NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Adventure

well we still do, for portable games at least it seems.

I knew someone would say that, but obviously I mean the bigscreen blockbusters. Sure they've done practically nothing on the Xbox and maybe that'd be the case if they hadn't been sold on, but come on... Rare + Nintendo were amazing!

And on an SFA note, that absolutely stupid test of courage or whatever you's are talking about was a low point in the game for me. I think in the end I fluked it.

im being honest when i say i don't have a single good memory of that game. i remeber a river, a mamoth some fruit making the prince breath fire, egg theifs and a couple of the tests as well as trexs and the final boss oh, and a race.

none were very good.

Chris, you didn't like the game.... we get it!

(then again, I can talk lol)

i fear you don't get it. if you did id be gatting condolence cards saying sorry you had to see that, or our bad love rare.

well, i never saw it get too harsh treatment, NOM had a stiff for it, NGC were a little less impressed, with 75-79% which isn't a bad score really.

60% would be generous. Its a great example of a solid working but uninspired and stale game.

agreed, the game was perfectly playable, just utterly unremarkable, or at least i thought so, like a chanel 5 action movie, you can watch it, but its hardly a classic.

agreed, the game was perfectly playable, just utterly unremarkable, or at least i thought so, like a chanel 5 action movie, you can watch it, but its hardly a classic.

What a brilliant comparison. Might just have to remember that one.

All this talk is making me want to play this brilliant game again.

Same, I might try and pick it up again.

Hmm, I don't think that StarFox Adventures merits either the over the top praise nor the total hatred its getting. I defend the game in that its not a disaster which people seem to say it is. It's a pretty dang great game - super graphics and some more than decent sections.

The thing I don't like though is that it was very straight forward. I wanted it to be more open, more choice in what to do and more things to do apart from complete the thing.

Totally agree with DSM on this one. I did however go nuts when...

[spoiler=]Falco showed up at the end of the game. I went all hyper as I love Falco to bits, he simply ownz!!

starfox was a stupid game it didn't had the starfox feeling i had with all the other starfox games

and twilight princess is 1000 times better then Starfox adventure in everyway

Starfox Adventures...Not a bad game by any means, but had a few flaws:

-Repetitive combat system. If only the additional powers were more useful in battle...

-Was linear and lacked side-quests, aside from a few caves. This pissed me off the most, since reviews said the game felt like Zelda. No, it didn't.

-Whenever you found a new item...well, just see:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=39

Do you know how much that pissed me off during second walkthroughs?

-Prince Tricky. He was annoying during gameplay.

Do you know how much that pissed me off during second walkthroughs?

If you play Twilight Princess, either play in one playthrough, or don't get rupees.

One thing I liked were the different types of sections - the normal exploring, the krozoa tests, recing sections, variation in bosses, riding different animals, the space sections.

I think the worst thing about the game was the voice acting.

If you play Twilight Princess, either play in one playthrough, or don't get rupees.

Usually Zeldas don't irritate me in that aspect because only the important items get that treatment.

In Starfox, every single item (including healing objects, key items and small keys) gets the delay and stupid tune. That is what bugs me. In Twilight Princess, the rupees were quickly taken care of and there was barely a delay (It was irritating, but not nearly as much as in Starfox Adventures).

In Starfox, every single item (including healing objects, key items and small keys) gets the delay and stupid tune. That is what bugs me. In Twilight Princess, the rupees were quickly taken care of and there was barely a delay (It was irritating, but not nearly as much as in Starfox Adventures).

But 5- and 10- rupees had the message every time you loaded the game...

But 5- and 10- rupees had the message every time you loaded the game...

I know. As I said, it's still not as irritating as Starfox Adventures.

The rupee message was heard several times, but it was quick.

In Starfox adventures, the message takes quite a while. Since it happens with every new item (like key items and small keys), I saw that a lot of times.

I really enjoyed this game!

The graphics were fantastic, the Krazoa tests/temple was a nice break from the main game and some of the boss fights (t-rex in particular) were fantastic. Some bits were a little annoying such as Tricky and the fact that the fighting was very linear but overall I thought it was great!

I mean who can't love a game with a giant Scottish warp stone!?

Just to add my two penneth..

I agree with the more moderate posters here - it's neither a disaster nor a triumph. I think back in the day it played well enough and the graphics were great, but even then I couldn't escape the nagging awareness that it was no more than an inferior and formulaic Zelda-alike. I actually thought the fear test part was an innovative highlight. To sumarise my feelings on the game having replayed it:

The Good

- Nicely textured characters and environments that still hold up

- Good variety of locations

- Moments of genuine atmosphere (Krazoa shrine esp)

- Solid gameplay mechanics (thanks to Zelda)

- Some good background music

The Bad

- Excrutiatingly linear

- Easy puzzles

- Too much of a 'collectathon' approach to most aspects of the gameplay

- Awkward mess of a story with Star Fox elements shoehorned in

The Ugly

- Irritating and mawkish (perhaps I mean 'camp') charcter voices

- Design of Arwing is completely off

the game is annoying sometimes in the way that its super easy and all of a sudden there's something that seems impossible to do, however i think its a great game and you cube collection can not be complete without owning this game.

Having said all that, it would be great to see Rare develop further for Nintendo. I think they could work wonders on the Wii.. Looks like I'll have to shell out for a 360 for Banjo Threeie..

I think the worst thing about the game was the voice acting.

I hate the Starfox Armarda voice acting....I didn't mind it in Adventures.

TP is utter shite and without a doubt the worst of the 3D Zeldas, for reasons I've mentioned a million times on this board and that I'm not gonna go into again. OOT on the other hand, (and MM and WW for that matter) was and is a masterpiece.

Well, but TP was very close to OoT in design.. That's why I don't understand the huge difference in your opinions on both games.. OoT was indeed a masterpiece though, MM to lesser extent (allthough..), with WW I don't agree though. WW was probably the most disappointing Zelda game of the ones I've played. Not that it isn't good, it's just not the Zelda I expected (allthough it had nothing to do with the artstyle, which was fantastic).

Is it fantastic, or just 'solid'?

Subjectively, fantastic. Objectively, solid.

Are you sure you're not describing TP here?

Yeah I'm pretty sure. Many games are of course (linear), and it doesn't have to be a disadvantage, but in SFA, all you do (as far as I can remember, to be honest), was to go from 1 little area to another, no huge dungeons or areas to explore, and never ever a reason to backtrack. I felt like I was simply following a path towards the endgoal. Everything was clear, you couldn't get lost, you just had to figure out how to advance. With TP I travelled back to other towns when I didn't know what to do.. There's more stuff to do between dungeons (even if most of them were collectathons like someone mentioned), and the areas were huge, so exploring and finding all the stuff was still fun, at least to me. And the dungeons were good. Not all of them were up to OoT quality (temple of time mainly), but some of them were..I especially loved the Sky temple for example. I didn't think any dungeons from SFA were memorable, except for the artstyle..

I didn't think any dungeons from SFA were memorable, except for the artstyle..

spot on what i felt, i wish there had been somthing to make me feel wow.

having said that, i guess 20 hours of mostly acceptable gameplay isnt somthing to be sniffed at.