NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Maiky-NiSuTe

Expanding the Gray matter.

Very interesting post!

I myself have just had nintendo consoles for the past 2 generations (N64, Gamecube) and was perfectly happy with them.

Now i got the Wii for xmas but i ended up getting a 360 earlier this year. If somebody had said to me 6 months ago from then that i would have a 360 i would of laughed in there face. I got the 360 to expand my games, the 360 gave me my more 'hardcore' games such as GoW but i still love my Wii.

I do feel though that my Wii has become my second console as i play on the 360 alot more. Nintendo have not lost me but because of the games that have come out i opted for a second console as well.

we need more experienced games on the wii that is one thing for shure. and also more shoters and MMORPG's

Let's face it, the 360 hasn't got THAT many really great games out atm but it does have more than the Wii. I think essentially it boils down to the fact that hardcore games take longer to make. On top of this third party support flourished late and so Wii software is a little delayed to what it should/could be. Once we've seen the big three in action we're going to have a very good idea of what sort of hardcore games are possible. If Metroid really does control as well as people have been claiming then it looks very, very good for future shooters on the Wii. I think with such an innovative piece of hardware it may need Nintendo to take the lead. Once the quality bar is set third parties will get closer and ultimately that means more good games.

Let's face it, the 360 hasn't got THAT many really great games out atm but it does have more than the Wii. I think essentially it boils down to the fact that hardcore games take longer to make. On top of this third party support flourished late and so Wii software is a little delayed to what it should/could be. Once we've seen the big three in action we're going to have a very good idea of what sort of hardcore games are possible. If Metroid really does control as well as people have been claiming then it looks very, very good for future shooters on the Wii. I think with such an innovative piece of hardware it may need Nintendo to take the lead. Once the quality bar is set third parties will get closer and ultimately that means more good games.

i cant agree more! i only play Lost Planet and PGR3 and these 2 are the only great games on the 360 at this moment (yes i do not like Gears of War) and the worrying thing is i do not see any great games coming for the 360 except for PGR4 and Halo3. but when i look at the Wii now i have Big Brain Academy and Excite Truck i have as many good games on the Wii as on the 360 only when i look at the future of the Wii i can see more games i like and want than on the 360. Mario kart, Metroid, Smash Bros, Mario galaxy and many more. conclusion. the 360 is awesome now but the Wii might be way better in the near future but this is still to be seen!

Sign in to follow this