NEurope

I havent read any of Mighty Avengers as the roster never really interested me but im enjoying New Avengers at the moment. I do think though that they need to give Spider-Man his big, justifying moment for being on the team. A lot of characters have had theirs and its suprising that a character as big as Spidey hasnt been given one. So far there really hasnt been a lot of point him being there.

Scarlet Witch!?

the fuck?

Aye. *Shrugs*

Erm in awesome news.

Invincible #66 = Out Next Week.

I didn't like Kick Ass 7 at all :/ the violence is stupid and it blends the ultra realistic with the stupidly unrealistic (as if a girl that size could do that with those swords) and has all the most interesting characters lose all the time just for the sake of being miserable and violent.

Just read some of the Dark Wolverine issues and considering how dull the character seems to be in all the other books, I thought he was really interesting in these. Definately added more to him than just Logans boring son.

so about The List

Is it a series of one shots or will it be part of ongoings as well?

I think the idea is thus: They're one shot issues in that each is a self contained story and doesn't lead up to the next issue but, overall, The List is going to set the stage and tone of the final chapter of Osborn's Dark Reign.

W/ Superstar teams also. Apparently. Which holds true for most of them actually.

Secret Warriors by Jonathan Hickman and Ed McGuinness!!!!! (EPIC GASM)

Punisher by Rick Remender and John Romita Jr!!!!!! (EXPLODE ZIM)

Spider-Man by Dan Slott and Adam Kubert!!!!!!!! (EPIC CHAM)

You know, I just don't like The Punisher. While I can see it has potential for carrying gritty crime drama all I've ever seen from it as a series is one note shock tactics and appalling far right politics. I'm not sure what got him a place on The List at all. Norman has more pressing concerns than Frank Castle I'm sure.

You know, I just don't like The Punisher. While I can see it has potential for carrying gritty crime drama all I've ever seen from it as a series is one note shock tactics and appalling far right politics. I'm not sure what got him a place on The List at all. Norman has more pressing concerns than Frank Castle I'm sure.

The Punisher series is awesome. And Punisher tried to kill him, and escaped from The Sentry when Norman put the Sentry on him, and he keeps purposefully busting Norman and The Hoods drug rings and crime rings etc.

So I read Red Tornado #1 today, was pretty good, can see myself buying the furture 4 in the series.

The whole race between him and his evil sibling (Red Volcano) to who can find their other siblings (Which I geuss are all other elements?) first is interesting...

I want moar comics nao!

I never realised what gmac's avvie was. I always assumed it was some weird, graveyard scene with a man on the left and the moon or something, as I've never actively looked at it.

So I read Red Tornado #1 today, was pretty good, can see myself buying the furture 4 in the series.

The whole race between him and his evil sibling (Red Volcano) to who can find their other siblings (Which I geuss are all other elements?) first is interesting...

I want moar comics nao!

- Invincible

- The Walking Dead

Recently started comics/easily-jump-on-able-comics

- Ultimate Comics Spider-Man

- Fantastic Four (Havn't read yet but the creative team means its safe to assume it'll be great)

General rule of thumb = avoid anything DC that doesn't have "Green Lantern" or "Batman" in the title.

Buy everything by Image.

Will definitely buy the Invincible volumes from Amazon next week when I get paid, since that seems to get alot of attention on these forums ^^

Think I saw that Ulitimate Spider-man in the comic store today, so might aswell pick that up when I am next in town (This Friday), might pick up some other random ones which I like the look off.

I honestly didn't know comics where this cheap, I thought they were something like a £5 - 6 each.

I swear when I originally had some X-Men comics like 8 or so years ago I paid something like the above price >.< (Although their paper that was used was much thicker?)

I forgot to tell you all how Awesome Ultimate Avengers just got again. Ultimate Red Skull has easily one of the best badguy origins I've read in ages. Perfect polar opposite of Cap

And Hawkeye remains spectacularly brilliant in Millar's hands.

it got awesome again when there's only been 2 issues? ;)

but yeah loved the Red Skull origin, and love how Millar writes Cap as well

=============

So new Batman & Robin this week, new artist on board for this arc though so should be interesting to see how much it differs from Quitely

plus ofc new Walking Dead and Captain America as well!

lol only just found out that both Morrison and Quitely are both from Glasgow ;)

Bah not the film for the JLU series. :(

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

An original story from award-winning animation/comics writer Dwayne

McDuffie (Justice League) rooted in DC Comics’ popular canon of

“Crisis” stories.

Bruce Timm (Superman Doomsday, Green Lantern) is executive producer.

Lauren Montgomery (Wonder Woman, Green Lantern) and Sam Liu

(Superman/Batman: Public Enemies) are co-directors.

Owl-screen2.jpg

JL+Lex2.jpg

In Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, a “good” Lex Luthor arrives

from an alternate universe to recruit the Justice League to help save

his Earth from the Crime Syndicate, a gang of villainous characters

with virtually identical super powers to the Justice League. What

ensues is the ultimate battle of good versus evil in a war that

threatens both planets and, through a diabolical plan launched by

Owlman, puts the balance of all existence in peril.

All-star voice cast led by Mark Harmon (NCIS) as Superman, James Woods

(Ghosts of Mississippi) as Owlman, Chris Noth (Sex and the City, Law &

Order) as Lex Luthor, William Baldwin (Dirty Sexy Money) as Batman,

Gina Torres (Serenity, Firefly) as Super Woman and Bruce Davison

(X-Men) as the President.

I honestly didn't know comics where this cheap, I thought they were something like a £5 - 6 each.

I swear when I originally had some X-Men comics like 8 or so years ago I paid something like the above price >.< (Although their paper that was used was much thicker?)

Sounds like they might have been the UK re-prints. They were about £3 I think. Dunno. *Shrugs*

it got awesome again when there's only been 2 issues? ;)

but yeah loved the Red Skull origin, and love how Millar writes Cap as well

=============

So new Batman & Robin this week, new artist on board for this arc though so should be interesting to see how much it differs from Quitely

plus ofc new Walking Dead and Captain America as well!

lol only just found out that both Morrison and Quitely are both from Glasgow ;)

In comparison to Loeb's run after Millar's original Vol 1 and Vol 2, yes.

New TWD should be amazing. Must pop to town tomorrow or something.

I liked Red Skulls new origin aswell, nice explanation for how he is the way he is, both in appearance and motivation.

Im probably going to head into town tomorrow and pick up some more trades while I wait for Invincible Vol.10, Civil War and Green Arrow: Crawling Through the Wreckage to turn up. Not sure which ones yet though, maybe some more Year Ones, New Avengers to replace the single issues i'l most likely sell at some point or some Spider-Man.

Thats a thought actually, if anyone is interested in buying some single issues off me then let me know and I can write up a list of what I own.

Wow....I just realised I only read half way through Ultimates. HAHHAHAH! What a fucking idiot. I'm gonna read the other half now.

I can say with confidence now: I Absolutely Do Not Give A Fuck About The New Mighty Avengers Lineup. It's just...ass. Compared to the previous lineup where it was Stark and Danvers hand picked registration squad, this lineup is awful. Nor does the series have the compelling underground premise of New Avengers.

The latter team is excellent, though. Rohnin as team leader is great and Bucky's Captain America is really cool too. I like how different they've made him (as opposed to just fitting right in to the role)

New Dark Avengers is out this week too. Hopefully they'll finally get around to the Marvel Boy storyline that was unceremoniously dropped just before Utopia.

Blackest Night #3 Captain America #3 and TWD #65 were all fucking amazing :D