NEurope
Tyson

Relatively unknown or overlooked Gamecube games that you should own

I was speaking with my bud, playing a bit of Smash when we brought up the prospect of missing out the awesome games that never quite made it into collections because of underhypage or because they just slipped our minds. Sadly, everytime we have this kind of conversion it slips my mind completely and I forget what I actually don't have.

Pikmin 2 was one such game that slipped under my radar during the glory days of the Cube, and after playing this gem, I'm left wondering what little gems I'm missing.

A better example of what kind of thing I'm looking for would be Wave Race Blue Storm, which I just bought recently. I'm looking for the kind of game you don't hear much about, weather you've personally played it or not. Any suggestions.

Baten Kaitos Origins, Chibi Robo, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Geist, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, etc...

I've never played Pikmin 2 even though I loved Pikmin 1. Also Baten Kaitos Origins, Paper Mario 2 and Mario Power Tennis. One game I always wanted to play but never got round to buying was Tales of Symphonia. That changed in May when I got a cheap Yank version off eBay but I'm really disappointed with it - I've only played it about 4 times. I just can't get into it.

Baten Kaitos Origins, Chibi Robo, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Geist, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, etc...

Is Geist actually good then? I kept hearing it was crap.

Is Geist actually good then? I kept hearing it was crap.
I liked it, if you're expecting a FPS... Geist is not it and can't really compete with modern FPS, the game also has some glitches (like colision dettection, getting stuck between two objects and struggling to come out happened to me once) and some slow down, but all in all... it's a First Person Adventure, kind of like Metroid Prime but with a diferent theme and spirits (and polish), those spirits and paranormal stuff actually make it a little reminiscent to Eternal Darkness to me, and the different gameplay areas kept the game going fresh and reminded and felt a little, at parts like, Tomb Raider Legends variety (and quality).

All in all... I thought it was really good, I'm eager to see N-Space's next game.

I still need to complete FE & Geist, and Geist is espesially overlooked. The multiplayer's good for a quick laugh.

"Wassup Raimi?!"

I'm not gonna buy BK simply because I have a rule not to buy RPGs (appart from Mario & Pokémon) :heh: Because they usually take quite a while. The only non-tendo RPG I've played properly is Grandia, awesome game.

I never got round to Chibi Robo, but might if there's a Wii game drought.

I can't actually remember how far I am on Jungle Beat, awsome game one you get into it though (something I havent been able to achieve since my 1st 'phase' of playing it)

That's the one! I always intended to get Jungle Beat. Does it have a multiplayer mode? I'll be getting Geist aswell, man I love wasting my paycheck on games :p. (I've bought lots of games recently and haven't completed any.)

It's a shame about FE's steep price tag, 20-30 quid seens a bit steep for a GC game.

Need for speed. (I joke)

Pikmin 2 is a must play, I liked the first one but the time limit ruined it, the second one though, its a classic.

Jungle Beat is a form of hypnosis when it 'clicks'. Drum left, clap, double slam, tap right, clap, clap. In game translation: Run, punch, jump, slide down wall, float over river, smash, grab and headbut. All whilst gaining a massive combo from never, ever touching the floor once (God forbid!).

An astonishing game when it grabs you.

Oh yeah, a post in another thread reminded me. A game I urge anyone with an open mind and a friend or two is Kirby's Air Ride. I know most people won't get it unless I personally take it to them for free, but it's countless unlockables which are more easy and fun to get with a friend, top-ride mode and potential hours of fun, you can't go wrong for a couple of quid.

Oh yeah, a post in another thread reminded me. A game I urge anyone with an open mind and a friend or two is Kirby's Air Ride. I know most people won't get it unless I personally take it to them for free, but it's countless unlockables which are more easy and fun to get with a friend, top-ride mode and potential hours of fun, you can't go wrong for a couple of quid.

The tracks get boring fast though.

Metal arms Glitch in the system. Developed by the now long gone swining ape studios. Solid third person action game, with a decent multiplayer.

Metal arms Glitch in the system. Developed by the now long gone swining ape studios. Solid third person action game, with a decent multiplayer.

It was olso overlooked by reviewers too, only ever saw 1 review for it; never got round to buying it though.

Very good game with awful graphics. |The voice overs were hilarious.

I think Serious sam Is criminally under-rated. Brilliant co-op mode with excellent graphics. Massive areas and challenging.

51VMCPMTBYL._AA280_.jpg

I think Serious sam Is criminally under-rated. Brilliant co-op mode with excellent graphics. Massive areas and challenging.

51VMCPMTBYL._AA280_.jpg

It's better on PC.

I enjoyed starwars clone wars. loads and replayed plenty.

Found the story driven game play much better than rouge squadron

I'm selling Ikaruga if anyone wants it PM me.

Really hard and really awesome game. Everyone should at least play it. Particularly great in co-op mode.

I enjoyed starwars clone wars. loads and replayed plenty.

Found the story driven game play much better than rouge squadron

That's also good for a Multiplayer laugh.

Those were the days:love:

I totally missed Baiten Kaitos origins.

TBH I never finished the original.

I totally missed Baiten Kaitos origins.

TBH I never finished the original.

Don't worry, origins is way better, and it's actually a prequel so you don't need to know baten kaitos events, totally separate story with a few tie ins for those who want them.

Underarted games huh?

I though Hulk Ultimate Destruction was a great game, really well done.

I also loved Second Sight.

And last on my list is Pool Paradise (best pool game ever!)

Oh, and maybe even XIII - great little FPS

I agree with a lot of the games mentioned - Jungle Beat and Wave race in particular!