NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

New Wii Wrist Straps

Nintendo World Report forums reader UncleBob has given us word that Nintendo is circulating a new type of Wii wrist strap, as seen in this photo

226.jpg

As you can see, this new strap includes a little locking clip, replacing the sliding clip of the previous models, which had a tendency to slide away from the player's wrist and loosen the strap. This new model would be the fourth incarnation of the strap; the first was the original model which tended to break, the second would be the replacement straps with the thicker connector to the remote, and the third was the replacement of the replacement that lacked the Nintendo and Wii branding.

NWR.com

I never even use mine these days. Most games it is completely unnecessary, with the exception perhaps of Wii Sports, in which case I put it on only if I remember / can find it.

I never even use mine these days. Most games it is completely unnecessary, with the exception perhaps of Wii Sports, in which case I put it on only if I remember / can find it.

Mines always attached to my remote which always reminds me to use it.

In the end, they're always there to talk Nintendo out of any lawsuits with not other reason. They seem to be spending a lot to be sure that the controllers don't fly into your tv, so they don't get sued their asses of in a class-action somewhere in Texas.

I think I didn't ever attached the wrist straps to the wiimotes and so far my TV is still fine :)

I agree with Jasper, it's more for their protection against lawsuits.

Mines always attached to my remote which always reminds me to use it.

I took mine off when I started using it for NES VC games. It felt strange when it was on, irritated my hand.

IMHO, straps don't do a damn thing in case of strong force. And that because the problem is not in the strap. They could make metal straps, for all I care, and they wouldn't be safe anynway. The problem is the little plastic piece on the remote itself that holds the strap. No matter how strong the string/rope/metal tube they use as a strap, that little plastic piece is the weakest link in the chain and will break with excessive force applied.

I actually prefer wearing a strap (around my wrist) as it seems to smoehow make me feel closer to the controller. - (Careful how I worded that!). The new straps look brilliant, much better. :D I wonder if these will be available through codestorm like the previous re-released ones.

This is always a major problem when playing multiplayer games with people who don't know to tighten it every once and a while. I'd buy 4 of them 3 for wii motes and 1 for my camera that has a pretty beat up old strap on it now.

Don't use pansy wrist straps.

Oddly enough, I manage to actually 'hold on' to my remote. What a concept.

Guess you must have a firm grip on objects then...Plenty practice and all...:wink: lol

Seriously though, the wrist straps are a brilliant idea. Some people are just born clumsy.

Guess you must have a firm grip on objects then...Plenty practice and all...:wink: lol

Classic! :laughing::bowdown:

That was pretty smooth tapedeck. This wrist strap seems silly I don't want to have to unlock and lock the strap everytime! I like the slider...

(Yes I use the strap...)

Well as people have said; you could just hold onto the 'mote.

I NEVER use mine, it lives on the shelf under my TV between my DK Bongos and Playstation.

Don't use pansy wrist straps.

Oddly enough, I manage to actually 'hold on' to my remote. What a concept.

accidents do happen

I've never used my wrist straps. And never will. My parents, grandparents, siblings (from age 4) have all used it, no problems.

I force people to wear wrist straps when they play on my Wii, I've seen far too many non-Wii related accidents involving them to risk it.

And yes you can order them free, I'll get the email address later, I ordered five accidentally, some of which just sit in my room. But this might not be for everyone yet, we might have to wait until the previous wrist straps are all gone.

I took the straps off my wiimotes for a long time.

But recently a friend of mine was playing wii tennis and somehow managed to throw my remote out of my second floor bedroom window onto a stone patio in the rain.

The remote now has a nasty scuff on the side and I've put the strap back on, but it still works.

Sign in to follow this