NEurope
Tyson

Relatively unknown or overlooked Gamecube games that you should own

golfgroup.jpg

seriously. i love the mario golf games. all of them. but i totally suck at it. i remember on the n64 in singleplayer i could never even beat luigi. and he's your first opponent. great atmosphere though. having a look around, choosing a club, aiming, choosing another club, having another look around, and maybe after some qualitytime hit the friggin' ball. then it goes in the rough if i'm lucky, and some place worse if i'm not. great game.

Killer7?

Might not be underrated, but I don't feel enough people have played this game =P

Best GC game imo.

Oh and... Auto Modellista, only released in the US & Japan. Cel shaded racing game from Capcom, also one of my favourite GC games (at least in the racing genre). If you have a PS2, you're in luck since it was released for the PS2 in Europe. But not for the cube strangely enough.

although the series is a little more popular now that there seem to be many sequels popping up like red hot rumble, the ds version, the psp version and i think there are a few more.

Dude, there are no sequels popping up, the series is dead and the sequels you mentioned have been out for a year or so.

None the less, Viewtiful Joe is awesome.

Paper Mario 2. Not a lot of copies, and if you fail to own it, shame on you.

Star Wars bounty hunter. Fun, not to easy or to hard, nice story, you're fett, woohooo :)

Sphinx and the cursed Mummy. A great little action platformer game.

- Agreed on Sphinx, and it looks amazing in progressive scan :bowdown:

- Killer 7 (obviously)

- I loved P.N.03 despite it getting crap reviews mostly by people who didn't get the sequential control system

- Scaler (3D platformer with lizard)

also check out the "lesser known 3D platformers" thread

Mr_Bogus - toatally agree with you about P.N.03 I think its an awesome game (even if Vanessa does look exactly like Jill Valentine).

Other overlooked games that I think people should check out on Cube are: Freedom Fighters, Geist, Mortal Kombat Deception (US Only), Hitman 2 is good on Cube and killer7 definately.

Ide say Worms 3D wasnt that bad, good graphics, decient game play and multiplayer, all good stuff, and Junior-Senior in the sound Track lol (eh, ok someone really messed up with that decision ;) )

It's already been mentioned but since I just completed it Metal Arms: Glitch In The System is an amazing game with a great combination of shooting action and humour. IMO its one of the best shooters there was on Cube and certainly better than Halo which I hate.

PRODUCT NUMBER 03 all the way...A lot of people didn't give this game a chance due to greater expectations. This is a highly stylish and classical game.

If someone didn't enjoy P.N.03, it was usually because they didn't understand the unique sequential control method.

Trivia: P.N.03 was built on 1 of the older versions of the Resi 4 engine (apparently it went through 4 or 5 incarnations).

Paper Mario 2. Not a lot of copies, and if you fail to own it, shame on you.

Same. And Mario Power Tennis and Toadstall Tour.

Metal Arms: Glitch In The System. Can't recommend this game enough. One of the best purchases I made on Gamecube. Really funny, great variety, weapons, multiplayer and a long game. Dan Castellina(spelling) from The Simpsons did some of the voicework.

You can talk about Killer 7, Paper Mario & Pikmin 2 but this is a game that relatively few people know about but should and it's a real shame.

Metal Arms: Glitch In The System. Can't recommend this game enough. One of the best purchases I made on Gamecube. Really funny, great variety, weapons, multiplayer and a long game. Dan Castellina(spelling) from The Simpsons did some of the voicework.

You can talk about Killer 7, Paper Mario & Pikmin 2 but this is a game that relatively few people know about but should and it's a real shame.

I have this... its very very funny in multiplayer.. in one player its good but its not very easy on the eye though.. it makes it very repetitive:)

its good but not very good.

It's a really good game, although there are some real difficulty spikes that had me throwing horses and children across the living room. Wish the framerate was more constant too... i wonder what the xbox version was like?

Shame that games like Metal Arms & Sphinx don't get more recognition in the market.

A you said that I bought Metal Arms right now. It better be good but it's 10e used. It should arrive next week. And I need to study...it's all your fault :p

Also bought monkey ball 2 for 14e and nba courtside for 6,5e...

And I didn't have money...ouch

james bond 007: nightfire :indeed: ah to be young and foolish again. multiplayer wasnt bad to be fair...

i think eternal darkness and beyond good and evil have been mentioned??

All this gamecube nostalgia may mean i make more use of the Wii's backwards compatibility...

Chibi robo is also very unknown. I'd like to try it but it seems impossible to find here in Portugal...

Chibi robo is also very unknown. I'd like to try it but it seems impossible to find here in Portugal...

I think it's almost impossible to find anywhere nowadays...

i really liked PN03... and doshin the giant :yay:

but tbh my cube was my "zelda machine"...

(so was my wii come to think of it...)

*goes to play zelda on her ds...*

I can't believe it has only been mentioned once, but here is my heavily heavily recommended game of Cube's era:

Second Sight:

SecondSight_Gamecube_BOXboxart_160w.jpg

A brilliant game from Free Radical - third person adventure with guns, telekenisis, mind control...Seriously this is a fantastic game. Got around 90% in most reviews I read.

Oh and just to say - it's sort of a cross between Metal Gear (There are plenty of stealth levels) and....some sort of 3rd person shooter...Everything or Nothing, but good?

It's only £8.99 on play.com too.

Just got P.N.03 off of ebay for a tenner. Better be good, or I'm hunting you all down. And by hunting I mean sending a angry face :mad: to all of you.

Just got P.N.03 off of ebay for a tenner. Better be good, or I'm hunting you all down. And by hunting I mean sending a angry face :mad: to all of you.

steggy if you think of the gameplay as doing a sequence of moves (a bit like dancing i guess, but i'm crap at that), you won't just think "why can't she move and shoot at the same time" and instantly hate it like so many reviewers did.