NEurope
conzer16

2007 Rugby World Cup

Brilliant game, fought hard to the end, was a joy to watch.

Just registered for tickets for the final, if Eurostar is cheap enough then I might well go.

Speechless. Thrilled. Proud.

Was literally teary eyed when the final whistle went. The turn-around in fortunes for England this world cup has been astounding. After four years of utter SHITE, we get this.

We're in a world cup final!!!! Fucking hell. Makes me wish I'd taken that 66/1 bet before the competition!!

Far too drunk and emotionally drained to do an analysis, who cares we won. Come on Argentina tonight!!!!!

Mate of mine, who is a HUGE football fan watched it with me, he's been watching a bit of the world cup and has been getting really into it. At the final whistle (well, a few minutes after it) he turned and said "Ok fine, this is more exciting than footy". Another soon to be converted :D

I bet Motions Arse was getting pounded....

Both Metaphorically and Sexually

You know it mate, you f-ing know it :P

I wonder if motion had a heart attack? :D :D :D

About 5 mini ones actually. :D

I've only started watching rugby recently but the angle he had to score from was absurd....is that a set position? (Forgive me if that is a stupid question...: peace: )

Basically when you score a try, the position where you ground the ball past the try line dictates where the conversion kick takes place. So for example if you score the try underneath the goal posts, the conversion has to be taken right in front of the goal posts, in-line with where the try was scored. In last night's case, Lewsey scored on the very side of the French try line, hence why Wilko's kick was equally by the touchline. Does that make sense? That's why you'll see players do their best to touch the ball down as close to the middle of the pitch when they're in for a try.

Mate of mine, who is a HUGE football fan watched it with me, he's been watching a bit of the world cup and has been getting really into it. At the final whistle (well, a few minutes after it) he turned and said "Ok fine, this is more exciting than footy". Another soon to be converted :D

Rugby > football. Unfortunately I care more about football than rugby. I do think rugby is the better game though, for sure.

Basically when you score a try, the position where you ground the ball past the try line dictates where the conversion kick takes place. So for example if you score the try underneath the goal posts, the conversion has to be taken right in front of the goal posts, in-line with where the try was scored. In last night's case, Lewsey scored on the very side of the French try line, hence why Wilko's kick was equally by the touchline. Does that make sense? That's why you'll see players do their best to touch the ball down as close to the middle of the pitch when they're in for a try.

Awesome! That makes perfect sense! Cheers!!

I'm really looking forward to the final now!

Football will always be the game for me, doesn't mean I can't enjoy Rugby mind, which I did imensely last night.

St Helens fucked up, but thats a totally different matter.

Robinson was so good yesterday, is he really retiring after the world cup or did I imagine that?

Football will always be the game for me, doesn't mean I can't enjoy Rugby mind, which I did imensely last night.

Same with me, but I think the reason why is because there are no professional Rugby clubs near me (I think the nearest is Gloucester). And then compare that with 6 football clubs in the Premier League and Football League being within a 10 mile radius, and hopefully you get the picture.

In a way I kinda want South Africa to win. Because if they get to the final and we beat them it means we have come full circle from the awful defeat in the group stages 36 0 to beating them it would be like some sort of star wars movie type thing. Any thoughts or are we all cheering on argerntina? Just for the record if this were the final SA vs Argentina id want argentina to win by a mile.

This world cup has been pretty boring and for non rugby fans it has not been pretty on the eye. I prefer Rugby League and if I watch Union it has to be the Super 14's as it brings excitement and much more expansive rugby.

The best team does not win at the rugby union world cup. too many teams are scared to run with the ball and just kick the ball long. It is horrible to watch! Last nights game was not won on skill. Both teams just didnt want to make mistakes. It seems that whoever makes less mistakes win the game.

where is the attacking flair players?? England are possibly the most boring team to watch. honestly once it gets to the quarter finals expansive rugby does not exist..

New Zealand are brilliant outside of the World Cup and easily the best team around. They keep hold of the ball and express themselves like no others. Soon as it gets to the Quarter Finals of the World Cup they go into this silly mode and forget why they are the best team around.

The Tri-Nations pisses all over the World Cup..

I will be cheering on South Africa next week. :)

Ohhh Aye

I'm going the Everton v Liverpool Match

Pub Afterwards

Watch the Final!

Jesus if Liverpool win and England do I might just wee myself a little!

One word......

WOW.

What the hell are England doing in the World Cup Final??

I was at wembley for the estonia game then rushed home to the pub, had a curry then watched the Rugby! Amazing day. The atmosphere in the pub was immense. Great win.

I was at wembley for the estonia game then rushed home to the pub, had a curry then watched the Rugby! Amazing day. The atmosphere in the pub was immense. Great win.

Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. :heh:

By the way, the song on your myspace profile is awesome! : peace:

Pitty about the lead singer... :(

Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. :heh:

By the way, the song on your myspace profile is awesome! : peace:

Pitty about the lead singer... :(

[off topic] Oh thanks im glad you like it. Simon the lead singer is one of my best mates that I had known for 7 years but he unfortunately passed away in March of this year. He was good friend and a great song writer and singer.

His brother will be releasing his tracks soon tho.[/off topic]

Robinson was so good yesterday, is he really retiring after the world cup or did I imagine that?

Yeah he's retiring from pro rugby completely, though he is playing for the Barbarians against South Africa in November as a one off game.

Same with me, but I think the reason why is because there are no professional Rugby clubs near me (I think the nearest is Gloucester). And then compare that with 6 football clubs in the Premier League and Football League being within a 10 mile radius, and hopefully you get the picture.

Glaws are a good team to support.

In a way I kinda want South Africa to win. Because if they get to the final and we beat them it means we have come full circle from the awful defeat in the group stages 36 0 to beating them it would be like some sort of star wars movie type thing. Any thoughts or are we all cheering on argerntina? Just for the record if this were the final SA vs Argentina id want argentina to win by a mile.

I agree that thumping South Africa next week would be fantastic, and reckon we can do it. Don't mind who we play in the final, whichever gets there will still be shitting themselves at the prospect of playing this England team.

When the Hell is the final by the way?

6 agonisingly long days away.

One word......

WOW.

What the hell are England doing in the World Cup Final??

Getting better and better with every game since the Samoa match.

This world cup has been pretty boring and for non rugby fans it has not been pretty on the eye. I prefer Rugby League and if I watch Union it has to be the Super 14's as it brings excitement and much more expansive rugby.

The best team does not win at the rugby union world cup. too many teams are scared to run with the ball and just kick the ball long. It is horrible to watch! Last nights game was not won on skill. Both teams just didnt want to make mistakes. It seems that whoever makes less mistakes win the game.

where is the attacking flair players?? England are possibly the most boring team to watch. honestly once it gets to the quarter finals expansive rugby does not exist..

New Zealand are brilliant outside of the World Cup and easily the best team around. They keep hold of the ball and express themselves like no others. Soon as it gets to the Quarter Finals of the World Cup they go into this silly mode and forget why they are the best team around.

The Tri-Nations pisses all over the World Cup..

I will be cheering on South Africa next week. :)

You want expansive pansy arsed rugby with zero confrontation watch rugby league.

I agree with you to some extent that flair and fast running rugby goes out the window in the knock out stages but who cares? Yesterday's game was one of the most exciting in the competition for sheer nerves. Of course it wasn't a great 'game' of rugby, in terms of tries, running rugby etc... but who cares, the amount of passion, determination, tension around the pitch was fantastic and made for a great spectacle.

You honestly think this has been a boring world cup? Was the Fiji v Wales game boring? Or the fact that Georgia nearly (should have) beaten Ireland? Passion of the Portugese? The All Blacks choking? Tonga being one of the surprise packages of the tournament? The skill and ball handling of the Japanese? The upset in the opening game? ..... - This has been the best world cup so far.

Seriously, watch league. You'll enjoy it more. I'll stick with the awesomeness that is union.

And I disagree about the tri nations 'pissing all over the world cup', the tri nations is dull, boring and the same old, same old every year. They need Argentina in there to shake things up a bit. One thing for sure though... the Six Nations shits all over the Tri Nations.

Tri Nations pissing all over the 6 Nations? WHere is the evidence for that in this World Cup?

England in the Final, France in the Semis, Scotland in the Quarters??

And to expand on my disbelief of England in the Final....

Fair fucks to them :D

Since the under dogs seem to have won every knock out stage, at what point does being the underdog make the opposing team the REAL underdogs, thus promising victory to them?

Congrats to both England and South Africa reaching the finals. I predict South Africa may just take the win over England, but you never know England might just pull it off again like they did 4 years ago.

If England win on Saturday I may have to kill someone. The press will be unbearable. They won't shut up about winning it twice in a row for years.

If England win on Saturday I may have to kill someone. The press will be unbearable. They won't shut up about winning it twice in a row for years.

If I had a penny for every time I heard or read that. Just one, single, solitary penny.

So you want England to GTFO of the World Cup.

Motion you actually are right and make some good points. Outside of the Knock out stages the Rugby has been good too watch. I am just disappointed with the quality of matches we have seen over the last two weeks.

As for Jason Robinson. guy is a legend! remember first watching him in Rugby League when Sky first started showing Super League. His skills are out of this world. He is one player who could of went to the NFL and been a superstar. honestly as a Running Back he could of been awesome!