NEurope
conzer16

2007 Rugby World Cup

Yeah very cool

Going crazy with nerves. Been reading up on bbc site with all the updates. Latest one:

"Gare du Nord - a man in an England shirt has just rifled a drop kick straight in the face of an enormous passing South African. After a slight look of befuddlement, the Bok fan smiled, hugged the Englishman and planted a kiss on his forehead. That's why rugby is better than football - Fact."

its better because he got kicked inthe head?

Their both as good as each other, to their respected fans! - "FACT"

I think he means the reaction of the opposing supporter.

In any case, just under 6 hours to go!

Why exactly are people smacking rugby balls around the Gare du Nord??

Got a text from my mate, Paris has been taken over with rugby folk having a great time. Why not Daft?

Got a text from my mate, Paris has been taken over with rugby folk having a great time. Why not Daft?

Last time I played tennis in a train station people didn't really go for it. I suppose its Rugby crazy over there at the moment. :heh:

Has your friend got tickets?

Yes. Bastards.

Wow, yeah. Bastards. :heh:

Take solace in the fact it probably cost them a bundle....hopefully! :hehe:

True enough

More BBC updates:

More rugby-fans-are-better-than-football-fans ammunition from the press officer for the French police, who says: "We've had no trouble here at all. It's not the same as football fans. Everyone is in good spirit."

"If this comes down to a kicking duel there is only one winner and that's Jonny Wilkinson. I've got a feeling - I don't know why, I don't think anyone could say why - but I'm backing us."

"I was much happier in the run-up to both the Australia and France games...we didn't stand a chance so I could watch happily without the burden of expectation. Now, oh God! We stand a real chance of making history. I haven't been this nervous since my wife got her new credit card. ALLEZ LES BLANCS!"

Going down to watch this on the big screen in the food court of my college at uni. The atmosphere is going to be electric, and God just imagine if we win! That place is gonna explode. Can't wait

Best of luck to England tonight!

My uncles Welch, and supports England. You're English and support them. Good grief.

COME ON ENGLAND

My uncles Welch, and supports England. You're English and support them. Good grief.

COME ON ENGLAND

Excuse me??

Excellent game so far. A couple of silly give-aways but England seem to be holding firm.

England 3 Them 9

It's not that bad.

South Africa havn't won any by skill really. Just penalties.

Yeh true we are actually playing really well we really need a moment of inspiration from someone though

Excuse me??

Sorry, I meant Irish, the excitement's getting to my head.

England are playing great, just need a few penalties now.