NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Adventure

You see, that's what's called an 'opinion'. You think SFA is better than TP, Goron and I don't.

It wasn't the 'game' I was hoping for. TP was the biggest dissappointment ever in terms of gaming. To be anyway. Crap game.

I know that, but I was using the same logic as goron when he said "actually it's an amazing game", you'd have known that if you'd only read my post properly. And besides, you've used that line several times in the TP thread anyway.

Actually it's an amazing game. Better than TP in every aspect (including graphics).

My favourite line from the game was 'Hey fox, got yourself stuck again'?

Agreed. I could never get into TP. It was just, well, boring. SFA on the other hand I loved and it had my attention throughout.

Wasn't shite, it was just average. The gameplay was very very basic. I found it enjoyable though.

This was the fantastic bit I was talking about, although the black bars have cropped the scale at the top of the screen but you get the idea

A few weeks ago i purchased it used, its an awesome game and i found it to be a lot like the N64 zelda games. I don't care about graphics but it would be much better without prince tricky. i didn't get very far before paper mario came out on the VC but i'm going to go back to this game very soon.

i found it very dull, played it trough once and never touched it again. the fighting was moronic, tap a. thats it. wait for an opening at tap a. all the outher enemys paintently watch their friend get killed, then jump in. one at a time. makes me think of the honey bees fighting japanise hornets.

the t rex fight was alright, but alot of the game was depressingly poor, the krazoa (i think) spirit tests in particular sucked. the fear one (motion won't agree) was the single worst gaming moment ever, it took me so many goes, you couldent watch the fmv cos you were concerntrating, and if you failed you had to go through a naff dungen again. utterly pap.

the outher tests werent as bad but still nothing great. and the voice acting was horrible. "YOOOOOOOU PAY THIS MUCH!" wow, a retarded sales man. love it.

the graphics were nice but thats about it, the game was sold for around £15, and i havent once regretted it. it was shite.

Seems very hit and miss lol.

God i really wanna play this game again lol. Got a solid 50% into it last time but had to give it back :(

trust me, its the most disserpointing game ever, the only moments i remember i remember because they stank.

Considering it seems to be a 50:50 split between loved and hated on this board... I'd give it another go Goron, fantastic game.

.. If you think Twilight Princess is crap & boring, you shouldn't like Ocarina of Time too. I thought TP was fantastic, and allthough I can imagine people finding it a bit disappointing, it was still a solid game..

This game dissappointed me though. I was impressed with the graphics when I played it at a friend's house, back when the game was still new.. So 4 years later, when I finally bought my Cube (it took me a while,I know), this game was on my wishlist. But after 1 playthrough, I wasn't really satisfied. Even before the game was released, I was already disappointed about it not being Dinosaur Planet, but I bought it because I still expected a solid adventure. But it was linear, you just walked from mini dungeon to mini dungeon, and there wasn't anything to do in between, controls weren't fantastic (pretty crap even for the Arwing bits), and I didn't like how the Starfox franchise was tacked on. Designs for everything Starfox was crap, the characters, and the Arwing (Namco did it right in my opinion). I generally love Rare humour, but not if they turn my beloved Starfox characters into damn parodies. Especially General Pepper was an idiot.. And the Arwing bits were horrific, including the final boss fight.

I still wonder if Dinosaur Planet would've been a better game, but this, is just ok as an adventure, disregarding the Starfox elements.

to be fair, their were side quests, like protecting the eggs. god that sucked.

call me petty, but considering this was rare's final big rare nintendo game, i wasn't sad to see them go.

would have been nice to get a jet force gemini sequal though.

all the outher enemys paintently watch their friend get killed, then jump in. one at a time.

That's the honourable way. If you can't beat someone alone, then don't pick a fight. Winning because you are 5 to 1 is lame. :)

.. If you think Twilight Princess is crap & boring, you shouldn't like Ocarina of Time too.

TP is utter shite and without a doubt the worst of the 3D Zeldas, for reasons I've mentioned a million times on this board and that I'm not gonna go into again. OOT on the other hand, (and MM and WW for that matter) was and is a masterpiece.

I thought TP was fantastic, and allthough I can imagine people finding it a bit disappointing, it was still a solid game..

Is it fantastic, or just 'solid'?

But it was linear, you just walked from mini dungeon to mini dungeon, and there wasn't anything to do in between

Are you sure you're not describing TP here?

TP is utter shite and without a doubt the worst of the 3D Zeldas, for reasons I've mentioned a million times on this board and that I'm not gonna go into again. OOT on the other hand, (and MM and WW for that matter) was and is a masterpiece.

Is it fantastic, or just 'solid'?

Are you sure you're not describing TP here?

WW was awesome unlike TP. I really liked SA. The bit you mentioned with the fear bar was brilliant, as was the race bit thing (down a mountain or something?) and the T-rex bit too.

I remember Digitiser giving this game a 2 out of 10. I thought that was way harsh. I'd give it at least a 6. My main problem with the game was the very basic combat, and the level design was just so basic. More flying missions would have been awesome too.

I didn't mind this game to be honest. I got it second hand earlier on in the year. Not a bad purchase for about £3 but it just made me want to play Jet Force Gemini... There are a lot of similarities to OOT but it's an ok game in its own right. Graphics still hold up now, which makes me wonder why people complain about the power of the Wii when we all know it's more powerful than the Cube is. However, there was one thing that really fucked me off about the game... Tricky the sodding dinosaur. If there was an option to brutally murder him I would have done it 100 times over.

i really liked TP, my only real complaint would be not enough side quests (the malo mart one was shite)

there wasn't a single thing that SA did very well. i vaigly recall a race, and a wolly mamoth. the combat stands out as one of the worst things ever done in a video game. you just tapped a, with the option of pushing a different direction to see slightly diffrent animation. what upset me was the game could have been great, but failed at every turn, there was great potential, but the whole thing felt rushed.

Remember the puzzle where you had to keep 'calm' during a (virtual) ambush of dinosaurs and monsters by not letting the red line go too far to the left/right?

Genius.

That was one of the greatest things ever.

the fear one (motion won't agree) was the single worst gaming moment ever, it took me so many goes, you couldent watch the fmv cos you were concerntrating, and if you failed you had to go through a naff dungen again. utterly pap.

So you didnt like it because you were shit at it???:heh:

Or do you just not like games with a bit of a challenge?

Plus, the 'dungeon' wasn't even that long, it was about 2/3 rooms.

Anyway, I think saying it was better than TP is going a lil far.

I did enjoy SFA overall and it had more character than TP, which was the most bland 3D Zelda game with almost no interesting characters.

But TP had a lot more gameplay, better puzzles and the fighting was even better than that of WW due to not just having to press A to roll around enemies:heh:

.. If you think Twilight Princess is crap & boring, you shouldn't like Ocarina of Time too.

But OOT actually has character and lovable people.

The only proper characters in TP were:

Gorons

Yetis

The Kids (esp the babyish one)

"Tingle"

And a few others were okay, like the cats, the insect girl and the clowns etc.

And overall Hyrule Town was without any character.

im not saying i didn't like it because it was to hard. sure i found it hard, and that was a factor in the general hatred of that moment, but the fact that you had to tap left or right for what felt like an age, and having to repeat 2 or 3 rooms of dungion may not have takken so long, but when it was so uttely mind numbingly bad it got to be a bit much. to put it simply, it was no fun, i like hard games, i love veiwtiful joe, even though fire leo took me ages i enjyoed fighting him, i enjoyed ikaruga, i can't get much further then the start of level 5 but i love it, i don't, however love games that feel a chore to play. i don't enjoy keeping a small line in a large rectangle, nor do i feel its exactly a good measure of courage. the entier concept of that test seemed to be "oh just throw in a little mini game" there was no imagination in it, nothng new (it was just like balencing in tony hawk) there was nothing about the courage test that was fun.

I think the point was... you're not supposed to be paying attention to all the action/sounds on the screen as it would be distracting. You were supposed to concentrate on keeping your cool and staying focused.

Brilliant idea and it was little touches like that that made the game so fun. I loved the Krazoa levels. Shame they weren't a tad longer.

Hmm, I don't think that StarFox Adventures merits either the over the top praise nor the total hatred its getting. I defend the game in that its not a disaster which people seem to say it is. It's a pretty dang great game - super graphics and some more than decent sections.

The thing I don't like though is that it was very straight forward. I wanted it to be more open, more choice in what to do and more things to do apart from complete the thing. I was hyped for it because it looked so good and because I was expecting StarFox meets Zelda... but it just didn't give me that. I still love it but in no way would I put it above Twilight Princess. I started replaying it once because I somehow managed not to get 100%, I think it was because of the hide and seek bit, but I can't be sure now.

I wish we still had Rare. :(

Hmm, I don't think that StarFox Adventures merits either the over the top praise nor the total hatred its getting. I defend the game in that its not a disaster which people seem to say it is. It's a pretty dang great game - super graphics and some more than decent sections.

The thing I don't like though is that it was very straight forward. I wanted it to be more open, more choice in what to do and more things to do apart from complete the thing. I was hyped for it because it looked so good and because I was expecting StarFox meets Zelda... but it just didn't give me that. I still love it but in no way would I put it above Twilight Princess. I started replaying it once because I somehow managed not to get 100%, I think it was because of the hide and seek bit, but I can't be sure now.

I wish we still had Rare. :(

well we still do, for portable games at least it seems.