (nearly finished it) its really good (has anyone else read it) anyway, and todays clix preview is The Captain. SO LOL. The card has so many references I'm lolling so much. Amazing.

the_captain_054.jpg

I'm lolling so much. The stars have aligned. I bought (and have read this week at lunch) Next Wave (nearly finished it) its really good (has anyone else read it) anyway, and todays clix preview is The Captain. SO LOL. The card has so many references I'm lolling so much. Amazing.

the_captain_054.jpg

Hmmm, I need to make a decision on which comics im gonna go back to collecting in single issues full time. So far its just Avengers, New Avengers and maybe SHIELD. ASM im only just managing to read so I think paying money would hurt too much. Ultimate Spider-Man is still a maybe though as I have big collections of both the single issues and the trades for that so im not sure. A lot of the rest of the books I keep thinking I should just wait and get the trades but im not sure.

Why do you buy singles? (Genuine question, like do you like reading the story as soon as it comes, or like having the physical issues).

Invincible FTW TBF.

I have just missed having the actual issues of things when they come out, I find I can appreciate the art etc a lot more that way.

Invincible is a no, neither Reed or my comic shop order any in, plus I already have all the trades so far so theres no a lot of point getting singles now.

Reading single issues is like watching a TV show and waiting a month between act breaks. :blank:

That also spoils one of the cliffhangers in the recent New Avengers issue (not that it wasnt obvious anyway though).

But yes, its nice art. I first saw Immonens work on Ultimate Spider-Man and was never massively impressed, I think that was because I was always comparing it to Bagleys work instead of seeing it for what it was. It wasnt until New Avengers that I really started appreciating his art.

Oh and I went back to my comic shop yesterday and bought Kick Ass 2 #1 as I realised I forgot to pick it up Thursday night with the rest of my comics.

(Oh woops. The issue in your post? I havn't read it yet :()

Gonna pick up today.

Also I sent Tetley and Jean Grey reading Chew into Chew so hopefully they'll be printed in Chew soon.

Sorry, that spoiler thing wasnt aimed at you. More at Marvel for releasing the image so soon after New Avengers #9. I dont mind either way, im a spoiler whore.

Oh no yeah thats cool. I'll grab it today.

Looking forward to reading Spider-Man too. Might pick up Flash as the premier hardcover is out.

What do you guys think of the recently named "Power Woman" then? I dont particularly like it myself, no costume and I never really liked the name Power Man so Power Woman isnt much better. Plus I dont think she needs to be linked with Luke Cage so much all the time.

I havent been reading Secret Avengers but has Beast gone back to a more ape like creature? Im sure ive seen a few recent promotional images and possibly an Avengers issue where he doesnt seem to look like a cat anymore.

You know its typical, for months now I kept looking at the Superman: Brainiac trade in Waterstones. Then today when I finally decide to pick it up on my way home, its not there anymore!