NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

City Stereotypes

Nice way to go in the opposite way of the topic direction.

[state your city stereotype not bash people for stereotypes]

Couldn't hold it in, plus villan put the point forward for brum.

@thirtynine- I live in the borough of Bromley, off the outskirts of south London. Where do you live?

I agree with you on the 'robbing' part. I'm not mixed race, but all you have to do is put some gel in your hair, and old ladies especially, keep their distance. Which is always good.

@Chris the great

I never noticed that we pronounced grass like that! Yeah, call it a draw.

Clapham. Real London :P

actually - i would have u know - my accent rules the lot

What type of Northern accent do you have? Is it like the harsh Belfast one? Or like the soft Donegal one?

I have a Wexford accent which is a great boggar accent!

Proud to be a Londoner personally. We rock

Totally :)

The thing is people outside of london dont realise that it is the best thing in the universe. And the center of all of britan.

What type of Northern accent do you have? Is it like the harsh Belfast one? Or like the soft Donegal one?

im not quite sure.. its not like the belfast accent ( i surely hope not)

i like to call it the ballymena lilt

but u cant really know unless u hear it

ive got a mate from southhampton who dosen't class london as south. ive called him a pretentious wanker more then once. blindly conservative. easy to beat in debates.

gotta say, alot of girls like geordie accents, there not bad, but not every one in newcastle in nails and straight out the coal mines.

I live in Scunthorpe, its between Hull and Doncaster and has a reputation as being a chavey hole of a town. To some extent its true, but it really annoys me when people (especially londoner's) think their town is better, and have the stereotype that I'm instantly scum. To me the difference is that in Scunthorpe, I can have a friendly chat with someone in a shopping queue, talk to old people at the bus stop, or ask directions from anyone. I once said hello to someone on the tube and three people moved carriages because they thought I was crazy. Yes London has a lot more going on, but I'd rather live in a dump of a town where you can smile at your neighbour and not get committed.

Alot of Girls get turned on by the scouse accent. I'll have you know ;)

In all seriousness I don't have a very broad accent, granted you can tell I'm scouse but it's not broad and infact it's more of a deep one.

I hate lodoners most of the type-the stereotypical ones-who judge everything geographically in its relation to london. If they had their way about 80% of the UK would be called 'the north'. And of course they're not southerners are they? nooo, london is the centre of the universe. fucking ass wipes.

Yeah, but London is the biggest, richest, most famous and best city in the UK. Manchester, on the other hand, is a bigger, richer, better version of Liverpool. What has Manchester got?

'Ohhh, there's a canal, oh and a pretty little skyscraper.'

And you're near Blackpool, so ftl.

@conzer16- It seems when you live in Dublin, you can't win.

Yeah, but London is the biggest, richest, most famous and best city in the UK. Manchester, on the other hand, is a bigger, richer, better version of Liverpool. What has Manchester got?

'Ohhh, there's a canal, oh and a pretty little skyscraper.'

And you're near Blackpool, so ftl.

Takeo is a Brummie, he's not from Manchester, just living up there.

I dare you to insult Birmingham, go on, see what happens...

I live in Newcastle, but my accent is hardly geordie. I Don't have one so much as....well English =P (or Nothern English). I find Tynemouth to be generally a very nice area, but North Shields (for the most part) is much worse. Get charvs here like anywhere else really.

I like where I live, but I think I would prefer to live in a rural area. :)

I own a cotton mill, and I have a gun.

got nothin on me. I eat steel out of a flat cap

It annoys me when people say Milton Keynes is full of scene kids and chavs. It is, but still...

And omg don't even get me started on the 'emo tree'...it's a terrible site.

Takeo is a Brummie, he's not from Manchester, just living up there.

I dare you to insult Birmingham, go on, see what happens...

Nah, my mom comes from there, so I best not.

Lol I live in Limerick you have no idea...:)

Ha yes it is but nice all the same:)

It annoys me when people say Milton Keynes is full of scene kids and chavs. It is, but still...

And omg don't even get me started on the 'emo tree'...it's a terrible site.

what the sweet fuck is that?

Some people are too proud of their city though. It's a very irish thing to hate the city you live for some reason but you hate when others diss it.strange

Some people are too proud of their city though. It's a very irish thing to hate the city you live for some reason but you hate when others diss it.strange

I just find it really ignorant when people think we go around in Shellsuits....Have Afro Type thingave mustaches, and go around saying Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye every 5 minutes...

Some People...

*tut*

tis strange - i dont hate ballymena - but theres aspects of it i hate

but if someone slags it ( or the accent) off - im very protective :D

I just find it really ignorant when people think we go around in Shellsuits....Have Afro Type thingave mustaches, and go around saying Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye every 5 minutes...

Some People...

*tut*

i say aye loads of times

:D my mum tells me off as apparently its very bad manners - even tho she says it

I'd hate my city too, if it wasn't Cork.

im from leeds, which is in yorkshire(for anyone who didnt know), so whenever i go down south people tend to think of me as a miner who should be wearing clogs and have a whippet at my side, does my fucking head in