NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Msn buggered?

Has anyone been having problems with Msn recently? I tried starting it up but got an error window, so I use the repair in control panel, didn't work. Removed it with control panel. Downloaded it again from the site, reinstalled. Same thing, I keep getting this:

msn8jx.jpg

I have got a problem, and im hoping you can help me, my MSN runs perfectly on my PC but on my laptop it wont let me log in, i get this message "signing in to MSN messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Plese try again later."

I have been gettin that message for over a week now, it just suddenly stopped one day, didnt change any settings that i know off, i always have downloaded and reinstalled MSN about 10 times, still have the same problem, i have run the connection helper and says everything is fine. any ideas??

I have also got trillian, but i dont like it that much, whenever i type a message i get this really rubbish sound, its not the beep, its more of a harsh bang and i cant change it, how do i?

I hear of folks problems with msn like everyday now. For some reason ive never had a problem with it, *touchwood* that continues.

theres a lot of things that annoy me about trillian, but a lot more that annoy me about msn.

I always have problems and the wizard thing repairs it, but it takes a good 5 minutes. msn 7.5 is so unbelieveably buggy its just not worth using IMO.

probably not much use but are you running trillian with an admin account?

theres a lot of things that annoy me about trillian, but a lot more that annoy me about msn.

I always have problems and the wizard thing repairs it, but it takes a good 5 minutes. msn 7.5 is so unbelieveably buggy its just not worth using IMO.

probably not much use but are you running trillian with an admin account?

Now this may seem dumb, but what do you mean admin account? i got trillian pro i think.

btw i forgot to mention in my last post that it is not the firewall that stops it as i have turned it off. does anyone have a link to download MSN 7.0??

yeah i do, i did have the defalut sound at first then it changed, all the other sounds are good, its just the one i get when I send a message to another person, does my tits.

I haven't any problems with MSN for ages, only when their servers are down can i not log in. the only bad thing i can comment about it is that the've overloaded it with silly features, the only decent one is the handwriting mode thing.

If that was there, i'd be back to 6.2 in a flash!

I've just downloaded Trillian [For around the fifth time, haven't been impressed yet] and I can't make head nor tails of it. I think I've connected to my Msn account yet I see no contacts.

theres nothing wrong with msn, i have no stupid features in minde, no ads either.

I hear a lot of people are having trouble with their msn, and even having to start new accounts to gain access, hence why i haven't installed 7.5 yet.

dont ever install 7.5 cause its just rubbish.

infact all of the versions of msn 7 ive had problems with. the next version of them all does solve the problems, but then the updated one gets its own little bug :(

dont ever install 7.5 cause its just rubbish.

infact all of the versions of msn 7 ive had problems with. the next version of them all does solve the problems, but then the updated one gets its own little bug :(

I wouldnt say its rubbish, im using it and never have problems, though its not that different from 7.

yeah its probably different for everyone what with different internet connections, permissions and computer spec etc.

I always use trillian but its been giving me trouble recently. MSN disconnects randomly every few hours and AIM disconnects randomly about every hour. It gives me random codes like 10045 10047 and 0. Any advice?

I keep getting told my messages could not be sent to the other people in the convo. Most annoying.

MSN is incredibly annoying. MSN 7 would not let me sign in at all, so I downloaded MSN 7.5 and success! But then after a while, the problems came back. I couldn't sign in again and I was forced to use Windows Messenger, which has its problems of its own. When I'm online with Windows Messenger and I'm talking to people, somehow I am not displayed as being online. Sort it out Microsoft :mad:

What is msn for mac like anyone? Is it anywhere near as glitchy as it is on windows? Can you still talk to people using a windows computer?

my msn is buggered up to but I think its something to do with my account. I can never log in, I know for sure its the right password im putting in, I even made a new account and thats buggered up. I cba to make ANOTHER account. MSN used to be good, now its just a pain.