NEurope
immy

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI: The Zenithia Trilogy

They don't really try to launch the remakes of Dragon Quest into main stream appeal, they tried it with IV from what I saw but V, wow, the best one had fuck all copies in circulation, it pretty much sells for it's RRP used on ebay too

WESTERN VERSION OF VI ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

i_26936.png

NINTENDO ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT OF DRAGON QUEST VI: REALMS OF REVELATION

Enhanced Version of Classic Role-Playing Game Launches for Nintendo DS Systems on Feb. 14

REDMOND, Wash., Dec. 20, 2010 - Nintendo of America today gave video game fans across North America something sweet to look forward to on Valentine's Day, and it has nothing to do with flowers or chocolates. On Feb. 14, DRAGON QUEST® VI: Realms of RevelationTM - previously unavailable outside of Japan - will make its North American debut exclusively on the hand-held Nintendo DSTM family of systems. Combining classic role-playing adventure with new character options and enhancements, the game offers hours of imaginative DRAGON QUEST fun spanning several unique game worlds that can be enjoyed on the go.

DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation features a rich storyline that leads players through a multitude of captivating worlds as they gather allies and battle fierce monsters on a quest to defeat evil forces. With updated graphics and more than 15 character classes to choose from, new and experienced players alike can dive headlong into the timeless role-playing excitement of the DRAGON QUEST franchise anytime, anywhere. They can even enjoy special features such as switching between character classes and letting monsters, such as Slimes, join their party.

"Millions of players around the world have discovered the timeless fun of DRAGON QUEST," said Marc Franklin, Nintendo of America's director of Public Relations. "The arrival of DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation in North America will give fans unique access to a classic game in the series for the first time, offering new ways to explore and enjoy the DRAGON QUEST universe."

Originally released in 1995 for Japan's Super Famicom system (known in the U.S. as Super NESTM), DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation challenges players to explore multiple worlds as they confront the many problems caused by the evil Murdaw. Players can choose from nine starting classes and unlock others as they progress through the game.

For more information about DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation, visit http://dragonquest6.nintendo.com.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its WiiTM home console and Nintendo DSTM family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment SystemTM, Nintendo has sold more than 3.5 billion video games and more than 577 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSiTM and Nintendo DSi XLTM, as well as the Game BoyTM, Game Boy Advance, Super NESTM, Nintendo 64TM and Nintendo GameCubeTM systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as MarioTM, Donkey KongTM, MetroidTM, ZeldaTM and PokémonTM. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.

DRAGON QUEST and SQUARE ENIX are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.. REALMS OF REVELATION is a trademark or registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

Finally! At least we can import it if it doesn't make it to Europe, pretty sure it will now though. :D

HAPPINESS!

I opened the thead preparing for dissapointment, but finally a US date! Hopefully if they keep up the trend of IV and V, we should get it around the same time.

Been play the original Dragon Warrior, lots of grinding...

Edited by Ike

Yeeeeeeeeah boyyyyyyy!

Won't be long for the EU release hopefully, we usually get the DQ DS remakes around the same time.

Pro, knew it wouldn't be cancelled.

Hell dunno what i'm saying, i'm still a kid in DQ V.

Perhaps Nintendo have gotten their grubby hands on it and think they can do the series more justice then what Square-Enix USA can do (Which they already have I mean DQIX sold more then what DQIV and V did put together)

DING DING DING DING DING NINTENDO...YOU...ARE...GOOOOOOODS :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown:

AWWWYEAH.jpg

Trailer (WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!!)

Edited by killer kirby

Excellent. The DS lives on, haha. Brilliant! Will be importing if we don't get an EU release but we have to be odds on to get DQ VI over here now. :santa: Great news!

People should seriously stop doubting it not coming to europe, the pal region is where Dragon Quest sells the best outside of Japan. Heck it's Dragon Quest IX is the 2nd most bought DS game in Australia at the moment.

EDIT: Noticed the T rating, first for a Dragon Quest game in the west.

Edited by killer kirby

People should seriously stop doubting it not coming to europe, the pal region is where Dragon Quest sells the best outside of Japan. Heck it's Dragon Quest IX is the 2nd most bought DS game in Australia at the moment.

EDIT: Noticed the T rating, first for a Dragon Quest game in the west.

When its taken this long to bring the game even to the USA, plus with the DS now reaching the end of its life... I think all our doubts are valid. :heh:

We'll get it. I didn't notice Nintendo are publishing it at first.

Anyone know what this book is meant to be, the decription basically gives a synopsis of the game and there seems to be books covering upto DQIX? Judging by the claim on the cover, it's just high quality (lol) articles from wikipedia. Not sure how they managed 120 pages

When its taken this long to bring the game even to the USA, plus with the DS now reaching the end of its life... I think all our doubts are valid. :heh:

Yes the moment 3DS comes out Nintendo will stop making and publish DS games FOREVER!!!! :laughing:

Yes the moment 3DS comes out Nintendo will stop making and publish DS games FOREVER!!!! :laughing:

I forgot that we get every single RPG released here, silly me.

Justin Haywald has posted up a preview feature on 1UP.com - seven reasons you'll want to play DQ VI.

No. 6 --To Fly on a Bed

Plenty of RPGs let you fly around the world by fantastical modes of transportation, but how many let you traverse the globe on a bed? DQVI lets you reenact your Bedknobs and Broomsticks fantasies by traveling the world via flying bed, magic carpet, and (with the aid of a Mermaid's Harp) makeshift submarine. And once you start enlisting characters, you can choose who your party leader is; that means if you want to see King Slime pilot a four-post bed, DQVI will let you do that.

:bowdown:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3183063

Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler and Spoiler, seriously if you want the best enjoyment out of the game, know nothing of this game.

Thats me told! No more Internet or gaming mags for me!

Thats me told! No more Internet or gaming mags for me!

That content that you just put up is like halfway through the game, I had a plesent surprise when I found out playing it.

According to ONM, Europe is keep the the original title of Realms of Reverie.

Realms of Reverie (not Revelation, as the game's known in North America )

According to ONM, Europe is keep the the original title of Realms of Reverie.

I take it no word on a release date then?

Got my copy of the Japanese version of Dragon Quest V for the PS2 yesterday, not a big fan of the Ultimate Editions boxart though.

Story: 7.6

Design: 8.7

Gameplay: 8.4

Presentation: 8.8

Overall: 8.5

Kat Bailey has reviewed DQ VI over on 1UP.com, scoring it a B. Its an interesting read because she's fairly critical throughout and doesn't lavish the game with praise.

However, the story abruptly changes gears around the five-hour mark. With one of the main conflicts resolved, the story gives way to a number of self-contained vignettes as the Hero embarks on a literal quest of self-discovery. It's here that the pace of the story slows considerably, mainly because the ultimate goal feels somewhat inconsequential in the grand scheme of things -- almost like a lengthy epilogue. There is in fact a common thread connecting all of the vignettes, but it takes a number of hours to materialize. Until that happens, the game feels more like an extended epilogue than anything else.

http://www.1up.com/reviews/dragon-quest-vi-review

Arrrrgh, the US and EU release have always been very close for the DS remakes. Now we're in a situation where only god knows if we will ever get it here..

Well, it's likely it'll come after the 3DS has been released. If it was coming before, NoE would have dated it by now as they've given release dates for all their titles coming this quarter and they don't date anything coming outside of the current quarter until it's nearly over. So it won't be for another couple of weeks/post 3DS launch that we'll hear release dates for the next quarter and whether or not this'll be coming out here.

Arrrrgh, the US and EU release have always been very close for the DS remakes. Now we're in a situation where only god knows if we will ever get it here..

Yeah it sucks, I guess it's because Nintendo are publishing it now and/or some sort of release schedule thing. Stupid NoE. Trying to resist the urge to import. *Goes back to DQIX*.

Story: 7.6

Design: 8.7

Gameplay: 8.4

Presentation: 8.8

Overall: 8.5

Kat Bailey has reviewed DQ VI over on 1UP.com, scoring it a B. Its an interesting read because she's fairly critical throughout and doesn't lavish the game with praise.

http://www.1up.com/reviews/dragon-quest-vi-review

Fucking dumb bitch, thats the greatest thing about Dragon Quest. This is not a Final Fantasy game, Mass effect, fallout or whatever.

This game is where Horii starts giving the whole world a real crisis. Almost every town has some sort of problem and story that revolves around it and you usually go and help. The game is like...Think to yourself you are reading this big book. As you are reading the first 5 chapters everything is going well and smoothly, only for the 6th chapter to have a completely different story, but it's a very short one and ends after that chapter, and the next chapter is another short story. continue on that short story until you get around the last 5 chapters and it continues onto the main story.

The man is a genius how he incorporates all these little stories into one game. When you guys get the chance to play it, truly embrace the stories that he put into that game.