NEurope
Tyson

Relatively unknown or overlooked Gamecube games that you should own

steggy if you think of the gameplay as doing a sequence of moves (a bit like dancing i guess, but i'm crap at that), you won't just think "why can't she move and shoot at the same time" and instantly hate it like so many reviewers did.

Don't worry I'll be going in with an open mind :smile: After all you can't move and shoot in RE4 but no one complains.

steggy if you think of the gameplay as doing a sequence of moves (a bit like dancing i guess, but i'm crap at that), you won't just think "why can't she move and shoot at the same time" and instantly hate it like so many reviewers did.

Ya...If you can respect the style first, you'll love it. Don't think of this as an adventure game, cos its not, its really a classic blast 'em up.

I can't believe it has only been mentioned once, but here is my heavily heavily recommended game of Cube's era:

Second Sight:

SecondSight_Gamecube_BOXboxart_160w.jpg

A brilliant game from Free Radical - third person adventure with guns, telekenisis, mind control...Seriously this is a fantastic game. Got around 90% in most reviews I read.

Oh and just to say - it's sort of a cross between Metal Gear (There are plenty of stealth levels) and....some sort of 3rd person shooter...Everything or Nothing, but good?

It's only £8.99 on play.com too.

This guy is right. Awesome game, even if some of the time the AI is complete arse.

Story is great, special powers great, fun shooting moments.

I'd wholly recommend the Conflict: Desert Storm series. 1+2) Considering there aren't too many 3rd person run-and-gun games on the cube this is an excellent purchase. You can also play 4-player multiplayer. (Although desert storm 2 is the better game for this) You can, for instance, mount a truck and players 2-4 fire guns, snipe from hills or pick afghans off whilst sitting in the passenger seat.

if you haven't played these games I would highly recommend them.

condstormgcn2_081903_x6.jpg

condstormgcn2_081903_x13.jpg

:mad: To all of you who reccomended PN03.

Lol, na it's not that bad a game, but I'm just not feeling it. Not too big a fan of the dodge system, and my thumbs starting to hurt from having to tap the "A" button so much.

I died pretty quick playing through on Normal so tried it on Easy, and I havn't got a suit with "Automatic" so don't know if that makes dodging or firing any better.

I'm still gonna play through it so if anyone can offer any tips for getting more enjoyment out of the game, then go for it.

That angry face hurt steggy, just as you promised! :cry:

Can't remember if you can get a suit with automatic from the beginning, it may only be after a mission or 2 that you can afford it. Automatic lets you hold down the fire button to shoot continuously.

Try this at the beginning (outdoor sandy area) - move until you see the targeting circles around the guns on top of the building in the distance, then stand still and press A a whole bunch of times, then just use L or R to strafe out the way once when their fire comes toward you - a couple of these and it should explode. Use X to change to other targets.

To pull off the special moves, you need to do the sequence on the digital pad (IIRC the first one's right, left, A) with around 1/3 - 1/2 second delay between each. I recommend this when you have those fast speeder bike thingies circling around you.

Once inside the building, find stragegic places to hide, where you can jump out/up, shoot a few times, then go back in. Pillars against walls are good 'cos you can use the L/R triggers to jump out / back in. If you find something you can crouch behind, use Y. You could also roll forward/back/sideways while crouching by using up/down/L/R.

If you try more and still don't feel it, at least you can say you went in with an open mind unlike 95% of the reviewers out there :heh:

As a last resort, try looking at a few videos on youtube, you may pick up on techniques you didn't think of before...

Ide say Worms 3D wasnt that bad, good graphics, decient game play and multiplayer, all good stuff, and Junior-Senior in the sound Track lol (eh, ok someone really messed up with that decision ;) )

Shake your coconuts!

I thought some of the stuff was quite catchy:smile:

Don't worry I'll be going in with an open mind :smile: After all you can't move and shoot in RE4 but no one complains.

Have you bought it yet? How is it?

Have you bought it yet? How is it?

If you are asking about PN03 then he already posted some views:

:mad: To all of you who reccomended PN03.

Lol, na it's not that bad a game, but I'm just not feeling it. Not too big a fan of the dodge system, and my thumbs starting to hurt from having to tap the "A" button so much.

I died pretty quick playing through on Normal so tried it on Easy, and I havn't got a suit with "Automatic" so don't know if that makes dodging or firing any better.

I'm still gonna play through it so if anyone can offer any tips for getting more enjoyment out of the game, then go for it.

If you are asking about PN03 then he already posted some views:

Originally Posted by steggy

To all of you who reccomended PN03.

(thanks)

I...see. As for your thumbs hurting from tapping the A-button...Then buy automatic upgrades for the aegis suits that way you could just hold A and she'll fire automatically.

If you're dying easily on normal, then you're simply just not good enough yet. Practice! You just need to get into it to understand the mechanics. Its not so hard to get a professional grade on each level IMO.

(thanks)

I...see. As for your thumbs hurting from tapping the A-button...Then buy automatic upgrades for the aegis suits that way you could just hold A and she'll fire automatically.

If you're dying easily on normal, then you're simply just not good enough yet. Practice! You just need to get into it to understand the mechanics. Its not so hard to get a professional grade on each level IMO.

Havn't really felt the urge to get back into the game at the moment. Been a struggle to get my girlfriend off of Scarface, so I've been mostly playing on Picross DS. Will probably be gettin MOH:H2 or BWii in a day or two, so will probably give it another try after playing those.

I agree with anyone recomending Second Sight. I love Free Radical and I love that game =)

However.. everyone saluting P.N.03.. I can't really say the same.. I bought that game for 5GBP.. yes.. 5GBP a week after it released and I've never had my expectations been blown to pieces more than with that game. Its been a while since I played it but, I remember the graphics as being ok, the controls sucking, the gameplay being repetetive and well. It just really dissapointed me and every time I've tried sitting down and really playing it, it hasn't lasted for more than 5-10 min. a time.

Oh and on Chibi Robo:

If you ever see it, get it guys! I love that game, the whole scenery is so lovely, Chibi Robo is so cute and the story brings you a nice little warmth inside. Such a cozy and fun game =)

Chibi Robo is crap compared to Second Sight! In Chibi you cant shoot people with sawn-offs or even use telekinesis. Crap.

Chibi Robo is crap compared to Second Sight! In Chibi you cant shoot people with sawn-offs or even use telekinesis. Crap.

i bet you can't cook or clean the floor with a toothbrush in second sight.. absolute wank

Lol I was just joking but don't worry, everybody does it ;D