NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Adventure

well, i leave the s of star fox adventures as it was really more of a sigle large adventure.

an associate of mine once refused to buy a copy of the big issue from a tramp, as it was realy a colection of smaller issues then a single big one.

well, i leave the s of star fox adventures as it was really more of a sigle large adventure.

Well, yeah, but a title is a title. The 3 Musketeers were actually 4, but no one calls the book The 4 Musketeers.

Well, yeah, but a title is a title. The 3 Musketeers were actually 4, but no one calls the book The 4 Musketeers.

i may start to just to prove you wrong.

Saw this in CEX for £8 so bought it at the weekend. I was desperate for a light-hearted, colourful third person adventure game to go through, so this fit the bill. Haven't played it since owning it for the GC but it holds up really well. Nice presentation and looks nice running through component cables on the Wii. Dolby Pro Logic, 16:9 widescreen and Rare's talent (at the time), makes this a lovely game to go through on these darkening nights.

Shame that the Wii U can't play GC disks though. Digging the Wii out each time is a pain.

I think a few games get a bad rep from people because they're "not like such and such earlier installment" rather than being judged on their own merits. This game and for example the last couple of Paper Marios, are a few examples. Personally I loved Starfox Adventures, thought it was great fun and some of the puzzles were very clever.

Starfox Adventures...Not a bad game by any means, but had a few flaws:

-Repetitive combat system. If only the additional powers were more useful in battle...

-Was linear and lacked side-quests, aside from a few caves. This pissed me off the most, since reviews said the game felt like Zelda. No, it didn't.

-Whenever you found a new item...well, just see:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=39

Do you know how much that pissed me off during second walkthroughs?

-Prince Tricky. He was annoying during gameplay.

Man, I posted this so long ago...

Prince Tricky, I barely remember, and Point #1 I could get used to, but points #2 and #3 are still a sore point for me. Especially the linearity, as I did feel like the game was just a bunch of linear levels stringed together.

Saw this in CEX for £8 so bought it at the weekend. I was desperate for a light-hearted, colourful third person adventure game to go through, so this fit the bill. Haven't played it since owning it for the GC but it holds up really well. Nice presentation and looks nice running through component cables on the Wii. Dolby Pro Logic, 16:9 widescreen and Rare's talent (at the time), makes this a lovely game to go through on these darkening nights.

Shame that the Wii U can't play GC disks though. Digging the Wii out each time is a pain.

That's a great price! I got it again a few months ago and that's what shocked me the most - those graphics! It really looks great even now, up there with some of the best looking Wii games I'd say.

Man, I posted this so long ago...

Prince Tricky, I barely remember, and Point #1 I could get used to, but points #2 and #3 are still a sore point for me. Especially the linearity, as I did feel like the game was just a bunch of linear levels stringed together.

This game was fantastic, but I had the same problems with it as you. People actually said that it feels like LoZ?? .....ehm, no, not at all. It's very far from what LoZ is.

I think it's an under-appreciated game. I like it or what it is rather than what it isn't. I feel like replaying soon now.

Would love someone like Retro Studios to make another.