NEurope
immy

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI: The Zenithia Trilogy

WHERE IS MY DAMN RELEASE DATE S-E? lolz

Next year lol, do not worry it will be coming...soon. (I guess I don't feel so much as to need it since I have the SNES copy of it :heh: )

Oh and everyone is going to bitch slap you for bringing this thread up (I'll give ya a pat on the back xD )

EDIT: Just to annoy you people, Dragon Quest VI is awesome like really really awesome in like everything and its amazing how the SNES was able to handle the game because it's like 50+ hours this games main story yeah it's like really really really really really really really really really really really.......

Really really really really really really really really

Really really really really really really

Good

PS. Have I forgot to mention that this game is like really good?

Edited by killer kirby

Aaaaaand Square-Enix USA have got their list of games for Q1 2011.

-Deus Ex: Human Revolution [PC/360/PS3]

-Dungeon Siege 3 [PC/360/PS3]

-The 3rd Birthday [PSP]

-Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy [PSP]

-Final Fantasy XIV [PS3]

-Gun Loco [360]

-Mindjack [360/PS3]

-Kingdom Hearts Re:coded [NDS] - January 11th

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/21/square-enixs-q1-2011-line-up-for-north-america-in-pictures/

No Dragon Quest VI there :laughing::(

I really thought it would be out. And I don't know why they would stop it from coming out I mean DQIX is the best selling DQ game in the english countries...

Perhaps Nintendo have gotten their grubby hands on it and think they can do the series more justice then what Square-Enix USA can do (Which they already have I mean DQIX sold more then what DQIV and V did put together)

Can't believe it is taking them so long. Good job there are plenty of RPGs to be playing at the minute anyway!

Well they might still announce it later, the only game with a specific release date is Kingdom Hearts and that's only in January.

I think my copy of DQVI on the SNES has got lost in the post, hasn't turned up yet :(

I'm was thinking April release just now since I tohught DQ V was that month, but turns out that was February so nevermind that :heh:

I suspect they won't want to release it too soon incase it slows down/damages DQ IX sales if it's an evergreen title just now. I'd imagine folk who aren't in the know will go "Oh, this is new it's the latest and greatest one." I think a late July to Q1 is a tad soon for another main entry in the same franchise. But that's me.

Yeha i'm saying that regardless of the DQ V/IX gap, think IX outweighs a remake a fair bit.

And damn, hope that gets sorted out soon for you Ike. Would immensly suck.

Edited by ShadowV7

One thing that might be setting the agenda is the downloadable Quests in Dragon Quest IX, which will persist for about a year, won't they? I do believe there are certain bosses that won't become fight-able for a while, so whilst I want to buy VI, I for one am going to keep playing IX until I've done everything in it.

I'm was thinking April release just now since I tohught DQ V was that month, but turns out that was February so nevermind that :heh:

I suspect they won't want to release it too soon incase it slows down/damages DQ IX sales if it's an evergreen title just now. I'd imagine folk who aren't in the know will go "Oh, this is new it's the latest and greatest one." I think a late July to Q1 is a tad soon for another main entry in the same franchise. But that's me.

Yeha i'm saying that regardless of the DQ V/IX gap, think IX outweighs a remake a fair bit.

Dragon Quest VI came out to Japan at the beginning of this year regardless of the fact that the online quests were still running on DQIX.

Square-Enix are just stupid thats all there is too it (Unless it has gone over to Nintendo But until then I will stick by my point) From sources the translation for this game is done, it's all a go, and now they wait?

Those fucking bastards.. I guess they're all sitting there saying "Herpa derp, the English regions have been getting their games a lot quicker from us a lot quicker lately. We can take our time and they'll still lap up our shit"

..Which is true =( I just want to get this game god damn.

Those fucking bastards.. I guess they're all sitting there saying "Herpa derp, the English regions have been getting their games a lot quicker from us a lot quicker lately. We can take our time and they'll still lap up our shit"

..Which is true =( I just want to get this game god damn.

Kingdom Hearts re boring is coming out that didn't take em long.

One thing that might be setting the agenda is the downloadable Quests in Dragon Quest IX, which will persist for about a year, won't they? I do believe there are certain bosses that won't become fight-able for a while, so whilst I want to buy VI, I for one am going to keep playing IX until I've done everything in it.

If they wait too long the 3DS will be out which I'm sure won't help the sales of the game.

From sources the translation for this game is done, it's all a go, and now they wait?

Wait a second, the translation is done?

Asking what's going with with DQ VI?

Wondering what's going with the DS remake of Dragon Quest VI? Things might not be looking so good...

The final Dragon Quest remake in the Zenithia trilogy, Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie, could perhaps not get a European release after all due to a tweet made by Square-Enix Europe.

When asked on Twitter: "Any information on Dragon Quest VI? Pretty please? Even if it's not on the cards right now", Square-Enix Europe replied with "Not on the cards right now – sorry!", which may worry some fans of the series.

It is important to point out that when the trilogy of remakes first got announced, all three titles were confirmed for a European release, making it the first time the titles would be made available in Europe. Also it was only a few months ago that trademarks in Italian appeared, suggesting that a European release was on the horizon.

Stay with N-Europe for more Dragon Quest details.

March = 3DS, no listing in Q1 line up. Our only light is it's a misunderstanding and the whole pledged DS support for Europe.

I still believe it'll get a release.

Edited by ShadowV7

I'll follow on no doubt.

Though I WILL kill someone if The Last Story doesn't get a Euro release. Seriously, there will be blood :heh:

S-E have tweeted about the situation.

About DQVI, there is just no news. No confirmation, no cancellation. Please be patient and bear with us!

There looks to be a glimmer of hope for us.

What I thought the tweet before had intended but could be read the wrong way. Just not on the cards cause there was no news about it for now.

I'll go with June/Summer time just now.

What I thought the tweet before had intended but could be read the wrong way. Just not on the cards cause there was no news about it for now.

I'll go with June/Summer time just now.

Yeah, I think they were just repeating what the person said which got read wrong. If it got cancelled I doubt they would bother to try and sort out the confusion.

Yeah, I think they were just repeating what the person said which got read wrong. If it got cancelled I doubt they would bother to try and sort out the confusion.

If Square-Enix cancel the game, it's the first one they have cancelled for the US since the merge.

Buuuuuut this is Square-Enix, an IQ of 5

S-E have tweeted about the situation.

There looks to be a glimmer of hope for us.

Good stuff - not the first time something has got lost in translation. It doesn't make sense, even with the DS lifespan coming to an end, that they wouldn't release DQ VI over here after bringing over IV and V. Or maybe thats too logical of me.

I don't see why it would be cancelled. The 3DS still plays DS games right?

Although i suppose it'll be like when FF6 got it's gba release, the DS had gba support but people had just stopped buying gba games at that point.

It's such a shame.

I bought FFVI on GBA!

Though I haven't played it in years since repeatedly dying in a particularly hard late dungeon. Same with IV Advance actually...

I got all the handheld Final Fantasy games, although 4 out of the 6 were imported (Dawn of Souls and FFIV GBA are European)

People need to stop freaking out lol, it will come out, just not at the moment, I thought it was coming out at the beginning of the next year, but people closer and in the know how about whats happening with the game have been saying that it's not out because of DQIX now, and until that game stops selling or when the download service has had it's year run it will probably be out then.

People need to stop freaking out lol, it will come out, just not at the moment, I thought it was coming out at the beginning of the next year, but people closer and in the know how about whats happening with the game have been saying that it's not out because of DQIX now, and until that game stops selling or when the download service has had it's year run it will probably be out then.

I guess people are just concered with the 3DS coming out in 5 months and that it might kill off interest in the game and the DS itself that SE might not bother releasing it.

I guess people are just concered with the 3DS coming out in 5 months and that it might kill off interest in the game and the DS itself that SE might not bother releasing it.

Sadly it might go like that, buuuut, if it's timed right, it might do even better, it all depends when 3DS finally comes out, and also perhaps the biggest threat, which is much bigger then the 3DS...Pokemon black and white. If that game comes out before Dragon Quest VI, you can kiss half it's sales goodbye since everyone will have their RPG portable fix with pokemon (I mean just look at Golden Sun's sales in Japan, pretty bad sadly)

Square-Enix have a great chance to push Dragon Quest even further, thanks to the efforts of Nintendo, but knowing Square-Enix, they will fuck it up. They should just give the English rights to Nintendo and let them do all the work since they will probably do a better job like they already have now.