NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Adventure

Well, I previously borrowed this game, and completed it years ago. I finally bought it myself. It's still a lot of fun. Sure, there are a few flaws - not much enemy variation, repeptative combat, etc. But overall it's a great game.

And, for an early GameCube game, It still holds up graphically - mainly because of the fur and grass effects (didn't Rare patent those, or something? The grass looks better than "next gen" grass).

The biggest flaw has to be the fact that I want to wave the staff around, and shoot using a pointer.

I agree; It's not a brilliant game, but it's not as bad as people clain either, though as it starts to get pretty great...it ends:heh:

"General Pepper here!"

Oh, and it's Starfox Adventures:heh:

Average game, with awesome graphics. Makes Zelda on the Wii look average graphically.

I hated this game, crappy combat that only my 5 year old sister (at the time) found fun.

Starfox Adventures.... why, why did they have to associate Starfox with this (IMO) ugly (gameplay wise, not visually) game.

It's like they knew it wouldn't be a great game so they toss in a well loved character to help up launch day sales.

You'd think they would have learned their lesson to not let Starfox outside of Nintendo dev teams.... but hey you'd expect Namco to do a good job afterall.... hopefully if/when they make a Starfox Wii it's not a 3rd strike and he's out

i bought it a while ago second hand, played it a bit and kinda got bored. Was hoping for a Zelda game in Starfox universe but couldnt get into it.

Fantastic game that really was a joy to play with stunning visuals (nicer than TP), and awesome level design.

Hugely under-rated. Yes it may be linear without much depth but regardless it had certain puzzles and elements to the gameplay that put even Zelda to shame.

Awesome, one of my top 3 for the Gamecube.

Everytime Rare tried games in Nintendo's field they bested them, and in my opinion this is the nth example of that.

"bested them"?

That's what I say to men I want to spend my life with.

Fantastic game that really was a joy to play with stunning visuals (nicer than TP), and awesome level design.

Hugely under-rated. Yes it may be linear without much depth but regardless it had certain puzzles and elements to the gameplay that put even Zelda to shame.

Awesome, one of my top 3 for the Gamecube.

It was a great game, and you're right about the visuals too. There's one pic on ign of the game, it was the first ever picture of a game to make me go "wow".

it felt refreshing playing a game on nintendo that had such extensive voice-acting. and a job well done at that too. as for the visuals, some of the best the cube has to offer, and concidering this was a launch-window game, that's all the more impressive. the gameplay wasn't bad either. not extraordinairy, but still very decent at it's worst.

Wow divided opions or what??

Personally I liked it, so did my Wife, well she liked watching me play it! She's a women of impeccable game watching taste. So far she's only liked Zelda (WW, OoT, TP), Mario Sunshine, RE4, Pikmin and Star Fox Adventure.

Love the T-Rex boss battle, where you electrocute it then smash one of those explodey things into it. Great gameplay, and it was 'FUN' which was the most important thing to me.

The Krazoa spirit temples were a joy to play with nice challenges and they broke up the storyline in two, making sure you didn't get bored.

Remember the puzzle where you had to keep 'calm' during a (virtual) ambush of dinosaurs and monsters by not letting the red line go too far to the left/right?

Genius.

I absolutely loved this game. My first GC game. It was amazing.

It's really quite rubbish. Poor Zelda clone.

Actually it's an amazing game. Better than TP in every aspect (including graphics).

My favourite line from the game was 'Hey fox, got yourself stuck again'?

Actually it's an amazing game. Better than TP in every aspect (including graphics).

My favourite line from the game was 'Hey fox, got yourself stuck again'?

Actually it's not.

TP was definately a disappointment but it was still a good game and better than SFA.

Actually it's not.

TP was definately a disappointment but it was still a good game and better than SFA.

I wouldn't go as far as calling TP a dissappointment either, just didn't have a spectacular ending that we were hoping for.

SFA however, i found a massive dissappointment, visuals were the only good thing, puzzels were monotonous and not challenging and pretty much all of them were, collect X amount of this item.

Fight also, pretty to watch for a viewer maybe, but for the playing zero dept with no thought process needed

Actually it's not.

You see, that's what's called an 'opinion'. You think SFA is better than TP, Goron and I don't.

I wouldn't go as far as calling TP a dissappointment either, just didn't have a spectacular ending that we were hoping for.

It wasn't the 'game' I was hoping for. TP was the biggest dissappointment ever in terms of gaming. To be anyway. Crap game.