NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Adventure

I thought the dungeons were very memorable. Lovely art style as well, as you said.

well, i don't remeber the dungeions, but then i wasnt happy from the get go. the game could well be a marmite moment in games history.

I liked this game. It was a bit dull in places but definately picked up towards the end. I loved the beach level and the giant pyramid bit. One of the few Cube games I actually got round to completing. I remember loving the ending but being really dissapointed that I finished it 1st time round in 17 hours when I'd heard it was going to be 60 hours long. It's quite a good game but its not a patch on Zelda or anything that Rare did on the 64 but in a word it was, nice. Nothing to original or unique just, nice. Worth having in any collection.

I can't believe people really think this one of the best cube games ever. I don't think it was a bad game by any means, it just wasn't amazing at all. I played through it once and then sold it.

I can't believe people really think this one of the best cube games ever. I don't think it was a bad game by any means, it just wasn't amazing at all. I played through it once and then sold it.

Same for me really, it is one of them games that is worth playing through once or twice only really.

in my opinion this game was a real failure ( zelda ripoff ) it did not gave me the real starfox feeling ,

how is an epic 3rd person adventure game set in a colorfull world filled with a great variety of creatures supposed to feel like an on rail space shooter?

It's enjoyable, but more in a non tedious, non challenging way. It's not epic at all.

I quite liked it from what I remember although its been a while since I last fired it up.

I loved this game when it came out, played it like 7 times through.

Now when I tried to play it again, I couldn't. Better just to keep it as a good memory. :smile:

argh... I got as far as that damn "Fear test".. now it was not so much the test that turned me off the game.. it was the fact that every time you failed you had to start over and run down some corridors filled with obstacles to get back to try the test again.. after 3 tries I buried the game in a box forever..

how is an epic 3rd person adventure game set in a colorfull world filled with a great variety of creatures supposed to feel like an on rail space shooter?

Hold on, SFA was in no way epic.

Hold on, SFA was in no way epic.

I disagree, the sense of scale and for lack of a better word 'epic-ness' present in a lot of the parts in the game was outstanding. The palaces, and shrines for instance, the lush and varied worlds, the voice acting etc... - Far better than most of what TP came up with.

argh... I got as far as that damn "Fear test".. now it was not so much the test that turned me off the game.. it was the fact that every time you failed you had to start over and run down some corridors filled with obstacles to get back to try the test again.. after 3 tries I buried the game in a box forever..

Surely it only takes about 1 minute to get back to the test room?

the one min was fine, but doing it 20 times wasn't. felt very annoyed that i was being stumped by somthing that wasnt really in keeping with the rest of the game.

I disagree, the sense of scale and for lack of a better word 'epic-ness' present in a lot of the parts in the game was outstanding. The palaces, and shrines for instance, the lush and varied worlds, the voice acting etc... - Far better than most of what TP came up with.

I didn't think TP was that epic either. Epic = Shadow of the Colossus.

the one min was fine, but doing it 20 times wasn't. felt very annoyed that i was being stumped by somthing that wasnt really in keeping with the rest of the game.

I thought that was a good thing though, a bit of variety, and personally I found the 'Test of Courage' genius. Brilliant idea. If you had to do it 20 times you couldn't have been very good. Took me about 3 or 4 times and I enjoyed the challenge.

I didn't think TP was that epic either. Epic = Shadow of the Colossus.

Ah I've never played that. It looks a bit dull to me though? ie. not much to do except fight the giant colussus...

well, yes i was rubbish at the fear test, though i felt it a might unfair i couldent progress in the outherwise pisseasy game cos i couldent do one tiny thing. i dont think it was so much a case of the game being hard as hard to play. i mean, if it had just been a hard game, i could have delt with it. but that was the only difficult moment. i think i finaly realised why people kill on that day, my rage built to un imaginable levels, i punched the bed, screaed into a pillow, threw the controler down (onto the bed mind) there were almost tears at one point.

the voice acting grated like a concrete thong. my god it was bad. i think the scotish rock man made a part of me die forever.

Star Fox Adventure was good ,but the best Star Fox that came to GC was Star Fox: Assault an Awesome Game

(I was somewhat annoyed with the dino's in Star Fox Adventure)

The name of the game is Starfox Adventures. Plural. I know this is just nit-picking, but why do so many people, including people who actually own the game, get this wrong?

The opposite happens with Tomb Raider Legend, people insist on calling it "Legends". Maybe people just remove the S from Starfox and put in TR... Weird. :heh:

The name of the game is Starfox Adventures. Plural. I know this is just nit-picking, but why do so many people, including people who actually own the game, get this wrong?

The opposite happens with Tomb Raider Legend, people insist on calling it "Legends". Maybe people just remove the S from Starfox and put in TR... Weird. :heh:

It's like people calling Tesco "Tescos"! Where to they get the S from? Its not as if anyone ever says "oh I'm just popping out to Asdas", so why do it to Tesco?!

/off-topic rant

It's like people calling Tesco "Tescos"! Where to they get the S from? Its not as if anyone ever says "oh I'm just popping out to Asdas", so why do it to Tesco?!

/off-topic rant

I think it was because people used to say Tesco's Supermarket or something and that eventually got shortened to Tesco's (note the apostrophe).